BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 9d, 4h, 20m | CPU: 54% | MEM: 2922MB of 8095MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows Media Player 11        Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:08 pm 
FTP Access

I have just been thinking of something, (and I sure do hope nobody else has thought of this already). Whatif I could get Windows Media Player 11 working on Build 3718 of Longhorn, like people have got it working on Build 4074 of Longhorn, and edit the resources in wmploc.dll so that it has a more plex like style, and the back and forward navigate buttons are like in that special explorer toolbar in the protoplex project. If this hasn't already been thought of and done, please can somebody tell me if it is possible to do this and if it is, could somebody help me, please? Thankyou!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:10 pm 
Donator

You should probably stop asking these sort of questions, you'll just get the same responses you've been getting on Joejoe.
Longhorn is what it is, thats it.

EDIT:
And another thing, its not that you want to try and resurrect a dead OS that bugs me, or even that you are trying to use it as a main OS, what gets me is that you post things like this, saying I want to do "whatever" , is it possible to do "whatever", how can I do "whatever". Ever try just posting somthing like "Hey everybody, how about we all try to "whatever"
Community projects put people in a great mood, coming into forums and expecting other people to do work for you puts them in a bad mood, and generates a feeling of hostility.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:51 pm 
FTP Access

:( Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. From now on I will say ''Why don't WE''. But seriously, no matter what Windows version I put Windows Media Player 11 on, be it XP or Longhorn, would it be possible for any of us to change the resources in the wmploc.dll file so it looks different very easy?

Top  Profile  WWW