BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 50d, 6h, 9m | CPU: 16% | MEM: 6188MB of 11089MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Help with customising XP        Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:12 pm 
FTP Access

I have recently downloaded countless xp to longhorn modification files
which all consist of .dll and .exe files now im new to all these modifications so could someone explain to me how to use this stuff
i mostly need the longhoen windows explorer in XP with all those changing colours etc is that possible please explain

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:03 pm 
Donator

I'm not sure about the Longhorn explorer, but if you want the Longhorn interface, you can simply crack your Uxtheme and install the Longhorn themes.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Help with customising XP        Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:07 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
modern NT and Unix
tushar_verma_333 wrote:
I have recently downloaded countless xp to longhorn modification files
which all consist of .dll and .exe files now im new to all these modifications so could someone explain to me how to use this stuff
i mostly need the longhoen windows explorer in XP with all those changing colours etc is that possible please explain

you cannot run the explorer.exe from Longhorn on xp, because it is a dotnet empowered explorer ( the sidebar is a pure .NET/Avalon technologie ) which relies on special builds of the .NET framework and the WinFS service available on that OS - and these builds are built in the Longhorn OS, specific frameworks for each specific build of the OS ( explorer.exe of Longhorn 4051 wont run on 4074 and so on ) , they are not portable to other OS, and so is WinFS also not available ( the XP beta WinFS is incompatible with the Longhorn variant ).

to make it short and not so technical :

Longhorns Explorer.exe is a End-Users frontend for WinFS and a showcase of what .NET could do..

because all these features were dropped before even Beta 1 and chenaged every few months you cannot get it to work in XP, no way.

you can only skin the xp explorer, like one said here. Or you use LH :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:50 pm 
FTP Access

Try Buying Windows Blinds & Applying a theme called Jadaero 1.4 http://flahorn.deviantart.com/art/Jadaero-1-4-56867320 :)

or if ya dont wanna spend any money patch your uxtheme.dll & Get this Pack Here http://-kol.deviantart.com/art/Longhorn-4074-VS-v2-0-9380004

but tbh, install longhorn. nothing on xp will 100% replicate its look :)

Top  Profile