BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 58d, 3h, 43m | CPU: 35% | MEM: 5103MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:45 pm 

Favourite OS
A/UX
Hello. Interested in emulation of old obsolete systems but am unsure why. I am particularly interested in 1980s era Unix systems, maybe because they were beyond my grasp at that time. In particular, anything which can network and connect to the Internet in an even rudimentary form (FTP, Telnet, etc.)

Been using computers since 1983, online since 1984 with BBSes and the like.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:08 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 98SE
Hello. Just discovered the website today. I am (and have been) interested in various computers over my lifetime and still have most of them (Vic-20, C64, Amiga, IIGS, CoCo3, TI99/4A) and have been recently upgrading all of them with more modern ways of loading software and some other neat mods. Then I realized I was missing a big part of my life by not having a DOS/Windows machine from the mid-late 90's so I picked up a Gateway P5-120. I have since upgraded that with a 180MHz OD CPU, CF to IDE for the hard drive replacement, Gotek for floppy images and some more tweaks. The Gateway is what had me searching for legacy Microsoft forums and got me here in the first place :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:20 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn 4074
Hello im from Germany and my first OS was Windows 98 on an IBM PC. My hobbies are Programming and install old Betas on real Hardware.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:57 pm 
FTP Access

Hi, nice to meet you! My interests are embroidery.

Last edited by ghostly on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:18 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Hello everyone.
i'm from South Korea.
my first OS was Windows 95.
My hobbies are soldering.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:00 pm 

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
Hey there! It's Eren Can Tiryaki here from Ordu, Turkey. I am interested in operating systems since a long time. It is pleasure to sign upto this forum. That's all for now, you can ask what would you like to know about me.

GM 5 d cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:16 pm 

Hi.
Toralf Risvik from Norway. I am not a new user of the site, but i have not used it before now.
Starting experience is from C64 and Amstrad is basic. For IBM compatible computers it was MsDOS 5.0.
Currently now working as a It-technitian.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:29 pm 

Favourite OS
Hello from Australia. I have a shed full of old computers running on various old operating systems that I mess around with on the weekends, so naturally I was pretty excited to find this site! :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:34 am 

Hi there! I stumbled across this website and think it is great that you are providing a nice repository here. I'm often nostalgic for old computer hardware and software and find i still enjoy tinkering with DOS after all these years. Glad this place exists!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:37 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows Xp
Hi I’m Fire Bucket, I love software old and new I found this site while watching a YouTube video on an old Mozilla Firefox version for XP. :D I hope to make new friends and learn more about computers.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:32 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
Better late than never. I've used computers my whole life and have an interest in vintage computing and collecting old PC software and hardware; specifically games from the 90s and early 2000s. I currently have over 400 games in my collection.

I also enjoy programming and I'm primarily a Linux guy these days so my interest in anything Windows ends at Windows 7.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:01 am 

Favourite OS
netbsd
Most of my boxen are NetBSD with some Open/Free mixed in.

Strong adherent to the cult of the command line, only installing x11 when a unit lacks a decent high-rez terminal.

Not really into gui's per se, but very interested in the kernels, protocols, etc under the hood.

Always on the lookout for interesting programming tricks and oddball ideas that have been lost to time; often saddened by the lack of variety in the Windows/*nix world we live in.

Cannot help but laugh inside when the latest fad pops up in a long-forgotten memo.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:19 pm 

Favourite OS
Thank you so much for the welcome.
I love to get updated about the technologies as well accounting software.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:00 pm 

Hello! I am a finn working in the field of chemistry, especially with old soft-/hard-ware... I have recently been working with win 3.0 and 95.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:44 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1
Hi !
I'm glad I found this site. I'm currently digging through my old Macintosh software collection from the 90s. Those old medias are slowly rotting away so I do appreciate the preservation efforts.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:47 pm 

Favourite OS
netbsd
Mashed123321 wrote:
Hello! I am a finn working in the field of chemistry, especially with old soft-/hard-ware... I have recently been working with win 3.0 and 95.

May I ask what a chemist would use such old equipment for?

edit:
We have industrisl robots running NT 4 / 95 due to a dependence on ISA control boards.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:15 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 10
I will be the forums on the time whenever I want. So yeah, I am finally back after 1 year ban and will to improve up.
EDIT: remove from me the permabanned banner, also screw the lastest topic. It's me cringy in the past, but now I has improved.

-WhirlSpirit

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:15 pm 

Favourite OS
Hi, i'm new here! I love Computers and Windows Betas. I clearly reinstall my OS every day. *hehe*

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:58 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Dos 6.2
Hello everyone, new around here and always loved testing windows betas and love retro games.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:54 am 

Favourite OS
Ubuntu
Folks,

I just discovered that website by accident when I searched through google for something. My first computer was TI-99/4A Home Computer in early 1980s. Later I had Commodore 64, Commodore 128, Amiga 500, Amiga 1200HD and finally PC clones. I recently entered Mac world since I bought my first MacBook Pro a few years ago.

I have good knowledge of Windows, Linux and Mac OS X operating systems. I am independent software developer for my emulator and flight simulator. I wrote the my first emulator to emulate PDP-10 and VAX architecture and successfully load and ran their native operating system (TOPS-10 and VMS).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:07 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 10
^ welcome and have fun

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:00 pm 

Hello to all!
I'm new here, love beta and old stuff, like almost everybody here *hehe*
The oldest stuff I've worked on was DOS 2.11 and that was a very important event in my life, because I'm IT professional today :)
By the way, Happy New Year to all :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:18 am 

Favourite OS
OSX os9 Win2k WinXP Win7
Hi all,
came here by good advice from Mac Rumors PowerPC forum, when discussion had been about preserving old software.
My history:
- DOS / Win 3.1 / 98 / 2k / XP / 7;
- Mac OS X 10.5 to 10.12 and later back to PowerPC (OS X 10.1-10.5 / then system9)
- PalmOS 3/4/5
- WinMobile6
- iOS
The first time I was sorry about vanishing software, when Palm Inc./Handspring/PalmOS and the universe of unique software disappeared. I guess I'd be a real source for old Apps, but I presume, this is not the right place.
The vanishing WinMobile6 didn't touch me that much (but Morose WMWifiRouter made my one and only WinMo6 device a good Wifi-Tool)
With PowerPC OS X 10.4 and 10.5 it had been good fun and possible to find all the legacy software to make the best of the old PPC-Macs.
Now os9 is kind of a new experience. More difficult to get/recover old stuff.
Same with old Windows-stuff. Got the installation-media and run them as virtual machines, but updates are kind of quirky, since MS completely messed their update&support-pages.
So it's nice to bee here ...
Unfortunately, I have no clue, if donating >10y old non-beta "software" is allowed to be uploaded / uploadet at all / uploaded, if the selling company still exsist, but doesn't sell it anymore...
Cheers ... :beta:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:46 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 10
I'm just gonna leave this due to misinterest to FTP in this site. Bye.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:35 pm 
FTP Access

Hello! I am interested in PC-98 and DOS/V Operating System. My hobby is restoring a broken PC. I'm recently playing with old OS running on emulator.

Top  Profile
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next