Microsoft’s Advertising of Windows 1.0

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
gabegriggs1
Donator

Microsoft’s Advertising of Windows 1.0

Post by gabegriggs1 »

What do y’all think about this? In case you haven’t heard, Microsoft is advertising for Windows 1.0 again including changing its profile picture on social media and posting old ads for Word and other software that you could get when Windows 1.0 came out. Any guesses as to what this could mean?
Article: https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-tea ... knows-why/

On another note, I just realized Windows came out on my birthday. Coolio!

Gabe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations." - Steve Jobs

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZBjx ... C1dNISF8ZQ

Exemptus
FTP Access

Re: Microsoft’s Advertising of Windows 1.0

Post by Exemptus »

I agree with the widespread conjecture that this is part of the marketing campaign for the third season of Stranger Things.

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

Looks like Microsoft is releasing a Windows 1.0 themed game called "Windows 1.11" as its contribution to the ST3 hype. It's exactly this kind of stupidity that I expected them to come up with. Somehow they managed to get a lot of the UI wrong, just look at the close button at the top right.

Some people hoped they would release the Windows 1.0 source code. Maybe next time, I guess.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

super_max2
FTP Access

Post by super_max2 »

Some people hoped they would release the Windows 1.0 source code.
To be fair, this is exactly what I hoped for... I'm pretty disappointed that all of this is just about Stranger Things.

johnlemon647

Post by johnlemon647 »

Windows 1.11 runs on top of Windows 10 instead of DOS. And it's 775 MB. Windows 1.11 is a Windows 10 app. https://www.neowin.net/news/windows-111 ... spired-app

gtgamer468
FTP Access

Post by gtgamer468 »

I’ve been hearing rumors that Windows 1.0 would get open-sourced. It would definitely be a surprise if the rumor is true.

samthorn

Post by samthorn »

I heard that it was one of the marketing threads.
My latest comparison. Can't wait for Last of Us 2.

JennyTheOSCollector

Post by JennyTheOSCollector »

Actually,win1.0's TV ads are popular in my hometown,as Steve shouted and acted crazily(More in winXP TV ads that Steve attended with another fat funny man),and he cried about win1.0's price.
I'm in the exciting new world of NT5.0,where magical arts meet modern style!
Windows NT,Debian,Haiku...the triangle of my favourite OSes,an angle for Windows,an angle for *nix distros,and an angle for other OSes.
Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Sever's Deep Dark Fantasy,Windows NT 5.0's modern fantasy duets.
eComStation eCStasy is a bad thing!!Avoid it!!!