BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 15d, 17h, 36m | CPU: 15% | MEM: 5372MB of 11630MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: How do I install Windows for OS/2 on Citrix Multiuser 2.0?        Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:03 pm 

Hi.

Recently I finally installed Citrix Multiuser 2.0 on 86box. I now got the base system, but I also want to install Windows 3.0 compatibility (seen in neozeed's article). I have a bunch of Windows 3.0 copies (3.0, 3.0a, MME Unknown OEM, MME Tandy OEM, etc.) but how to install it?

neozeed wrote:
What is interesting is that you are expected to supply your own retail version of Windows 3.00, and Citrix has some updated drivers, along with OS2K286.EXE, and updated program manager, control panel, and print manager. While IBM included a full copy of Windows 3.00 at this point, this feels like the beginning of OS/2 for Windows – AKA the Borg.

Any help appreciated, especially with this exotic OS.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How do I install Windows for OS/2 on Citrix Multiuser 2.        Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:54 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS 3.30a & Windows/386!
During install I believe its an optional component. Anyway all the files and instructions are in a separate directory. I don't recall using the print instructions at all for the install, just bumbling around. I was surprised to have found that Win/OS2 shipped with Citrix, but it's just shimmed to run under OS/2 dpmi. There obviously is no presentation manager integration as Citrix has no PM.

It runs Sim City for Windows 3.0 just fine, although mine is version 1.0, the more common 1.1 had too many 3.1 hooks I think. I can't remember quite right.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How do I install Windows for OS/2 on Citrix Multiuser 2.        Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:47 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS 3.30a & Windows/386!
ALSO be sure to read the readme, once you have Citrix installed, as there is a step by step guide in properally setting up Windows 3.0, Standard Mode operation.

The floppy drive needs to be reserved in Citrix. From an OS/2 prompt run:

reserve a:

Install Windows 3.00 into the c:\wincmu directory.

In the c:\cmuwinst directory run the install.bat which will configure the windows instance with the newer drivers to run under OS/2.

After the install setup a DOS session profile, make sure you enable DPMI... you dont need EMS or XMS, or even DOS in the HIgh memory area.

you can release the floppy with a

reserve /d a:

READ THE README!! Although for some bizzare reason it's an EXE, so you read it by RUNNING it, but yeah the instructions are included.

Top  Profile