BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 33d, 8h, 18m | CPU: 33% | MEM: 5543MB of 8191MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:31 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Any build of Microsoft Chicago
Hi. I am a computer fanatic with a liking for Windows operating systems. As a matter of fact, I even made my own OS (although now it's all screwed up, and it's not because of me). When I first knew about BetaArchive, I was Googling some images of Chicago betas. Could I really get this here? But it's not really easy to get anything you want. That's what I'm going for here.

I'm hoping to use Windows 98, the first OS I ever used, again. I don't remember much, but I do remember the 3D Maze screensaver, among others. I remember using the Internet for the first time (which was back in 2005). I also remember the weird noises the computer made when it was in the booting process. I wish I could see and hear it again.

Kind of weird, but that's me. I'm welcoming myself with my (technically) first post!

Last edited by Betatester on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:30 pm 

Favourite OS
win 98se
Hello from me once again 8=)

I think I had already started some discussions here but now that i have logged in after a long time (must be 1year+) i find my acc to be at 0 posts. Maybe i'm going nuts...

Anyways, this is tremendous work, good job to everyone that helped. Sites like this one and The Internet Archive deserve a lot of respect.

regards

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:07 pm 

Hello, I've just joined now after finding this website through a cancelled game beta link. Anyway, on to introductions, I'm Marcus, from Ireland, I haven't seen much of the website yet, but it looks nice, I hope I can contribute satisfactorily.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:17 am 

Favourite OS
c64
Hello everyone!
I'm a huge retro game fanatic and always play old games with new hardware!
I also love to revisit old PC games and that can be done via the DOS emulator DOSBox which has been ported to almost everything lol.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:32 am 

Favourite OS
Sys 6.0.8
Hey there!

I have an interest in old hardware and software (OS's, games, tools, ect.). I occasionally go out with a friend to find vintage computers. Recently, he got 2 Mac classics, a dysfunctional se/30, and a powermac, and he gave me one of the classics, which works great. I have a computer with a 486 Cyrix CPU, 32 MB 72 simm RAM. I also installed a SB AWE64 for great sound! I installed a DVD drive into it (mistook as a CD only drive since the DVD logo was tiny on it) which happens to work fine with it.

I'm also thinking about making my own game for old hardware. Engine, artwork, and everything else.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:34 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Chicago 58
Hello all my name is Daniel. I have been working with computers for about 16 years now. I like to run windows betas to see the changes involved in the development process.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:31 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
NT 3.51
Hi Everyone.

I'm Mallard. Always been interested in old/obscure software/computers/etc... This looks like a good place to find information, etc...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:35 am 

Favourite OS
Hi all :)

Found these forums through a site I go to regularly and I thought I would sign up. It seems really cool here and seems to have a good reputation.

I am am a fan of Pre-Windows 7 operating systems and I get nostalgic about the Longhorn days. Nothing was cooler when a build would leak or new info would get posted online. To me it seemed like it was going to be the best OS ever from Microsoft, how exactly they ended up with Vista though... I will never understand! :(

I am also a bit of a gamer, mostly PC games on Steam but I don't mind some retro console gaming either.

Thanks for reading.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:19 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Hi all.

My name is Zac. I came across this site and thought this look pretty good. I might give it a go.

So far so good. I have been interested in computers from an early age.

I work in the IT industry now and I really enjoy it. I have enjoyed this site so far and I look forward to contributing to more discussions.

Thanks
Zac

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:53 pm 

I would like to say "Hello!" to everyone in this community.

I have been building my own computers since the age of 12, I have also been coding since the age of 14. Also I like to play Beta games.

I spark an interest in this site when i found CodeWarrior for Mac on here! That program seems to have vanished from the net, and im curious to see what other old programs people here might have! I am going to explore the site for a bit today and you might see me pop up on some topics.

Cheers,
Michael.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:38 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 Pro SP4
Hi, I'm Miles.
I've been working with computers since I was a little boy,
My Dad was a computer engineer for McDonnel Douglas, and I learned everything I knew at the time from him and have since surpassed him in knowledge.

I love working with computers, and I can't wait until I get a job in the industry... instead of the call centre job I have just now...

I look forward to participating in the BetaArchive community :3

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:52 pm 
FTP Access

I am Chase a Computer Engineer from the Charlotte, NC area. I also lived in Brazil for awhile and speak fairly fluent Portuguese.

I have a hobby of collecting Sun MicroSystems hardware. As well as Classic Mac hardware and software for both types of machines. I also have a Tyan Thunder 2 ATX that I run a few older X86 Operating Systems on Such as BeOS 5 Pro on or Win 95 or NT releases. Most of my collection is in need of work at the moment but It will all be running someday :)

I'm between jobs at the moment hunting work so I'm off to mow some grass to pay the bills!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:29 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
Hello and good day to all!

I hail from the UK and I've been a Windows diehard since I got my first PC with Windows 95 back in the Spring of 1996. Of course, though I call myself a 'diehard', I'm not the type to immediately upgrade to the latest fancy iteration for the sake of newness, having stuck with 95, then 98SE, and then XP for longer than I imagine most people would've. I'm now currently on 7 SP1 and have no real motivation to move onto the 8.x series. Ah well!

I promise I won't bite. ;)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:21 am 

Hi ho!
I never knew that there existed communities that did what BA is doing. So I really felt the need to sign up and become a part of it! Will be cool to see if I can contribute in any way.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:43 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1 6.1.7601
Hello everyone!

I'm from Thailand and love to use Abandonware OS, as now I'm using Windows 8.1, but I missed old my first PC at 7 years old that run Windows 98 and game on it, I'm running Windows XP and 98 SE in my VM to play it on (with Virtual PC 2007 for game and VMware Player for general purpose).

First computer I'm playing is 486DX2 running Windows 3.1 and it's great.

Now I'm finding old pc to running Windows 98 on.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:19 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows ME, Windows 7
So nice to see so many intro stories. :) Suppose I should share mine...

I'm Skywatcher. You may know me as MajorSky17 on YouTube. I'm extremely interested in Windows and its development, which you probably will have gathered if you've watched my videos. :P

My first encounter with Windows was our first family PC which we got in 1999 that ran Windows 98SE. I "upgraded" it to Windows 2000 eventually (and briefly) until it died. Then we got a new PC that ran XP in around 2003. The first PC that was solely mine was an XP Media Center Edition laptop from 2006 that came with the Vista upgrade. And MAN I loved Vista. Soon after I got a Vista desktop PC as well.

Ever since Windows 7 development I would constantly upgrade, leaked build after leaked build, my desktop PC until RTM. When I say I loved Vista, I REALLY loved 7. <3

And so here I am today, reluctantly running Windows 8.1, which I find a marginal improvement over Windows 8, which was a huge disappointment to me as a Windows lover. I saw it as having so much potential if executed correctly - it's a shame that, in my opinion, it wasn't. Currently I'm hoping for a resolution with 8.1 Update 2/8.2/9 or whatever is next for Windows. I'm not giving up on it yet. :)

The Windows On Windows® forum and Discord are dedicated to the Windows family of OSes.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:35 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Chicago 4.00.73g
Hello everyone! It would be nice for me to visit a community where people talk about betas and abandonware, so I joined this forum.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:49 pm 

Favourite OS
Neptune 5111 or Longhorn 4008
Hi, I'm Mr K. I shared some pictures and specs of an old laptop with you guys a few years back, but I don't recall introducing myself properly.

My real name is Declan, I live in Canberra, Australia. I was reasonably active in the beta scene from about 2002 to 2006ish and went by a couple of different internet handles. I was crazy about Longhorn development and managed to get some builds despite having terrible internet back then! I also played around with a number of older Windows betas. Neptune 5111 is a real stand-out, as is Longhorn 4008 (I love Plex for some reason!?).

Nowadays I get curious about betas from time to time, and still have a healthy if not always active interest in abandonware and old computers. I can't promise to become super-active on these forums, but I'll try to jump in if I have something moderately interesting to say. I'll check out the archive if it becomes available to me but I'm not hell-bent on getting access.

Cheers,
Mr K

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:10 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64
Hi everyone !
My name is Matt, I'm a frenchie :)
I've always grew up with computers and I first knew about BetaArchive when I was Googling for the almighty Whistler 2410 !
I've participate in the beta test of Windows 7, which was one of the greatest experience of my life so far ;)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:48 pm 

Hello everybody,

My name is remax.

Like the guy above i'm a frenchman too and been into computing since nearly 30 years and my first PC was a 8086 ! (but it was really on the late... One of these infamous low cost Amstrads).

I hope contributing as much as i can to this forum

See you later.

remax

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:49 pm 
FTP Access

Hello,
I am Wittyusernamehere!
I have a severely limited background in computers but like learning about them
And found this website & thought it would be the perfect place to learn about the evolution of the systems & programs I use everyday

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:08 pm 

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
Hello everyone! My name is skyrocket and I'm glad to be a part of the forum. My love of beta operating systems started with the public release of a beta build of Vista. I was so excited to run and test the operating system back in the day. Currently playing around with Longhorn Build 4093 and loving it!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:04 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 98
Hi everyone. I am Nashville. I choosed this username because of Windows 96 (Codename ''Nashville'').

I knew for this website before I joined, but now I am here. My favorite Windows Operating systems are Windows 98 SE, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows XP.

Cheers,
Nashville.

1. Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2000 SP4 (aka SP1a)
2. Microsoft BackOffice Server 4.0 (not SBS, ISO set on FTP have corrupted header)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:52 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
I joined several days ago, I have always been a computer guy. I've spent most of childhood with Windows 98, even after EOL. Although I have gone to more (relatively) newer tech, I still have an old PII/III computer for nostalgia. The first OS I used is Windows 95. I have a strong hate against Internet Explorer and the "Modern UI".

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: New member introductions        Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:02 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 - Build:7601
Hello BetaArchive.

I happened to stumble upon this site while looking up released betas for a game. I had no idea such a repository existed. I love the work all of you are putting into this. The site is definitely a great tool for any classic hardcore gamer. I am not too hardcore, and I don't get much opportunity to play videogames because I have to work and pay for school. Soon however, I will have more time on my hands and hope I can contribute something to this wonderful site. It's great to be here.

~JayNay~

Top  Profile
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next