Vista 5112 Installation Problem in VM

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
bobthecow
FTP Access

Vista 5112 Installation Problem in VM

Post by bobthecow »

I have been trying to install Vista 5112 (beta 1 fork) in VMware, but when it comes time for me to select where to install it to, the hard drive that I created in VMware isn't available. Any suggestions?

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

This has already been discussed here. Try to format the drive with XP first and then install Longhorn on the freshly created and formatted partition.

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

The formatter built into some of the earlier builds was a bit hit-and-miss - try booting the virtual machine with an XP CD (or anything else that can format it as NTFS), format it, then cancel XP setup and reboot using the Vista disc, and you should be able to select the now already-formatted drive.

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

of you can press Shift + F10 to bring up a command prompt, then use diskpart to create your partition
I believe Vista B1 could format partitions, but not create partitions

This reminds me teaching a guy on irc how to install Vista B1 on vmware on the day of this release. It was a long time ago, one and a half years.