What happened to the WinUnleaked blog?

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
ATeamInc
FTP Access

What happened to the WinUnleaked blog?

Post by ATeamInc »

In the past, the site was WinUnleaked.tk and used to post Windows 8 :beta: screenshots. The domain later changed to WinUnleaked.info and then the creator's twitter account was closed and the website used to redirect to microsoft.com. Now WinUnleaked.info no longer exists and WinUnleaked.tk redirects to an entirely different website.

The reason I am asking is due to the interesting Longhorn builds they had: 5001 and 4002. I don't think their watermarked photos still have copyright, so I will be removing the watermarks as long as no copyright owner exists anymore.
EDIT: I have discovered that their forum links redirect to freenom.link. Interesting. Possibly the site creator used a freenom domain at first?
<!--Placeholder-->

oscareczek
FTP Access

Re: What happened to the WinUnleaked blog?

Post by oscareczek »

If something used to redirect to microsoft.com, then the site was most likely taken down by MS. Screenshots are here https://thecollectionbook.info/gallery/ ... collection

ATeamInc
FTP Access

Post by ATeamInc »

After work for SEVERAL HOURS :? , I have finally achieved this:
Original Image:

Actually, the images when put side by side look identical :D .
<!--Placeholder-->

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

ATeamInc wrote:I don't think their watermarked photos still have copyright, so I will be removing the watermarks as long as no copyright owner exists anymore.
That's not true, unless god knows how many years have passed since the author's death then the screenshots are still copyrighted.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

ATeamInc
FTP Access

Post by ATeamInc »

AlphaBeta wrote:
ATeamInc wrote:I don't think their watermarked photos still have copyright, so I will be removing the watermarks as long as no copyright owner exists anymore.
That's not true, unless god knows how many years have passed since the author's death then the screenshots are still copyrighted.
I've stopped working on this anyways... Does it matter that much for some beta screenshots? It isn't a piece of art as far as I am concerned, and the author himself doesn't care anymore, so what is the point here?
<!--Placeholder-->