BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 6d, 0h, 12m | CPU: 82% | MEM: 5582MB of 12115MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Has anyone seen this?!!        Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:20 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 2000/macOS Mojave
Has anyone seen this document before? I found it on Google and it has a lot of information that could prove a lot for us. It is a 133 page PDF document with confidential info. Go to page 31 and you will see something that most probably have never seen before. For example NT Asteroid. http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/7000/PX07297.pdf

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZBjxC-IInPrC1dNISF8ZQ

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Has anyone seen this?!!        Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:34 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
It's part of the Comes vs Microsoft antitrust docs.

I personally have seen it before, I know several other BA members have too.

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

If you like my posts, donate me Dogecoin: DLnZV8DS3CaZmLKAVxL2aMijY2vUZeyjBi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Has anyone seen this?!!        Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:36 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
If you want to look at the site I found them on it is antitrust.slated.org I have never seen anything like this. Wow! I found a 3.1 beta blacklist on this site too. This could reveal some leaks we have never heard of.

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZBjxC-IInPrC1dNISF8ZQ

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Has anyone seen this?!!        Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:07 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
gabegriggs1 wrote:
Wow! I found a 3.1 beta blacklist on this site too. This could reveal some leaks we have never heard of.

I believe I saw that when going through all the antitrust docs a while ago to document their contents; something which I never finished.

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

If you like my posts, donate me Dogecoin: DLnZV8DS3CaZmLKAVxL2aMijY2vUZeyjBi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Has anyone seen this?!!        Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:51 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Maybe you should finish it. Tell us what you find. I will look too.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Has anyone seen this?!!        Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:38 pm 

Favourite OS
All.
I found in page 31 the name "NTW5" and I think this means "Windows NT Workstation 5"...
I found too this: "Solar Coaster" (Unix Services for NT)"...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Has anyone seen this?!!        Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:31 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
4015.lab06_n
icjtmc wrote:
I found too this: "Solar Coaster" (Unix Services for NT)"...

Solar Coaster is a known codename for Windows Services for Unix (which should be called Unix Services for Windows ;) )

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/MISC1/BUSsys/WINNT/KB/Q266/7/61.TXT

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Has anyone seen this?!!        Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:36 pm 
FTP Access

From page 31:

Quote:
NT "Triton" in Q4FY01 - Minor release
New hardware support for CY01 holiday

So maybe NT "Triton" could have been an internal beta that was never leaked... But I'm close to believe its demise was the same as Windows Odyssey.

Further reading: http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/985780-windows-triton-was-the-successor-to-neptune/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Has anyone seen this?!!        Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:34 am 

Favourite OS
Ubuntu
Wouldn't it be possible that this pdf was placed there to blame us?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Has anyone seen this?!!        Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:12 am 
Donator

KitsuneSnow wrote:
Wouldn't it be possible that this pdf was placed there to blame us?

No.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Has anyone seen this?!!        Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:38 am 

Favourite OS
Manjaro
These documents look way too official to be faked.

Thoughts:

-I saw a lot about IBM. Was Microsoft paired with them at the time? Were they afraid IBM would take over and make MS go out of business?
-What's the attack strategy about? Why do they need to attack? Who?
-Windows Terminal Client and Server? I have never heard of this before. Definitely something I want to explore if I could.
-This was still the time they were planning on releasing Neptune. They also had a project called Asteroid, something I have never heard of. Definitely want to check that out.
-Microsoft "Triton" was supposed to be an update to Neptune. Supposed to support new hardware. Microsoft really does get ahead of themselves. If I were them, I probably wouldn't plan an update until after the product was released.
-Neptune has "anti-piracy" features. I wonder if those "anti-piracy" features would actually work. We still have pirating now, so it really does make me wonder.
-Asteroid- a service pack for NT5, supposed to have close driver parity with Windows 98. Is this an update for Windows 98, Windows NT5, or it's own project totally different?

I only looked through some of it, and that's what I was thinking when I read some of it. Some of it seems very interesting and I would like to explore more if possible.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Has anyone seen this?!!        Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:00 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Isn't the Windows Terminal Server the current Remote Desktop Services?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Has anyone seen this?!!        Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:32 am 
Donator

Yes it is.

Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Has anyone seen this?!!        Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:47 am 
Donator

Delracman wrote:
-I saw a lot about IBM. Was Microsoft paired with them at the time? Were they afraid IBM would take over and make MS go out of business?
Yeah, they were paired with IBM in the 80's. They eventually broke up. (maybe if the breakup happened later, we could see NT OS/2 final :P)

Delracman wrote:
-What's the attack strategy about? Why do they need to attack? Who?
No idea.

Delracman wrote:
-Windows Terminal Client and Server? I have never heard of this before. Definitely something I want to explore if I could.
As said above, it's the today's RDP.

Delracman wrote:
-This was still the time they were planning on releasing Neptune. They also had a project called Asteroid, something I have never heard of. Definitely want to check that out.
Not only from Neptune planning time. There is even stuff from Windows 3.1 dev. ;)

Delracman wrote:
-Microsoft "Triton" was supposed to be an update to Neptune. Supposed to support new hardware. Microsoft really does get ahead of themselves. If I were them, I probably wouldn't plan an update until after the product was released.
Reminds me from all those Vienna rumours. lol

Delracman wrote:
-Neptune has "anti-piracy" features. I wonder if those "anti-piracy" features would actually work. We still have pirating now, so it really does make me wonder.
I bet that it's WGA from XP.

Delracman wrote:
-Asteroid- a service pack for NT5, supposed to have close driver parity with Windows 98. Is this an update for Windows 98, Windows NT5, or it's own project totally different?
A minor NT release.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Has anyone seen this?!!        Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:48 am 

Favourite OS
Ubuntu
But why would a company that even can programm operating systems place a really important document like this in a non secure area? That doesnt even make sense :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Has anyone seen this?!!        Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:49 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
KitsuneSnow wrote:
But why would a company that even can programm operating systems place a really important document like this in a non secure area? That doesnt even make sense :)

These documents were made public as part of a class action lawsuit. They were legally required to disclose them...

Top  Profile  WWW