Help with customising XP

Discussions about *nix and Other Operating Systems should go in this forum.
tushar_verma_333
FTP Access

Help with customising XP

Post by tushar_verma_333 »

I have recently downloaded countless xp to longhorn modification files
which all consist of .dll and .exe files now im new to all these modifications so could someone explain to me how to use this stuff
i mostly need the longhoen windows explorer in XP with all those changing colours etc is that possible please explain

mdogg
Donator

Post by mdogg »

I'm not sure about the Longhorn explorer, but if you want the Longhorn interface, you can simply crack your Uxtheme and install the Longhorn themes.

Smartie77
FTP Access

Re: Help with customising XP

Post by Smartie77 »

tushar_verma_333 wrote:I have recently downloaded countless xp to longhorn modification files
which all consist of .dll and .exe files now im new to all these modifications so could someone explain to me how to use this stuff
i mostly need the longhoen windows explorer in XP with all those changing colours etc is that possible please explain
you cannot run the explorer.exe from Longhorn on xp, because it is a dotnet empowered explorer ( the sidebar is a pure .NET/Avalon technologie ) which relies on special builds of the .NET framework and the WinFS service available on that OS - and these builds are built in the Longhorn OS, specific frameworks for each specific build of the OS ( explorer.exe of Longhorn 4051 wont run on 4074 and so on ) , they are not portable to other OS, and so is WinFS also not available ( the XP beta WinFS is incompatible with the Longhorn variant ).

to make it short and not so technical :

Longhorns Explorer.exe is a End-Users frontend for WinFS and a showcase of what .NET could do..

because all these features were dropped before even Beta 1 and chenaged every few months you cannot get it to work in XP, no way.

you can only skin the xp explorer, like one said here. Or you use LH

al3xw
FTP Access

Post by al3xw »

Try Buying Windows Blinds & Applying a theme called Jadaero 1.4 http://flahorn.deviantart.com/art/Jadaero-1-4-56867320

or if ya dont wanna spend any money patch your uxtheme.dll & Get this Pack Here [url]http://-kol.deviantart.com/art/Longhorn-4074-VS-v2-0-9380004[/url]

but tbh, install longhorn. nothing on xp will 100% replicate its look