BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 25d, 18h, 41m | CPU: 46% | MEM: 5649MB of 10892MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 PostPost subject: Would anyone want them?        Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:45 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:35 pm

Posts
571

Location
United Kingdom
I happen to know someone who is part of ''The Scene'' and they are planning to give me the following unleaked Longhorn Builds: 4015 Lab 06, Build 4018, 4050 and 3700. If I do get these builds, how would you all like if I was to leak them for you guys to download?

PS: I don't mind getting a bad rep from The Scene as long as I get hold of these builds for you people to download.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:09 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sun May 13, 2007 12:42 am

Posts
2406
Interesting....I want them.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Would anyone want them?        Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:19 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:44 am

Posts
216

Location
Poland
squidward_ wrote:
I happen to know someone who is part of ''The Scene'' and they are planning to give me the following unleaked Longhorn Builds: 4015 Lab 06, Build 4018, 4050 and 3700. If I do get these builds, how would you all like if I was to leak them for you guys to download?

PS: I don't mind getting a bad rep from The Scene as long as I get hold of these builds for you people to download.

What if they find out about this post and decide to NOT give you the builds? :P
But sure, if you get a hold of those builds, be sure to leak them. Damn "The Scene" to hell, the more betas are public, the better.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:17 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:16 am

Posts
725

Location
TeXaS

Favourite OS
Windows Vista Beta 1 (6.0.5112)
I would flip out! I've been wanting 4050 like crazy!


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:21 pm 
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:11 pm

Posts
2607

Location
Germany, Earth

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Yeah, would be nice to get them and play around with these... :)

_________________
MS vNext: Windows 10 ESD Database - Windows 10 Build Labs - Windows 10 Update Archive - Office 2016 Version Tracker - Office Downloader


Last edited by Daniel on Sat May 24, 2008 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:28 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:14 pm

Posts
6612

Location
United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
I think it goes without saying that people would like them, especially on this, a Beta community.

However, I think you are speaking crap. A lot of people say that sort of thing, very few turn up with the goods. Well, in my experience, none have.

_________________
BuildFeed - the ultimate collaborative NT build list - Windows Longhorn - a look at a defining Microsoft project


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:13 pm 
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:14 pm

Posts
78
hounsell wrote:
However, I think you are speaking crap.


Direct, and to the point :D

If someone's calling themselves part of 'The Scene' then they're rather childish and most probably inconsequential. When *was* the last Longhorn leak, ignoring the ones I put out?

3718? Edit: 4074 then 4083 were after that. Similar time. Four years ago? And that one came from the same stash as all the builds since (3706, 4011, 4028, 4033, 4039, 4093).

I would be glad to see something new, believe me, but you're all talk squidward_. No offense :D

_________________
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:22 am 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:25 pm

Posts
321

Location
Eggmanland/Toronto

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4015.lab06
Would be cool.
Especially 4015 Lab06.

A man can dream.....

_________________
I am The Eggman! -The Doctor
Like Pictures? Bored? Check out some Photography and "Like" it! Check it out here!


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:35 am 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:40 am

Posts
1513
yeah, we need builds now, last leak is like 9 months ago?

PS. you will get good reps from us.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:01 am 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:56 pm

Posts
600

Location
Vienna, Austria
grabberslasher wrote:
hounsell wrote:
However, I think you are speaking crap.


Direct, and to the point :D

If someone's calling themselves part of 'The Scene' then they're rather childish and most probably inconsequential. When *was* the last Longhorn leak, ignoring the ones I put out?

3718? Edit: 4074 then 4083 were after that. Similar time. Four years ago? And that one came from the same stash as all the builds since (3706, 4011, 4028, 4033, 4039, 4093).

I would be glad to see something new, believe me, but you're all talk squidward_. No offense :D


Wasnt you involved in those leaks :unsure:


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:08 pm 
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:19 pm

Posts
66
Why don't you first get them and then ask us whether we want it or not. Nobody from "the scene" has given us any proff that they have these builds. So I personally don't think they have any of these builds. Just a bunch of Jerks.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:10 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:32 pm

Posts
235

Location
New York

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Build 7600
lol why was this posted in custom operating systems also??? If u can produce we can believe but until then everyone is gonna dig on u.

_________________
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:52 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:45 pm

Posts
1432

Location
UK

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
AviK wrote:
Why don't you first get them and then ask us whether we want it or not. Nobody from "the scene" has given us any proff that they have these builds. So I personally don't think they have any of these builds. Just a bunch of Jerks.
Yes, they have these builds, they have also (from what i can remember) 4044, 4084, 4085, 4007, 4002, 3708, 4066 or 4067 (not sure which one, maybe both) and a not working copy of 3663 (those dumba$$es don't know how to fix it...). Oh, and don't forget the Cherry (that is in fact called Apple) Bloosom wallpaper, some flash LH protos (like the Hillel's one) and endless numbers of XAMLs and DirectX meshes...

The only problem is they don't want to leak this stuff...


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:02 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:44 am

Posts
216

Location
Poland
Any proof that they have it or are they just talking crap?


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:17 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:45 pm

Posts
1432

Location
UK

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
gracz54 wrote:
Any proof that they have it or are they just talking crap?
I have had a conversation (via e-mails, later via PMs on one of those forums that i talked much about LH) with one of the 'scene' members, he proofed to have some stuff, also he wanted me to fix build 3663 but he didn't want to give me it until i will tell him how to fix it... I will try to dig it out (the talk, not the build) from my archive...

Also, one or more of JJ's (ex?)members had Longhorn 4039 before leaking, one had the flash prototype from PDC03 (or WinHEC04, the prototypes form those conferentions looked smilar) and the member who had 4039 leaked a video (made with webcam) of this prototype (made by the member who had it). One of JJ's staff members has the famous wallpaper.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:08 pm 
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:14 pm

Posts
78
FiFi wrote:
…and a not working copy of 3663 (those dumba$$es don't know how to fix it...)


A lot of builds come broken and have to be fixed in ways (sometimes majorly) before they're usable. I've had to work hard with different people to get some working and in the end there's always a way.

Last I knew 3663 was only preinstalled on machines, so to take the build from there it would have had to be ghosted or somesort. Would be interesting to see that leak.

_________________
Image


Last edited by grabberslasher on Sat May 24, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:47 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:14 pm

Posts
6612

Location
United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Oh no. Scene flaming comes to BA.

Sure, we'd all love to see everything leak. And I think it is incredibly easy to criticise those who don't leak. But until you get something rare/unleaked yourself, and someone asks you not to leak it, I don't think you'll quite understand.

I don't really have anything special myself, only stuff that a fair number of people on this forum have (In my case, PDC03 DVDs and Build 4074 IA64, most of it either leaked or not of interest, particularly the ia64 side of things). But just the pressures to leak and not to leak are high over such things. In the end, it was my slow upload speed that decided things for me, but when you are on good terms with the people you got the items from, and they ask you not to leak, you won't want to destroy that by leaking.

I used to be highly critical of those who refused to leak things, but I've gained a respect for them, and completely understand that when they've been asked not to leak, they don't want to go against this and fall out with people.

Some people portray the scene as some sort of bully group that forces people not to leak things, but the more I here, the more I understand that it is a personal thing between just one or two people, and they might chose to share with a few trusted people who won't leak.

As much I'd love to see a number of builds leak, I also understand that people may have their reasons to not leak, and flaming them will not help.

On the information doesn't hurt, and people should make information about those builds available, and screenshots where possible, so people get a better idea of the development process.

Just to reiterate. I don't plan on uploading any of my rarer stuff, so don't bother asking. I may choose to leak some of the more interesting stuff later, but i will do it in my own time, rather than on other's demands.

There is a lot of good people who have unleaked stuff, who'd dearly love to leak, but can't for aforementioned reasons.

Wow, just realised this post is really long. *takes break. ends rant.

_________________
BuildFeed - the ultimate collaborative NT build list - Windows Longhorn - a look at a defining Microsoft project


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:44 am 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:40 am

Posts
1513
grabberslasher wrote:
FiFi wrote:
…and a not working copy of 3663 (those dumba$$es don't know how to fix it...)


A lot of builds come broken and have to be fixed in ways (sometimes majorly) before they're usable. I've had to work hard with different people to get some working and in the end there's always a way.

Last I knew 3663 was only preinstalled on machines, so to take the build from there it would have had to be ghosted or somesort. Would be interesting to see that leak.

maybe wim image it?


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:40 am 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:16 am

Posts
725

Location
TeXaS

Favourite OS
Windows Vista Beta 1 (6.0.5112)
hounsell wrote:
Oh no. Scene flaming comes to BA.

Sure, we'd all love to see everything leak. And I think it is incredibly easy to criticise those who don't leak. But until you get something rare/unleaked yourself, and someone asks you not to leak it, I don't think you'll quite understand.

I don't really have anything special myself, only stuff that a fair number of people on this forum have (In my case, PDC03 DVDs and Build 4074 IA64, most of it either leaked or not of interest, particularly the ia64 side of things). But just the pressures to leak and not to leak are high over such things. In the end, it was my slow upload speed that decided things for me, but when you are on good terms with the people you got the items from, and they ask you not to leak, you won't want to destroy that by leaking.

I used to be highly critical of those who refused to leak things, but I've gained a respect for them, and completely understand that when they've been asked not to leak, they don't want to go against this and fall out with people.

Some people portray the scene as some sort of bully group that forces people not to leak things, but the more I here, the more I understand that it is a personal thing between just one or two people, and they might chose to share with a few trusted people who won't leak.

As much I'd love to see a number of builds leak, I also understand that people may have their reasons to not leak, and flaming them will not help.

On the information doesn't hurt, and people should make information about those builds available, and screenshots where possible, so people get a better idea of the development process.

Just to reiterate. I don't plan on uploading any of my rarer stuff, so don't bother asking. I may choose to leak some of the more interesting stuff later, but i will do it in my own time, rather than on other's demands.

There is a lot of good people who have unleaked stuff, who'd dearly love to leak, but can't for aforementioned reasons.

Wow, just realised this post is really long. *takes break. ends rant.


As much as I hate to admit it, he's right about that. It's hard to imagine not wanting to leak something and it's very easy to critisize those who keep them to themselves. If I had a rare build, I would love to leak it amongst those who are here (the main members).

However, I can also understand the not wanting to give for the sole reason of the build falling into the hands of those who don't appreciate the hard work going into obtaining it ir someone looking to claim they got it first. Ya know, the 1-time posters, desktop nerds who just come for software and nothing else.

I like the people who are active here and give a crap about the other members are willing to help each other out. Doesn't mean you have to be here all the time. Just means that you should be an active part of a team...not a hit-and-run.

Anyway, I can see folks desire to keep software to themeselves. Not that they wouldn't want to leak it to those who'd appreciate it, but it would surely fall into the hands of those who blab their mouth about it all over the internet...and that's where people get into trouble. If only we could all trust each other. I'm not totally off base, am I? I know there's more to it, but this is just a portion of my viewpoint.

To sum it up, I'm not hating on anyone for not leaking, if it's for the right reasons. I do want more unleaked builds though...oh man do I want them. (Especially Longhorn 4067, 4050, and 5098.)


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:03 am 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:56 pm

Posts
600

Location
Vienna, Austria
Well, I think many people here could leak one or two unleaked things, and even if it is only a wallpaper, you still promised that you wont give it away. If you would do so, your sources trust would break and you dont want that, do you?
Anyway as Thomas said, if the person you give your thing to, also has something you want, then it is more likely that he wont leak your build/thing/whatever because someone else has trusted him before. Anyway, I really like grabberslashers idea with his blog where he shows some screens and then gives an info... It would be great to see that from the other builds too...


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:38 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:02 pm

Posts
514
4tified wrote:
Anyway, I can see folks desire to keep software to themeselves. Not that they wouldn't want to leak it to those who'd appreciate it, but it would surely fall into the hands of those who blab their mouth about it all over the internet...and that's where people get into trouble. If only we could all trust each other. I'm not totally off base, am I? I know there's more to it, but this is just a portion of my viewpoint.


It's not so much where it eventually ends up, it's more where it came from. If someone says "hey, look, I wanna give you this build but I'd really appreciate it if you didn't leak it, yeah?" then it doesn't really matter who you intend/don't intend on leaking it to, you'd still be breaking that guy's trust after he let you have a copy of that potentially uber-rare build. That would be seen as crapping on the guy who gave you the build, he was good enough about it to allow you to take a copy and all he asked was that you don't leak it. But you did. So not only does he now not trust you and thinks you're an ass, you're never gonna get him to give you any more from his collection because you'll probably just turn around and give it right to someone else again after he specifically asked you not to.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:33 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 24, 2008 10:46 pm

Posts
58
really it would be hard to do. but if obtain these items you are technically part of the scene. so it might be a good and bad thing. the scene could come after us all. so i think you should like leak it to me then i leak it. that makes it harder to trace and you don't get a bad rap. Sort of... but i Want to get those


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:12 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:14 pm

Posts
6612

Location
United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Core 2 Idiot wrote:
really it would be hard to do. but if obtain these items you are technically part of the scene. so it might be a good and bad thing. the scene could come after us all. so i think you should like leak it to me then i leak it. that makes it harder to trace and you don't get a bad rap. Sort of... but i Want to get those


Um, You actually believe this?

There is nothing to suggest that what he is saying isn't complete crap. And there is nothing to suggest that he is indeed close to someone in the so-called 'scene', which doesn't exist as one large group anyway. The term 'scene' is used incredibly loosely to the point it doesn't really mean anything.

_________________
BuildFeed - the ultimate collaborative NT build list - Windows Longhorn - a look at a defining Microsoft project


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:03 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:40 am

Posts
1513
hounsell wrote:
Core 2 Idiot wrote:
really it would be hard to do. but if obtain these items you are technically part of the scene. so it might be a good and bad thing. the scene could come after us all. so i think you should like leak it to me then i leak it. that makes it harder to trace and you don't get a bad rap. Sort of... but i Want to get those


Um, You actually believe this?

There is nothing to suggest that what he is saying isn't complete crap. And there is nothing to suggest that he is indeed close to someone in the so-called 'scene', which doesn't exist as one large group anyway. The term 'scene' is used incredibly loosely to the point it doesn't really mean anything.

the scene is the word used to discraibe people that are igorant, greedy and does not leak. It like the offence word to point at someone and attck them. There is no such group as the scene, so why are we using the word "scene"?


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:40 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:14 pm

Posts
6612

Location
United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
I don't know, this whole Idea originated on Joejoe, and it seems some members have brought it here. The scene does not exist. There are a number of small groups who share unleaked alphas/betas to my knowledge. Then there are a few individuals separate from this who share with a small group of friends certain builds, though not on a large scale, unlike the groups I mentioned before. The 'scene' was first referred to on Joejoe I believe referring to just one (relatively small) group of people. And it soon spread to anyone and everyone who had anything to do with unleaked stuff. Since then, new members who don't really bother to find out the facts, just add to it, and turn it into something hateful.

They are just software. They are undoubtedly interesting, but certainly no reason to hate someone. Please judge a person by their personality, before their unleaked builds. Just because they have something you want, and can't share it for a reason, doesn't necessarily mean that they are arrogant, greedy or a bad person. That is referred to as Jealousy, and makes you more of a bad person than them.

Could we please just end this pointless debate? It is up to people what they do with their software, and their choice does not make them a bad person. When they leak, we should be glad and grateful, It is not something they are required to do, or even should do.

_________________
BuildFeed - the ultimate collaborative NT build list - Windows Longhorn - a look at a defining Microsoft project


Top  Profile  WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2018

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS