BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 59d, 15h, 23m | CPU: 15% | MEM: 5027MB of 12235MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Did New egg Leak The Windows 10 Release Date?        Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:57 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Neptune/Whistler2419/Linux Mint
i don't know if this is real or bogus? Image

UPDATE: its real http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6832416892

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Did New egg Leak The Windows 10 Release Date?        Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:49 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
NT 5.0 1729
Maybe it's just a placeholder

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Did New egg Leak The Windows 10 Release Date?        Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:41 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 4.0
This is obviously not leaked, because it is an official announcement, for when they will sell it.

Last edited by computebrute on Sun May 31, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Did New egg Leak The Windows 10 Release Date?        Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:31 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Development Release #5
Since when is a random e-shop "official announcement"?

Guess they don't need the windows blog anymore, they can just give the announcements printed out in best buy.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Did New egg Leak The Windows 10 Release Date?        Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:23 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 4.0
jagotu wrote:
Since when is a random e-shop "official announcement"?

Guess they don't need the windows blog anymore, they can just give the announcements printed out in best buy.

It is an announcement for when THEY will have it for sale.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Did New egg Leak The Windows 10 Release Date?        Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:48 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 6.3.9600.16497

Is that thing OFFICIAL from Microsoft?!!!!!! Like seriously, that is the first time that accidental software leak is not removed. But I just can't believe it!

And by the way, Jagotu, NewEgg is a REPUTABLE online electronic retail store, and known for just having good everything.

Google +: okcn .aline
Tom's Hardware : okcnaline
OSBetaArchive: ExplicitNuM5

Last edited by ExplicitNuM5 on Sun May 31, 2015 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Did New egg Leak The Windows 10 Release Date?        Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:33 pm 

Favourite OS
Chicago 73
computebrute wrote:

You're correct. They know Windows 10 will be out by then, Microsoft obviously told them. Not only would they not sell a product the day it's released, Microsoft doesn't tell that info to retailers (especially this early). Plus, Microsoft doesn't even know the exact date. They don't even have a Windows RC yet...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Did New egg Leak The Windows 10 Release Date?        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:50 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.5.8
MicroBetaMan wrote:
computebrute wrote:

You're correct. They know Windows 10 will be out by then, Microsoft obviously told them. Not only would they not sell a product the day it's released, Microsoft doesn't tell that info to retailers (especially this early). Plus, Microsoft doesn't even know the exact date. They don't even have a Windows RC yet...

This post reminded me of Windows Vista's release date hiatus, At first MS claimed it would be released in October 2003 back when it was Pre-Reset Longhorn, But it ended up being released in January 2007, But Windows 10 won't suffer from that since it's not turning out to be a ship-wreck like Longhorn, So Fall of this year would be the latest I'd expect it to be released by.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Did New egg Leak The Windows 10 Release Date?        Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:15 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Fedora Linux
ExplicitNuM5 wrote:

Is that thing OFFICIAL from Microsoft?!!!!!! Like seriously, that is the first time that accidental software leak is not removed. But I just can't believe it!

And by the way, Jagotu, NewEgg is a REPUTABLE online electronic retail store, and known for just having good everything.

I doubt it is official from Microsoft. How will they be able to get them on the first day? Not only that, I think that Microsoft would of let them, considering how it is obviously going to before then. Anyway, it could be wrong. Look at Windows Vista (Longhorn). It was expected to come out at 2003 and it came out 4 years later. I imagine another company like NewEgg said it would be there at 2003, and they were 4 years off *hehe* I won't be surprised if they change it or it is currently incorrect.

Top  Profile