BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 18d, 16h, 52m | CPU: 26% | MEM: 5402MB of 11804MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Official Microsoft Releases Information! Update: 21/08/2013        Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:36 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Haiku OS
Hi.

The recent need for me to find an untouched Windows XP Pro SP3 iso in my native language has developed into a new project of mine, which is, trying to get / make an archive of the releases that Microsoft released to the public for every OS (for now. Might add Office and Development Suites later on...), so that when people download something they can be SURE they have the legit thing.

At first I'm also only going after the English versions, with the possibility of adding other languages later on if I have the time and help from other people (as I barely know English and Portuguese).

At first I aimed at doing a nice little (!) topic with the info, but that soon came to be troublesome, so I made a XLSX spreadsheet instead which is currently hosted at Google Docs. You can either just view it (looks horrible there due to size, have to take a look at it) or preferably download it as well from there.

Current Version wrote:
New Version 28/07/2013 2.0: Click Here!

Current Status wrote:

Windows 3.0x is finally being sorted (I hope!)
Windows 3.1x is on the table ATM, will upload a updated .xlsx soon...

If you feel you can add substantially more info to it, PM or shoot me an email xeon4d at google's email service.com
If you just have a tiny correction or addition PM/Email me as well and I'll add credit.
Any ideas and suggestions are very welcome!

Keep an eye on this post for future updates.

Last edited by Xeon3D on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:52 am, edited 10 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:27 am 
Administrator

Well, WinXP is still available on MSDN so finding an untouched version of it shouldn't be hard. I also archived all the WinXP releases on MSDN for future release. It's the earlier ones you mention in your list that got removed, including tons and tons of MS-DOS releases (which are also incredibly hard to find today).

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:04 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Well do the FTP have MS-DOS? I have several releases from 1.0 to 6.22. If the FTP doesn't have it, I can upload it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:20 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 1.0-8.1 (All systems)
Terra854, for MS-DOS, I have every version from 1.12 to 7.1. If you need it, I can upload all *.img disks in one zip file by releases. :)

Computer addict, Web Designer and Advanced Programmer.

Last edited by George_528 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:26 am 
Donator

George_528 wrote:
Terra854, for MS-DOS, I have every version from 1.0 to 7.1. If you need it, I can upload all *.img disks in one zip file by releases. :)

Just to correct you, MS-DOS releases are 1.12 - 6.22. The other ones are branded as PC-DOS. And, MS-DOS 7.1 you have is an unofficial hack-job of Windows 98 DOS, rebranded to MS-DOS 7.1, and with a batch file setup; the official versions are bundled with Windows 9x.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:57 am 
Donator

There are COMPAQ MS-DOS 1.10 and 1.11 as well (but we don't have them yet)... Possibly other OEM releases as well.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:32 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Terra854 wrote:
Well do the FTP have MS-DOS? I have several releases from 1.0 to 6.22. If the FTP doesn't have it, I can upload it.

Why don't you check for yourself, you have access... 8-)

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:39 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Rob Jansen wrote:
Terra854 wrote:

Why don't you check for yourself, you have access... 8-)

Unfortunately i got 530(as all of you knew from my earlier posts).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:59 pm 
Administrator

We do have tons of MS-DOS releases, but in our case (and most likely yours) it's not a matter of if we have the release, it's more about if it's authentic and not modified (IHC corruption, custom files, warez dump etc).

But you're more than free to put them all online and we can compare and see, you might have something we don't.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:35 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Haiku OS
Well for Windows XP it's just that SR2 Checked build that was taken offlline. I have no need for others.
But what I'm really looking for is for Info regarding the other releases (Checksums, Filenames and hopefully proper/untouched files/releases).

I'm gonna edit the 1st post with what I got already... :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:25 am 
Administrator

Well, anything that we don't have and is authentic would be appreciated :).

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:20 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Haiku OS
Hey.

What I currently have (in terms of info and files) is reflected on the 1st post. I'm all up for sharing the goods, but that will take me a bit since I'd have to download and identify the releases on the FTP Server by means of SHA-1 summing the uncompressed files.

What I could really use is some info about the MSDN releases similar to what I've obtained from the sources posted on the 1st post.
I have no idea where people got the info about the size, filename and checksums regarding these old builds as MSDN sadly doesn't even list that info for those releases anymore. So what I was asking was, that if someone has the information regarding the files or the files themselves and can provide the info, I'd properly tag and upload them to the server and in the process, make my collection complete.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:00 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Haiku OS
So... I guess there's no interest in having proper original releases?

Most of the Windows 95 images on BA's FTP Server are not original for example...

Addition:

Moved the info to a google docs spreadsheet and updated the 1st topic accordingly

Can I ask a mod/admin to clean the thread of the chatty posts which to be honest do not contribute the tiniest bit to the thread's topic?

Mr.Pijey could you please do a md5sum, sha1 and tell me the label of each windows xp image you got (English only)?

New update: 28/07/2013

* Added information about all Windows 1.x versions.
* Sources are BetaArchive's Releases since there's not much info elsewhere about the

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Official Microsoft Releases Information! Update: 28/07/2        Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:24 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 1.0-8.1 (All systems)
Xeon3D wrote:
New update: 28/07/2013

* Added information about all Windows 1.x versions.
* Sources are BetaArchive's Releases since there's not much info elsewhere about them.

I appreciate your work on this checklist. (B)

Computer addict, Web Designer and Advanced Programmer.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Official Microsoft Releases Information! Update: 28/07/2        Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:56 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Haiku OS
Thanks George_528!

I took the liberty of downloading preety much every English Retail version of every Windows version up to and including Windows 2000 from the server. I've been checking releases on the FTP Server and I have inspected them for mistakes and corrected some (misnamed, dupes, quicktypedfilenames-likethis.img,unknown releases). I've also extracted as much info as I could for everything Windows 1.xx and 2.xx related (remember non-beta!) since there's not much info that allows us to properly identify those releases due to their age, I decided using BA's files as the "originals".

My plan is to finish everything up (to Windows 2000) in a couple of months (yes, this is tiring tbh). But right now you can get a taste of it. Just click the link in the 1st Post to get the 2nd update of the day. XP will eventually be added when it gets added to BA's FTP Server.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Official Microsoft Releases Information! Update: 28/07/2        Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:51 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Haiku OS
Just an update.

Most people thought (here and on another forum) that I was gonna give this up after a few weeks... And unfortunately I have some news for you guys... Guess what?

I'm NOT! :D

(we should have a /spoiler tag!!) :P

I lost a LOT of time due to BA not having a proper retail release of Windows 3.00 (not 3.00a), and according to the latest info, we're going to get recently redumped images from original disks soon.

Meanwhile, I'm going to start on Windows 3.1x and hopefully it'll be a lot better than what 3.0x was.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:28 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Chicago 34 (wish it was leaked)
DeFacto wrote:
There are COMPAQ MS-DOS 1.10 and 1.11 as well (but we don't have them yet)... Possibly other OEM releases as well.

Danooct1 has 1.11:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:26 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Vista
mrpijey wrote:
Well, WinXP is still available on MSDN so finding an untouched version of it shouldn't be hard.

OEM versions are very hard to find.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:22 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Haiku OS
kinokijuf wrote:
mrpijey wrote:
Well, WinXP is still available on MSDN so finding an untouched version of it shouldn't be hard.

I'll only take OEM Versions in case there isn't a retail edition of it (as is the case with OSR1,2 et all)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Official Microsoft Releases Information! Update: 21/08/2        Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:09 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
windows 7
I need for me to find an untouched windows 1.X-2.X images of diskette. Xeon3D, what do you think, your images is original? I am perplexed various dates within the image. This is possible in the original image?

3. Delphi 3.X, 5.X, 6.X Enterprise (Professional)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:26 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Vista
Xeon3D wrote:
kinokijuf wrote:
mrpijey wrote:

I'll only take OEM Versions in case there isn't a retail edition of it (as is the case with OSR1,2 et all)

OEM and FPP versions of XP accept different product key ranges.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:42 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Haiku OS
kinokijuf wrote:

And? I'm not going to provide keys. And I'd guess if you don't really have a key or the key you have is a different type it won't be of much trouble to get a new key, either from ebay and similar sites or a more illegal way...

Also, I very much doubt Microsoft will come after you because you're "pirating" Windows 3.1 :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:10 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Vista
Xeon3D wrote:
kinokijuf wrote:

And? I'm not going to provide keys. And I'd guess if you don't really have a key or the key you have is a different type it won't be of much trouble to get a new key, either from ebay and similar sites or a more illegal way...

Also, I very much doubt Microsoft will come after you because you're "pirating" Windows 3.1 :P

What? I said that if you need an OEM disc for your OEM key, it may be hard to find one in your preferred language (Tip: Search by disc label ;) )

Not sure what Windows 3.1 has to do with it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Removed Releases from MSDN        Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:43 am 
FTP Access

kinokijuf wrote:

If you are talking about XP OEM, then that is not quite true. Every single one is out there except Microsoft Windows XP SP2C Pro OEM.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Official Microsoft Releases Information! Update: 21/08/2        Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:21 pm 
Donator

I have like 6 XP home OEM disks somewhere :P in finnish too

Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Top  Profile