BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 2d, 8h, 9m | CPU: 27% | MEM: 4257MB of 10347MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Favourite version of MS Office
Microsoft Office 4.x 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Microsoft Office 95 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Microsoft Office 97 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Microsoft Office 2000 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Microsoft Office XP 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Microsoft Office 2003 29%  29%  [ 12 ]
Microsoft Office 2007 36%  36%  [ 15 ]
I don`t use MS Office 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 42
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:13 pm 
Donator

I, in another thread wrote:
I grew up with Office 97 and Office 2000. Office 97 was from my dad's work. Once the hard drive for the computer fried, we didn't have Office. So we used OpenOffice for 6 months. It was okay for those 6 months, but I kept bugging my dad to get Office back. Eventually once we bought our XP computer, he bought Office 2003 with it.

Back in that time, we still used Windows 98 much more than Windows XP. Therefore, my dad got a copy of Office XP from his brother. Since I've used both of those versions, I see many corrections in Office 2003 over Office XP which is why my vote goes to Office 2003. However, Office XP doesn't hog as much memory with all these new graphics like Office 2003 does and Office XP has compatibility for older operating systems like Windows 98. My mum bought Office 2007. It seems to be for newbies in Office as they left out many advanced features. Also, since I've had much more experience with Office XP and Office 2003 having actual menus and advanced features, Office 2007 just doesn't seem to do it all for me. Also since Office 2007 requires Activation (Office 2003 does too), my mum won't let me uninstall Office 2007 and replace it with Office XP because it will waste her money so I use Office XP in a Virtual Machine and do all my "advanced" office work on there.

Wow that was a lot to type.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:07 pm 
FTP Access

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
It was just the way he said that, it suggested to me that he didn't think it was good enough to be worth even $20.

I'll rephrase that.
It is certainly worth more then $20
I was simply pointing that to get office legally you generally still have to pay, where as openoffice is generally free, though IMHO it is probably also worth over $20

If you're havin' IE problems, I feel bad for you, son - I got 99 problems but a browser ain't one. - DJ Danger Mime

include email

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:19 am 
FTP Access

i think Office 2007 is the best ive used. Easier to follow, not that big of a memory hog on my computer, runs smoothly. I love the new Ribbon interface.

Top  Profile