BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 24d, 19h, 19m | CPU: 16% | MEM: 5697MB of 10759MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Is the BetaArchive wiki dead?        Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:52 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Since I have applied it seems like I am the only one adding to it. Is it no longer used and forgotten or has no one added to it?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Is the BetaArchive wiki dead?        Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:40 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 1 DR5 to 10 build 9901
I think that it only needs a major overhaul and members like you who can add in more content and I really appreciate it and I believe other members would as well, including the admins. ;)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Is the BetaArchive wiki dead?        Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:41 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
4050Build.Aero
WILSON2bGg wrote:
Since I have applied it seems like I am the only one adding to it. Is it no longer used and forgotten or has no one added to it?

I think most members (like me) are branching off to BetaWiki.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Is the BetaArchive wiki dead?        Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:04 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows NT, Debian
WILSON2bGg wrote:

You've pretty much answered yourself.

www.betawiki.net

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Is the BetaArchive wiki dead?        Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:00 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
ovctvct wrote:
WILSON2bGg wrote:

You've pretty much answered yourself.

Yes maybe I did but I will continue to add to it when I am bored

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Is the BetaArchive wiki dead?        Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:01 am 
FTP Access

I'm not sure if it's been forgotten or not, but I do know that keeping a wiki up to date can be exhausting. People also forget about it sometimes, and life also gets in the way. Though I think the biggest reason why it seems any wiki would be dead is because people tend to only want to look at a wiki, and not add to it. So the info never gets updated and it just drifts further and further into a dead state.

As long as the occasional person adds to it, and makes sure it's all correct, it should do fine.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Is the BetaArchive wiki dead?        Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:15 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Remember that the wiki is only as good as the people who contribute to it. If you want it to stay alive you have to contribute to it. We intend to link the wiki in with the archive database in future so it's a resource worth keeping.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Is the BetaArchive wiki dead?        Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:48 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 1 DR5 to 10 build 9901
By any chance, would be possible if we can take in material from The Collection Book? It already has documented extensive information and screenshots as well for many builds in many different projects. We can just ask Ron Jansen if he approves the idea.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Is the BetaArchive wiki dead?        Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:06 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Not if it's a direct copy no. That's plagiarism. Rob has done an amazing job on collection book so I doubt he'd give permission.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Is the BetaArchive wiki dead?        Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:41 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 2000
Things like product keys and BIOS dates should be alright though. There are multiple builds in our wiki that don't have product keys and bios dates that need attention.

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZBjxC-IInPrC1dNISF8ZQ

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Is the BetaArchive wiki dead?        Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:26 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
gabegriggs1 wrote:
Things like product keys and BIOS dates should be alright though. There are multiple builds in our wiki that don't have product keys and bios dates that need attention.

Most of the builds that don't have DATES or keys are stubbed. If you want to go through and add them, you can but don't remove the stub category. I will be attempting to add pictures with some builds.

Top  Profile