BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 0d, 16h, 38m | CPU: 22% | MEM: 4137MB of 10215MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Some OS downloads        Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:25 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
I've got a couple of OS files on my website, hopefully with some more to come soon, like Windows 2, 3, 3.1, etc...

I can imagine that most of everybody here either already has most of these files or can get them easily enough, however, I have tried to put a couple of curiosities there, for example, the Chicago 73 boot logo, and a Chicago 122 boot disk (which is a curiosity because it shows the graphical logo as it boots, even though it has not GUI).

I've got Chicago 58 on there, along with things like Windows 1.01 and MS-DOS 3.21, and the original Linux 0.99 thing. Also, in case anyone either has an old PPC-512/640 lying around, or just wants a laugh, my 720K Windows 1 bootable's there (Windows 1 does look rather good on a PPC-512's screen - it looks at home). Please have a look, and please tell me if anything there's wrong (I'm aware that the Chicago 58s.zip file does not work, which is why the VHD file's there. I want to make an ISO file, test it, and then put that there instead of the zip file. ). Thanks.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:26 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
Windows 1.0? You mean Windows 1.01 right?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:23 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
Nope, haha, look at the page. I've just updated it a little, so it should be a little clearer what everything is. But both are there. After a fashion.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:23 am 
FTP Access

The Distractor wrote:
Windows 1.0? You mean Windows 1.01 right?

Yeah, what happened to whats-his-name releasing the actual copy of windows 1.0? :x

Chicago 58s was the first beta I collected. Brings back so many memories. <3

Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:51 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
I searched for weeks for MSBob, then I found OSBA... Brings back memories.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Some OS downloads        Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:25 am 
FTP Access

marktuson wrote:
Also, in case anyone either has an old PPC-512/640 lying around, or just wants a laugh, my 720K Windows 1 bootable's there (Windows 1 does look rather good on a PPC-512's screen - it looks at home).

...I miss my PPC512... :(

*sob* *sob*

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:48 am 
I remember looking for OS betas, specifically Windows 95 and I found OSBA! Boy was I excited :)

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:56 am 
FTP Access

Yes, I think Chicago and Longhorn were the first ones I looked for too - I looked for Longhorn for literally months and eventually got 5048 off a torrent a few days after it was released at WinHEC '05 (I'd tried getting 4074 previously but all the torrents seemed dead, I guess because it was an old build by the time I was looking for it and everyone who wanted it had got it long ago) - this was long before I discovered OSBA :P There was just something I found very intriguing about Chicago, which is why that's the other one that I was after, especially after I'd seen screenshots of 58s and how it is so different to the final 95 and is like a cross between 3.1 and 95

Top  Profile