BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 20d, 9h, 19m | CPU: 27% | MEM: 5895MB of 11623MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:12 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
Hello, I am a just a guy who likes to mess around with old versions of windows and other old technology, as well as Virtualization and backend server stuff.

Thank you and have a good day.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:32 am 

Hello,

I recently started playing with MS-DOS. I bought some used x86 16-bit assembly language books and they don't have the source code disks that they came with originally. I'm hoping that the members here may be able to help me with these.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:59 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Hello everyone.

I come from China and is interested in prototype devices and beta OSs, especially those of Windows Phone and Windows 10 Mobile ;)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:52 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows Me (3000)
Hi. i'm a PC nerd.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:44 pm 
FTP Access

Hello,
Greetings from Poland. I remember old PC XT times and 8bit times well. :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:53 pm 

Hey ! I've joined BA for many reasons, particularly because I love how OSes have been evolving through their betas.

Now i'll talk more about myself :) I love programming since I'm 8 (especially in JS, C# and Java).

BA is a nice forum and I'll hope I'll be able to talk to some of you ! :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Hi        Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:55 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Hello, I joined because I was interested in the sort of topics this site is about. But... I have 0 posts after 2 days, shouldn't i be banned?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:48 pm 
Administrator

Welcome! We don't ban due to inactivity for 2 days...

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:16 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
IRIX 5.3
Hi, I've long had an interest in old systems and OSes, and I'm hoping to be able to contribute some of my own findings soon.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:42 am 

Hi, I have started to use computer in 1992 (Apple Macintosh) and PC since 1996. I have collected programs (Windows environment) in Arabic and English from 22 years ago till now.

I am interested in old OSes and programs (especially in Arabic as it is not widespread).

Nowadays I am working in computer networks field (virtualization, infrastructure, and cloud computing).

I hope to contribute some of what I collected in this community.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:35 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 98 SE (4.10.2222b)
My name is krabscode. I use this name on forums since it is shorter than the actual name that I use offboards.

I am currently learning the following languages: HTML5, CSS, Inno Setup, VB.net, C#.net, and also some linux scripts.

Languages I have little knowledge of that I put on hold: VB (original which is everything 1-6), Assembly

Languages I want to learn: JS, C++.net, J++.net

I currently own 8 computers. One is a Windows Xp machine from DIT computers (rip), one is a Compaq Armada laptop, 2 RPis (one from 2012 which are pretty rare), a Chromebook with dev mode on, an Asus EeePC (I'm that guy who ran Windows 98 and Windows 10 on the same laptop for those who have seen my yt channel), an Hp Notebook which needs a RAM upgrade, and an Intel NUC (Intel Celeron).

Recently I've taken up recovery aspect of computers. Anybody who want's to talk about boot cds and whatnot I am all ears to your questions/comments.

https://sparrosdeveloperteam.github.io/COS

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:33 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
All Windows versions
I know I've been a member on BetaArchive for a year now, but I guess I could tell a little bit about myself now. I'm one of those people whose interested in computers, software, and other technology. But I also like doing science stuff like chemistry and physics, as well as mathematics, art (drawing or painting) and Rubik's cubing. I also like swimming. That's all there is to say about me, haha :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:23 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Hello,

I've joined because I'm interested in old software and operative systems, especially windows versions, which I like to virtualize.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:19 am 

Favourite OS
Debian 10, 6002, 9600
Hello everyone,
I am just a person who likes to install betas in virtual machines

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:22 pm 

Hello everyone, and sorry to the mods for posting in an ususal thread before this one!

So, I'm a French guy living abroad who never grew past the golden age of demo CDs, of the first game dedicated magazines and TV shows from the times of the democratisation of the PC and of video game in the 90s. I'm still playing Red Alert, Total Annihilation, Aces over Europe, Age of Empires and Tyrian 2000 regularily and hope to discover cool things from this era I could have missed; without the Internet, when you relied only on monthly trips to the nearest city to keep tabs on the video game market, it's easy to have some cool stuff slipping through (I actually started playing AoE AFTER discovering AoE II in a game shop when I was in high school)!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:31 am 
FTP Access

Hello, nice to meet you!
I am a non-English-speaking person, so I may be bothersome but thank you.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:00 pm 

Favourite OS
Amiga OS 3.1
Hello all.
I've discovered this site while searching for obscure or obsolete OS.
I'm still using/playing/breaking, from time to time, old hardware like NeXTstation, Sun computers (SS5, Ultra 80, Blade 100, Cobalt Qube), Amiga (I still code for Amiga) old 68K Macs or strange things like Escala Bull servers.

I also like hybrids machines like Apple's ones : 9600MP with Orange PC card, LC III with Apple II card or 6100 with DOS card.
I'm also collecting and preserving olds home computers with their associated literature and softwares.

And all that junk requires dead/lost/obsolete softwares to keep running. I hope I could contribute to this site with some interresting software.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:38 am 
FTP Access

Hello! I just joined BA today, I've noticed some software I've wanted in the database, so I'm finally trying to be active and look around the community rather than looking at the database and seeing all the software I can't access. The beta software will be super interesting to try out, and I believe the recovery software for my old MacBook might be in here as well. I haven't tried many betas, so hopefully this will be fun, especially if I can find some old hardware to install things on rather than relying on VMs for everything.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:26 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 Build 9600
Hello,

I'm just a guy who loves vintage software & operating systems. I'm also loving installing windows on a virtual machine!

JoshuaMaitland

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:43 pm 
FTP Access

Greetings from the British midlands.

I'm a retro-collector particularly interested in non-console gaming. I worked for a game developer / publisher in 1998-2001 and have access to a fair collection of originals, which I'm interested in seeing properly preserved. Regrettably I don't have a lot of time left for my hobby, but we'll see what can be done. I'm also interested in really old Macintosh and DOS applications, but they are not really my main focus.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:37 pm 

Favourite OS
Hi everyone,

I'm Paul, I am a software developer from Ireland and I'm really excited about this community. I am a big fan of reverse engineering and I am excited to get access to the FTP that I keep hearing about.

-Paul

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:47 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1
Hey, I am a new user here, I hope it will be a nice journey

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:09 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Win7 6801
Hi all! I'm just new user

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:47 pm 

I am a new user. I finally got the search function to work by typing in less specific terms.
The search feature could use an update to be more user friendly, it appeared to be broken. Just saying.

I have a BETA to share of Visual Studio .NET BETA 1.
I am looking to upload VBA SDK 6.2. I have version 6.0 and 6.1, which are apparently missing from the archive.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:35 pm 
Administrator

Welcome to BetaArchive!

The search engine, while still in development, works just fine. You should not need to write an essay trying to find the proper title, the fewer keywords you need to use to find an acceptable result the better. There will be advances in functionality as we add new features and optimize current.

Please use the appropriate forum section and format for contribution offers, thank you.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next