BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 13h, 49m | CPU: 26% | MEM: 2272MB of 3957MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: FTP application & upload inquiries        Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:55 pm 
Administrator

This topic is created for new members having inquiries or questions about their pending or denied FTP applications. As new members may not be able to PM me directly this is the thread to ask questions in.

To simply things here are some links to the guides you must have read, understood and followed before asking any questions:

A quick list of what we don't want uploaded:

• Abandonware console games
  • Magazine discs or floppies (Hallfiry may be interested in these, check out this thread)
  • Open source software (except for original Linux distribution media)
  • Any custom made or modified software
  • Any custom made or modified OS image/disc
  • Any custom made tool or utility
  • Any shareware or freeware software
  • OEM recovery discs

This list is not a complete list and may be revised at any time. If you got any questions PM me or make an offer in the Download Requests/Offers forum.

Generally we're only interested in original retail software and official betas and abandonware.
--

These guides and guidelines will be improved upon over time, so be sure to keep yourself updated. Any posts not relevant to this topic will be deleted without any notice, stay on topic.

Listings: Online :: Offline
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:09 pm 

I have a beta file that is a VHD as it is an internal windows 10 mobile RS1 Build - IT runs in Hyper-V as it is an emulator - it didnt contain a emulator installer (it had an xde installer but it only installed XDE and no flash.vhd) The flash.vhd you have to save somewhere and then create a vm and run the vm)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:12 pm 
Administrator

And? This is a FTP application inquiry thread, please read the topic headers... you already made an offer on that title, any replies regarding it will be done there.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:13 pm 

mrpijey wrote:
And? This is a FTP application inquiry thread, please read the topic headers... you already made an offer on that title, any replies regarding it will be done there.

ok sorry

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:58 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
mrpijey wrote:

Well, so much for this from August, when a friend of mine PM'd you about this. Will that one PC game and the steam game Beta that I had will get accepted?

Thank you for your attention!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:37 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro Insider 14986
It is possible to Upload a software Compressed as a RAR file?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:45 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
russelldlongno wrote:
It is possible to Upload a software Compressed as a RAR file?

Read the upload guidelines

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

If you like my posts, donate me Dogecoin: DLnZV8DS3CaZmLKAVxL2aMijY2vUZeyjBi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:07 pm 
Administrator

Edness wrote:
mrpijey wrote:

Well, so much for this from August, when a friend of mine PM'd you about this. Will that one PC game and the steam game Beta that I had will get accepted?

I still have the uploads and I will keep them until we decide to keep these one day. But there are other groups out there dedicated to collecting and preserving console games so I will keep these off the FTP for now as I don't have the space nor time to test every console game.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Did I send a FTP access application incorrectly?        Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:33 am 

Favourite OS
Last time I posted a topic at "general discussion" about not getting FTP access after uploading a beta.Mrpijey replied me.But later the topic disappeared.It seems that it's deleted for not posting at a correct forum,so I come here to ask about this.
Mrpijey told me that I should apply for FTP access,instead of simply uploading a beta.But I don't know what a proper application is like.Is it more than what is said at the FTP Server page?I just uploaded a beta according to that.
The zipped file I prepared to upload included a ".iso" system mirror image file,a ".txt" introduction file,several ".png" screen shots and so on.Before uploading the zipped file,I made a new folder named with my ID on the FTP.Then I uploaded the zipped file.
Is this process incorrect or incomplete?Or the process is OK but my beta was rejected?
Moreover,I still haven't got any rejection PMs.But I haven't got FTP access either.

Last edited by BilinSun on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:00 am 
Administrator

First off, we got a topic for FTP application inquiries, I've merged your post with it. Direct all your FTP application questions to this topic, or PM me directly if you can.

Second off, you never applied for FTP access. On the contribution page there's a huge link where you apply for FTP access. And you find the contribution page link on every major forum section that requires you to be a FTP member, you can't miss it.

https://www.betaarchive.com/contributions.php

Third off, your upload was probably rejected because it didn't fulfill the contribution requirements, and since there was no FTP application I didn't reply to you about it. I don't reply to every FTP upload, especially if they are of low value or uploaded in such a bad state that it's clear to me that the uploader didn't read any of the dumping, scanning or uploading guides (all of which are available in the tutorial sections as well as in my signature).

You may of course try again to upload something to the FTP and apply for access, but make sure you read and understood the guides as you will make it far easier for both of us not having to re-upload the same thing 19 times because you neglected to follow the guidelines properly.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:38 am 

Favourite OS
Oh,I'm terribly sorry that I didn't notice the link was a link and thought the system would automatically send an application.I have sent an applicaton just now.Do I have to re-upload the beta?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:59 am 
Administrator

Yes, reupload it and if it gets rejected or if you need to make any changes you will get PMed.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:14 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
I uploaded the necessary files, but I have not received any response yet.
It took quite a long time
I can not confirm that I have succeeded or failed.
FTP Manager response is required.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:44 am 
Administrator

I have already replied to you in multiple PMs what is missing in your scans. I can't keep up this anymore as you have several times uploaded everything and anything except the scan I asked for. I can't help you unless you upload what's needed to complete the release.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:06 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
So I uploaded the necessary files to bmp.rar last week. Only the scanned image files you requested (Scanned the back cover except plastic)
Two bmp files
The front and rear of the back cover
Did you check?

And
now my file submission has been blocked permanently?

If possible,
Is it possible to try again with the software I tried last time (starting with E)?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:25 pm 
Administrator

I said back cover WITHOUT the plastic cover. I said this three times. Three times you re-uploaded back scans with the plastic cover. I have every scan you uploaded and I still don't see any back cover scans without the plastic covers.

I simply grew tired of repeating myself over and over again. I spent more time with your submission than any other already. If you want to upload the proper back cover scans then do so and I will look into completing the upload, but do it right this time.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:51 pm 
FTP Access

How do i upload? all of my FTP clients(even FileZilla) fail at transfer

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:32 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OpenNT
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BEFORE POSTING. I'm really getting tired of those type of questions we have very easy-understandable tutorial.
Read this https://www.betaarchive.com/contributions.php and the this https://www.betaarchive.com/ssl.php
Saying "I tried but my client failed" is like "I tried to start my car but the engine remained quiet. What should I do?" There could be hundreds of reasons why it failed.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:23 am 
FTP Access

Hi,

VS.net & .net Framework Beta 2 from 2001 uploaded and no more information after.

Any info?

Regards

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:00 pm 

Favourite OS
NT 5 & 6
what a donkey dodo
i offered you internal dev app which can't be found online
and it "wasn't interesting enough" for ftp

but crappy .net is accepted
god damnit bull [censored]

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:28 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 98 SE 4.10.2222B
- LuLu: As I just explained to you in the Warning I just gave you, things not being your way does not justify uncivil behavior (which is against this forum's rules).

---> User Warned.

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:15 am 
FTP Access

Hi mrpijey,

i got your PM

>Thanks for your uploads, but as I stated in the previous PM I need rescan on all the discs and covers, not just one.
basically, i plan to upload 3 software suite before, this one is used for approve testing and it contains only 1 discs

>I also still need the dump logs for the discs, just as stated in the dumping guide.
i think i included the dump log in .rar
http://imgur.com/a/SLhqX

reguards

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:46 am 
Administrator

Yes, for that title. What about the other two titles you sent up?

And I still need better scans for the other titles as well.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:50 am 

Favourite OS
win
How can I upload files?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP application inquiries        Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:05 am 
Administrator

You have the details on the FTP page on this forum.

Top  Profile  WWW