BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 46d, 7h, 26m | CPU: 60% | MEM: 5511MB of 11659MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Microsoft’s Advertising of Windows 1.0        Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:47 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 2000
What do y’all think about this? In case you haven’t heard, Microsoft is advertising for Windows 1.0 again including changing its profile picture on social media and posting old ads for Word and other software that you could get when Windows 1.0 came out. Any guesses as to what this could mean?
Article: https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-teases-windows-1-0-and-no-one-knows-why/

On another note, I just realized Windows came out on my birthday. Coolio!

Gabe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZBjxC-IInPrC1dNISF8ZQ

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft’s Advertising of Windows 1.0        Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:11 pm 
FTP Access

I agree with the widespread conjecture that this is part of the marketing campaign for the third season of Stranger Things.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft’s Advertising of Windows 1.0        Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:12 pm 
Donator

Looks like Microsoft is releasing a Windows 1.0 themed game called "Windows 1.11" as its contribution to the ST3 hype. It's exactly this kind of stupidity that I expected them to come up with. Somehow they managed to get a lot of the UI wrong, just look at the close button at the top right.

Some people hoped they would release the Windows 1.0 source code. Maybe next time, I guess.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft’s Advertising of Windows 1.0        Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:46 pm 
FTP Access

Quote:
Some people hoped they would release the Windows 1.0 source code.

To be fair, this is exactly what I hoped for... I'm pretty disappointed that all of this is just about Stranger Things.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft’s Advertising of Windows 1.0        Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:15 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 1.0 DR5
Windows 1.11 runs on top of Windows 10 instead of DOS. And it's 775 MB. Windows 1.11 is a Windows 10 app. https://www.neowin.net/news/windows-111 ... spired-app

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft’s Advertising of Windows 1.0        Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:00 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 1 DR5 to 10 build 9901
I’ve been hearing rumors that Windows 1.0 would get open-sourced. It would definitely be a surprise if the rumor is true.

Top  Profile