BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 19d, 23h, 12m | CPU: 27% | MEM: 5764MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Re: Virtual Computer - An emulator for the true PC historian        Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:11 pm 
FTP Access

Battler wrote:
SoftPCMuseum wrote:
Actually that was what I was talking about in the post that you quoted. The reason for why the systems with the Intel boards were by far the most trouble free was that I was using the code for the equivalent standard Intel system boards, meaning that those machines should be using the correct Super I/O chips in addition to the chipset itself. At the very least, all of the systems with Intel chipsets plus AMIBIOS fall into this category. I should probably have made a list of those systems though.

You can't just assume that, Super I/O chips varied a lot, even among "similar" boards. :p
Well, just to be sure, I'm going to make a list of Super I/O chips for each machine model and system board anyway, and I'll also try to find pictures of each board just so that I can be sure of what exact chips each board had and categorize it accordingly (I could probably even provide some pictures myself if anyone wants to see them). I already have a couple of pictures of some system boards and I'll try to find more when time permits.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Virtual Computer - An emulator for the true PC historian        Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:59 pm 
FTP Access

In the not too distant future... next Sunday, A.D.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 (don't @ me)
Why couldn't you have just contributed to 86Box? Or PCem? And it isn’t even “ground breaking”, just another useless clone.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Virtual Computer - An emulator for the true PC historian        Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:51 pm 

Favourite OS
Longhorn 5231/Vista SP2 Ultimate
Currently, what Operating Systems does it support?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Virtual Computer - An emulator for the true PC historian        Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:43 pm 
Donator

Cosmo wrote:
Currently, what Operating Systems does it support?

Same as 86Box, therefore Windows on the host and pretty much anything that runs on the Pentium or earlier x86 processors as guests.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Virtual Computer - An emulator for the true PC historian        Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:14 pm 
FTP Access

Now I've tested IBM PS/2 32-bit models. It works with reference diskettes, but not with OS disks (neither DOS, nor AIX).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Virtual Computer - An emulator for the true PC historian        Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:18 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 98 SE 4.10.2222B
I can't run version 1.01 at all - it crashes with an illegal instruction error. Evidently you compiled it for some architecture newer than Nehalem (I have Nehalem-based Xeons).

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Virtual Computer - An emulator for the true PC historian        Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:35 pm 

Favourite OS
Probably 95 or XP
I’ll have to download it and compare it to PCem and 86-Box. I have a Sandy Bridge Xeon in my PC, so it might work with mine. If it truly runs better, then I’ll use it. Otherwise I’ll stick with PCem and 86-Box.

mrpijey wrote:
Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.
[/color]

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Virtual Computer - An emulator for the true PC historian        Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:54 pm 

Do you have a bug tracker arrangement for this? You have a decent measure of them. Additionally, you should impair frameworks that don't work from appearing in the "Framework board" list. Your Compaq Portable III imitating is broken similarly 86box's is. All things considered, it's unusable. Except if you've done some genuine great FPU imitating fixes, I'd expect your PS/2 Model 70-486 is likewise broken (for what it's worth in both PCem and 86box). Should shroud that too.

Top  Profile