BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 17d, 4h, 3m | CPU: 21% | MEM: 5464MB of 11705MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: What happened to the WinUnleaked blog?        Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:33 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
In the past, the site was WinUnleaked.tk and used to post Windows 8 :beta: screenshots. The domain later changed to WinUnleaked.info and then the creator's twitter account was closed and the website used to redirect to microsoft.com. Now WinUnleaked.info no longer exists and WinUnleaked.tk redirects to an entirely different website.

The reason I am asking is due to the interesting Longhorn builds they had: 5001 and 4002. I don't think their watermarked photos still have copyright, so I will be removing the watermarks as long as no copyright owner exists anymore.
EDIT: I have discovered that their forum links redirect to freenom.link. Interesting. Possibly the site creator used a freenom domain at first?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What happened to the WinUnleaked blog?        Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:24 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
3.11 WfW, 98SE, 5.1.2464, LH4001
If something used to redirect to microsoft.com, then the site was most likely taken down by MS. Screenshots are here https://thecollectionbook.info/gallery/ ... collection

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What happened to the WinUnleaked blog?        Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:42 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
After work for SEVERAL HOURS :? , I have finally achieved this:
Original Image:

Actually, the images when put side by side look identical :D .

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What happened to the WinUnleaked blog?        Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:00 pm 
Donator

ATeamInc wrote:
I don't think their watermarked photos still have copyright, so I will be removing the watermarks as long as no copyright owner exists anymore.

That's not true, unless god knows how many years have passed since the author's death then the screenshots are still copyrighted.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What happened to the WinUnleaked blog?        Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:11 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
AlphaBeta wrote:
ATeamInc wrote:
I don't think their watermarked photos still have copyright, so I will be removing the watermarks as long as no copyright owner exists anymore.

That's not true, unless god knows how many years have passed since the author's death then the screenshots are still copyrighted.

I've stopped working on this anyways... Does it matter that much for some beta screenshots? It isn't a piece of art as far as I am concerned, and the author himself doesn't care anymore, so what is the point here?

Top  Profile  WWW