BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 57d, 20h, 28m | CPU: 22% | MEM: 6187MB of 11041MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Hybrid OS        Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:07 am 
Hybrid OS has been worked on and took some time ago, Mixed with some of Microsofts better OSes into Hybrid Windows. Hybrid OS is a Universal Ghost image of Windows 2003 sp2 with hotfixes till april 07, Media Center Edition and Tablet PC Edition. Hybrid OS has been tweaked to use as little resources as possible while still allowing you the extras of Media Center and Tablet PC. This OS uses about 90mb of ram. Regtweaks have been applied to allow Media Center playback without a supported video card.

I got this off of a torrent site which I believe the torrent is dead now, But I could upload it to a file sharing server if anybody wants..

All of the above and the actual OS is Credited to its creator: Geo411m

Last edited by n1nj4Lo on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:15 am 
Donator

I think this might be considered warez...
Is it cracked, or would you need a legitimate serial key to use it?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:19 am 
jabster wrote:
I think this might be considered warez...
Is it cracked, or would you need a legitimate serial key to use it?
I don't believe it's cracked although I never asked the creator when he had it up and was answering questions before he up and stopped talking about it...

It is a norton ghost image of a backup file, But when I went to download Microsoft software that needed to validate and pass the wga it did pass... Although I think you might be correct on it being a warez os... Never thought of considering that since it was jus a custom built os of 3 Microsoft OS's..

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:49 am 
Permanently Banned

Yes, like all custom windows OS'es that are distrubuted this is indeed warez!

Last I checked, they owned the copyright on the code, and it's based on currently supported software. As it's a ghost image it simply copies over his hard disk image to yours, and assuming it's an XP Pro key it's licensed for 2 physical processors, which means it's voliating the license, which means, that it is, indeed warez.

(Oh and if it's a VLK key it's voliating the license in it's own way)

ADD: I can't speak for microsoft but when i see bullcrap like this floating around the internet, it usually involves me getting something much much more effective than the clue by four.

Another ADD: sadly I couldn't xss that [censored] :(

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Hybrid OS        Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:30 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
I remember seeing this on a torrent site a long time ago, but I never downloaded or anything, good luck finding it as this was over 3 years ago since I've seen it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:11 pm 
FTP Access

I remember seeing something floating about on the internet about ''Windows XP Ultimate edition''. and that was XP with a Vista style, sidebar, Media Centre, and lots of third-party apps you would normally have to pay for.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:16 pm 
FTP Access

squidward_ wrote:
I remember seeing something floating about on the internet about ''Windows XP Ultimate edition''. and that was XP with a Vista style, sidebar, Media Centre, and lots of third-party apps you would normally have to pay for.

I saw something like that in my school here, the Philippines. However, it's a CD and it's called "Windows XP Vista UWI Edition". What's really funny is that it's for sale here for only 100 pesos ($2).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:50 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
Emir214 wrote:
squidward_ wrote:

I saw something like that in my school here, the Philippines. However, it's a CD and it's called "Windows XP Vista UWI Edition". What's really funny is that it's for sale here for only 100 pesos ($2).

I actually bought a CD similar to that in Mexico, it had alcohol 120 and all sorts of warez on it, I never used it because I tried once and the AV I installed freaked out and activation was bad anyway.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:07 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
This is warez, as Zim said.

Plus stealing Microsoft's [censored] and saying its yours, not cool.

Topic closed?

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]