BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 24d, 16h, 58m | CPU: 2% | MEM: 6110MB of 11152MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Is this video real?        Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:53 am 
FTP Access

I was just watchin some videos on youtube and found this video with some really nice windows effects.Besides the dancing girls the video displayed a lot of cool graphical effects I was wondering if this video was real if so could someone please name the applications used or tell me how to get such effects
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6YRSiDu ... h_response

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Is this video real?        Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:47 pm 
the screen switching is done with CubeDesktop

Code:
http://www.cubedesktop.com/

I can't figure out what is the software used to make the icons in desktop to act like cubes and is thrown here and there. There is an application for making the desktop 3d. May be that one. I am not sure and I forgot its name too. And regarding the dancers, i don't think its MP3 dancer or Microsoft Plus. I searched in google and found only one more virtual dancer software available. That was VirtuaGirl HD. May be that one.

PostPost subject: Re: Is this video real?        Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:00 pm 
Donator

I expect it would be, although I haven't seen the software used. Very neat though, I'd like to know if the windows sliding towards and far away are live previews or bitmap static previews of the window?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Is this video real?        Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:01 pm 
Donator

I can't watch the video because my bandwith has been shaped, but based on what you've described...
http://bumptop.com/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Is this video real?        Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:26 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Lupus Project
mtate2 also.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Is this video real?        Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:43 pm 
Donator

window tilting and fading is the free program madotate, the desktop is one of the many cube desktops worse than bumptop, dont worry those all suck (*even bumptop really) and the girls are probably from that [censored] ad on the internet.

im surprised for a customization video they really didnt use much...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Is this video real?        Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:21 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4015.lab06
Hehe, i remember looking at bumptop like years ago. Still hasn't come out of beta
Does anyone here have a beta of bumptop?

Ps. Compiz-Fusion ftw!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Is this video real?        Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:41 pm 
Donator

Dr Eggman wrote:
Does anyone here have a beta of bumptop?

A while back I got the e-mail saying I'd been accepted into the Bumptop Beta program, I just dumped it into one of my e-mail storage folders, might check it out, see if I can't upload somthing somewhere.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Is this video real?        Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:05 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Latest beta: Link (Beta 17, Revision 2100)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Is this video real?        Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:53 am 
Donator

Daniel wrote:
Latest beta: Link (Beta 17, Revision 2100)

doesn't do crap if you dont have a code though.

i used to have a topic for pm me if you want a bumptop beta code but if you really want to get it submit your email (preferably via a macro) over and over say a few hundred times and they send you a link within an hour (i waited a year before trying this) and no you only get one link.

Top  Profile