Linux equivilent of "My Music"?

Discussions about *nix and Other Operating Systems should go in this forum.
Dr Eggman
FTP Access

Linux equivilent of "My Music"?

Post by Dr Eggman »

Hey all,

Recently i was transferring some music to my psp in linux and i was wondering that until now, i haven't found a specific place for music. I was wondering if there is a place for it or if it goes into /home/<yournamehere>
I am The Eggman! -The Doctor
Like Pictures? Bored? Check out some Photography and "Like" it! Check it out here!

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

You mean on your computer?
You can store the music (and other files) wherever you like, as long as you stay in $HOME. I'd say it depends on the media player/jukebox you use, but most programs will allow you to set a folder. So in the end, it's more or less up to you.

ddrmaxromance
FTP Access

Post by ddrmaxromance »

It's kinda like Windows. You don't HAVE to store your music in the "My Music" folder, even if it's the default. I'd probably make a /home/music/ folder and just stick it in there so you remember easily.
Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

Jamson

Post by Jamson »

Mandriva 2008 gives you a Music folder, if you wanted to use something like that.

Axalon

Post by Axalon »

Code: Select all

$ mkdir ~/Music
$ nautilus
Problem Solved.