BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 62d, 14h, 12m | CPU: 8% | MEM: 5193MB of 12211MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:36 am 
FTP Access

Bordeaux, sometimes in Paris, France, maybe also in R.W

Favourite OS
What do you mean by Whistler support ? If you mean launching winnt.exe from dos, yes it is already supported in the current version (Since V1) :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:12 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Bad news (and good news):

tc.exe (aka tcopy) cannot be used with NT os/2 for the following reason : It copy the right file attributes (which you would want) but that destroys my fix for the system hive ("Hehe that's how you did it", you don't even need a patched system file :) ) . For the major part, NT OS/2 support is readded.

Edit : And currently implementing a fix for something no one did ever notice on build 297 :P

Edit 2 : Who will spot the fixes ? :cool:

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:14 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Status Update :

I finally finished the NT OS/2 Support, Build 328 was the most complicated one to add because of some memory corruptions related to 4dos, so I needed to rewrite the whole code that was dependent on for /f. I also implemented an Automatic Pentium Patch Applier. You don't have to edit the files yourself thanks the setini program. Jut boot to the floppy disk, choose apply pentium patch and your computer will restart and your good to go.

Let me finish some tests and this build will be released soon.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:12 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
WDPSL V7 Build 19 Pre-release 5 Released at : http://wdpsl.gus33000.site40.net/

What's new ?
Complete NT OS/2 Support 1 2 3
Removed 4DOS dependency.
Added Pentium Patch Auto Applier.
Merged all script in one file.
Removed unused utilities (at this stage) to free up some space.

1. Some builds will need a setup boot disk, I will post a video showing what to do in this case
2. Some builds will need the pentium patch to be applied, I will post a video showing what to do in this case
3. Build 438 is not installable ATM, working on a fix...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:48 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
WDPSL V7 Build 19 Pre-release 6 released at : http://wdpsl.gus33000.site40.net/

What's new ?

Bug fixes.
Featuring all NT OS/2 Working perfectly :) 1 2

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Feature may not work as excepted depending if your hard-drive is larger than 200mb.
2. Build 328 can only be installed on VB, VMware doesn't emulate the correct hard-drive controller.

Edit : I have finally found the way to bypass the need to enter Y at the lock command, support for build 1130.1 is on its way :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:16 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Yes, this time I did it.

After many pre-releases I'm happy to announce that V7 Build 19 Final is finally released <:o)

http://wdpsl.gus33000.site40.net/

Code:
  File: WNTDPSL-v7-19_final.ima
CRC-32: 8c626de1
   MD4: 4455d228da17aee6b326fa05fafd4048
   MD5: 865529b5d2b0f54d32b725dc481b9aca
 SHA-1: 4414200ad5e996ef592fd6a27bdacbed6d84a5b6

Code:
WDPSL V7 Build 19-Final
=======================

Change-log :

Complete rewrite
Added Unfinished Unattended Mode
Reduced loading time
Better setup detection
NEW: NT OS/2 Support
NEW: DOSLFN Support
NEW: CD-ROM with Joilet and/or LFN Support
NEW: Pentium Patch applier
NEW: Auto Direct Disk Access Enabler
NEW: DOSKey Support - Enhanced Command Prompt
NEW: JO.SYS - Auto detection of disk partitions
NEW: Fix for NT OS/2 SDKs

List of loaded drivers :

DOSLFN    - Provide Long file name support to DOS
DOSKey    - Enhance the MS-DOS command Prompt
SHSUCDX33 - Provide CD-ROM Access Support
HIMEM     - Provide Extended Memory Management to DOS
OAKCDROM  - Universal CD-ROM Drive Driver
SMARTDRV  - Drive cache utility, speed up NT Install Process

Limitations :

You can't write protect the boot disk.

Installation Notes :

Read this if you want to install NT OS/2 :
Do not try to install nt on a partition larger than 500mb.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:42 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Coming soon (Yes this is a big teaser :) )
Tip for the ones who don't know what 1198 means : see the recent changes on the BA wiki :)

Edit : More teasers :

(Don't pay too much attention to the server in the setup title...)

EDIT : First to be able to install it :D

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:59 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
More awesomeness :

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:35 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Right now I'm waiting 15 minutes because setup does not apply correct privileges to the administrator account, so I applied the password hack, which need to wait 15 minutes for the command prompt to come up. (15 minutes is the default timing for the logon screen saver to pop up) But Hey it works !

Edit : The installation is however rather complex, you need to install NT 3 times (One time for the previous build, the second for applying the previous build again and the third for applying the 1198 build)

The ISO on the ftp is a modified iso, some files have been replaced with the ones from build 1227, so I removed all of these and placed the files from 1175 without overwriting the 1198 ones. There is a total of 1812 files from the actual build 1198 excluding explorer.exe

Edit 2 : This is the actual list of 1198.1 files :

http://pastebin.com/ZhhvQXhP

Edit 3 : 5 minutes left :) does not work, I'm looking in another way to fix this.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:39 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
This is what I call how to win :) :

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:39 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Important note :
The leaked 1198 iso is not a workstation build, it is a server build (see txtsetup.inf).

I need to finish some things before releasing the installations steps and the fixed iso (removed all files that are not from 1198)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:21 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Uploading clean iso + fix scripts. (ISO Uploaded, Boot disk uploaded) : The upload will be live at https://mega.co.nz/#F!mNYG3AaC!DBNgoHxS-nh4QCzo9Fkqug

In the mean time here are some installation steps :

Quote:
Install Windows NT 4.0 1175 Server inside your favorite visualization software via the winnt.exe /b method (Or use WDPSL).

/!\ Make sure that you don't convert the hard-drive filesystem to NTFS, this is highly important.

After the installation complete reboot your computer into the special WPDSL boot disk included with the iso and mount the cleaned iso.
Choose go to DOS Prompt
Enter "fix1198.bat"
follow the onscreen instructions.

This fix has been brought to you by gus33000

It took me a whole day to figure out how to make the 1198 files working, enjoy the result of this work :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:46 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
The new Task Manager of this build :

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:40 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
New Version incoming : (Released, download at the usual place)

New Bootscreen (animated this time)

New menus and patches

New DOS Prompt info

New Features :

When choosing Automode you will not be prompted to press enter at reboot (jo.sys) and to choose Automode anymore.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:46 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Nice, you got the 1198 frankenbuild to install! I tried it with 1166, 1175 and 1227 but I couldn't install it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:32 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Courage wrote:
Nice, you got the 1198 frankenbuild to install! I tried it with 1166, 1175 and 1227 but I couldn't install it.

Thanks, It was just a matter of deleting the files that shouldn't be in the disc (I'm looking at you ABOUT.TXT(<- You should read it) and your 1227 files) and inspecting with Dependency Walker what core gui components needed the missing 1198 NTOSKrnl. After that the build works fine. I still need to look into a dll which is missing a critical function for the services.exe executable through.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:46 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS

Note: This is a driver which is classed as Abandonware (It is from 2003 and not supported by it's original manufacturer, as such I'm including it) and it is not NTFS4DOS.

Edit : Supported Filesystems by this bootdisk :

FAT16
FAT32
NTFS
CDFS (Joilet, LFN, DOS 8.3)
Ext2FS
Ext3FS

Edit 2 :
It can run Windows even though it runs a DOS Extender
The DOS Extender enable the possibility of loading NT Console Apps which is pretty neat.

Edit 3 : Bad things about it :
Increases the amount of memory needed to run the bootdisk
Need to unmount the drives before rebooting or shutting down
You can't run shutdown.com because of the dos-extender.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:29 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows, OS/2, DOS
Does winver report 1198 or 1175 in your fixed 1198 installation?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:45 pm 
FTP Access

TheCollector1988 wrote:
Considering there's no new NTOSKRNL, it should still say 1175

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:36 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
TheCollector1988 wrote:

It shows 1175.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WDPSL Build 22 Released :

-Added : NTFS Support, Ext2 Support, Ext3 Support (R/W)
-Upx'ed more executables to allow more space for the fsutilities.

(When done writing files to an NTFS/Ext2/Ext3 Partition, change directory to A:\fsutils and run umount.bat)

Download at http://wdpsl.gus33000.site40.net

Offtopic Comment
This release was made and uploaded from build 10036

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:56 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS/2 Wrp 3.0
XCOPY32.MOD etc.

You can get rid of the xcopy32.exe and xcopy.exe, i do this on my http://www.os2fan2.com/tmp/msdos711.dsk

This disk is a largely deversioned copy of the dos from 2222, but we have xcopy.exe reduced to a single file, rather than the two or three that microsoft use.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:27 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Can you re-upload it, since I wasn't at home and I get a 404 not found error. This will be really helpful because the NTFS driver use a lot of space on the disk, and I had to turn the disk into a 2.88MB floppy. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

WDPSL v7 Build 23 Released

-Fixed the unmount of the IFS Driver.
-Added workarounds for people who forget to unmount the driver :) (Like me, shh don't say it...)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:28 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 98 SE 4.10.2222B
Thread move on the original poster's request.

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:45 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
I just finished testing the whole set of NT 4 Beta builds (Including TSE) and they all install correctly with the latest release of WDPSL.
Some might not boot up into txtsetup, look into "Apply Build Specific Patches -> NT 4 Betas Boot Fix" in the main menu of the bootdisk.

Now that NT 3.1 and NT 4 are fully tested, I will start to check all NT 5 builds (And possibly create some automated fixes for them). (Since there are more NT 5 Builds than NT 4 it will take some time).

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WDPSL: Windows Disk Preparer and Setup Launcher        Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:49 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Nashville 4.00.83
This is some awesome stuff. By the way are there any plans to add support for the older DOS-based versions of Windows (1.0x, 2.x, 3.x) to apply fixes for them and install them? If not then I'll try to make my own Windows DPSL packet which includes support for the oldest versions of Windows. Thanks gus33000 for this excellent tool!

Top  Profile
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next