What datatype to use for SafeDisc 2 and above

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
silasqwerty1
FTP Access

What datatype to use for SafeDisc 2 and above

Post by silasqwerty1 »

Which datatype should I use for a SafeDisc 2+ disc? Alcohol 120% has options for SafeDisc 2/3/4 and SafeDisc 2/3/4 (EFM* Writer).

skywalker06
Donator

Re: What datatype to use for SafeDisc 2 and above

Post by skywalker06 »

I usually use the efm safedisc setting for safedisc protected games afaik safedisc 2 used weak sectors to try to stop copying and to overload the buffer but either profile should be fine

Exemptus
FTP Access

Post by Exemptus »

I have had some success with "skip reading errors" ON, "fast skip error blocks" OFF, "read sub-channel data from current disc" ON for Safedisc 2. Some discs are more stubborn, but these generally work. I haven't dealt a lot with later versions, though. Please try and post your experience if you are successful.

GL1zdA
FTP Access

Post by GL1zdA »

silasqwerty1 wrote:Which datatype should I use for a SafeDisc 2+ disc? Alcohol 120% has options for SafeDisc 2/3/4 and SafeDisc 2/3/4 (EFM* Writer).
If you just want to make an image, then both options will give the same result. They only differ in how the image is written if you wan't to burn it on a CD - use the EFM one if your burned supports writing "weak" sectors.