BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 0d, 8h, 7m | CPU: 35% | MEM: 2369MB of 3605MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Black royale and royale theme for windows xp        Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:40 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune & Longhorn
skatter tech wrote:
Tried of the boring old Windows XP theme? Want something new? You can now make any Windows XP Home or Pro machine look like the Windows Media Center Edition’s glossy theme. (called “Royale”) Microsoft has created a small shell file extension. The download and installation files are only about 2mb. The theme may take up slightly more memory than the standard XP theme, but is probably un-noticeable.

You can download the themes here: http://www.missingbytes.net/freeware/index.php?dir=WinXP%20Themes

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:29 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
Wow, I didn't know the Royale theme was exclusive to Windows XP MCE 2005. Do you by any chance have the Energy Blue theme that's exclusive for Windows Pen and Tablet Edition 2005?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:41 pm 
Donator

It's not really exclusive to MCE 2005. It just only came with MCE 2005. You can still make it run on any other system by copying the theme files from a MCE 2005 computer to a different XP computer.

If I remember correctly, the Royale Noir (the black version) theme had been developed but never got released in any OS. Then someone came along and leaked it. There's also something called Royale Noir Zune which is just like Royale Noir but with a few UI colour changes.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:48 am 
FTP Access

mdogg wrote:
If I remember correctly, the Royale Noir (the black version) theme had been developed but never got released in any OS. Then someone came along and leaked it. There's also something called Royale Noir Zune which is just like Royale Noir but with a few UI colour changes.

Yep, a couple of years ago a guy named oddbasket took the Noir/Zune flavors, fixed and finished them and packed all three into one called "Royale Remixed".

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:06 am 
Donator

the black version is much like the zune one except doesn't have the orange parts

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:18 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune & Longhorn
Thlump wrote:
Wow, I didn't know the Royale theme was exclusive to Windows XP MCE 2005. Do you by any chance have the Energy Blue theme that's exclusive for Windows Pen and Tablet Edition 2005?

To me looks like the royal theme and the energy blue theme the same.

Top  Profile