BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 22d, 9h, 27m | CPU: 18% | MEM: 5531MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: AmigaOS and MorphOS betas        Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:26 pm 
FTP Access

Are there any available to download? And is there any way to virtualize them on PC? I've never seen those OSes in other way than screenshots and really want to try them. I suppose many other members of BA society would try them too :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: AmigaOS and MorphOS betas        Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:22 am 
Administrator

If you find any send them up and I'll add them to BA. I might have some betas, but they are quite rare.

The AmigaOS betas can most likely be used in an emulator such as WinUAE, I don't know anything about MorphOS tho.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: AmigaOS and MorphOS betas        Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:13 am 
FTP Access

OK, I didn't find any betas of them, but I found AmigaOS 3.5 Final. It was released in 1999. May it be included to Abandonware? OS X 10.2, released 3 years later is included, so I believe that AmigaOS 3.5 may be either.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: AmigaOS and MorphOS betas        Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:18 am 
Administrator

Yeah, I'll add both AmigaOS 3.5 and 3.9 to the mix since both are abandoned OS:es.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: AmigaOS and MorphOS betas        Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:45 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 Professional SP4
When I tried AmigaOS 3.9 I used WinUAE and emulated an Amiga 1200.

But installing it was really difficult: I had to install AmigaOS 3.1 using ADF images, and later uncompress setup files in a folder in Windows, mount that folder as a disk drive in WinUAE and finally run the setup program.
Moreover I was unable to emulate my CD-ROM drive.

Anyway AmigaOS is a nice OS.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: AmigaOS and MorphOS betas        Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:19 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
AmigaOS3.9
Never come across much beta ware for the AmigaOS.... Only got the 1.4 Beta AFAIK. Unfortunately, C= and those who has later screwed the Amiga never leaked a beta of anything :(

However, to mount the CD of AOS3.9, there's a couple of things you'll have to tweak.... or, simply just tick "mount all PC drives at start" under the HD twab... make SURE the AOS3.5/3.9 CD is in the drive before clicking start in WinUAE. This'll mount the CD as a readonly HD with the correct name forthe installation. (and you could've gotten away with NOT installing 3.1 in the first palce then ;) )

I'm sorry I'm late with all this info.... I've recently turned away from the Redmond-virus and gone freeware GNU OS instead... and I don't understand whay I've not done this before, to be honest :lol

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: AmigaOS and MorphOS betas        Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:13 am 
If you're really into Amiga stuff (and chances are you probably already know this then) I recommend Amiga Forever. You can legally purchase a package which legally contains roms, workbench, and games/demos. Great deal.

Amiga Forever Website