BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 23d, 18h, 18m | CPU: 27% | MEM: 6077MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: ReactOS 0.3.4 is out!        Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:40 am 
FTP Access

There have been a lot of changes over the past few months. A consolidation of these can be found in the changelog. Some of the highlights are:

* A complete rewrite of the Cm (Config Manager) in ntoskrnl - aka registry support. This makes it much more compatible with NT5.2 (win2k3).
* SEE / SEE2 support.
* New plug-n-play keyboard and mouse driver.
* Full syncing of all usermode dlls from the most recent Wine release.
* Support for RPC and IDL (which was quite outdated and buggy) was finally brought up to date, providing a solution for the plug-n-play manager problems, ReactOS Services and promising future support for complex apps such as Microsoft Office.
* Huge improvements to user32 which now uses the desktop heap, greatly speeding up the UI.
* Large compatability fixes to gdi32, meaning our dll can now be loaded and used directly in Windows.
* Continuation of the rewrite of Win32k incorporating rewrites of a core functionality to bring it in line with win2k3.
* Improvements of many core user mode components, a much more functional shell32, improved control panel applets and the addition of a remote desktop client.
* A great deal of work on translations, language and regional settings.

Full announcement here
Download here

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:58 am 
FTP Access

Coool, thx for the info :D :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:12 am 
Donator

thx for posting the news. I will install it this week and take a look at it :)

:)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:22 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Neptune/Whistler2419/Linux Mint
i still they should have done more work before they released 0.3.4 anyways, its still a HUGH improvement from 0.3.3 * and you can download and play diablo 2 shareware version, sweet!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:13 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
It doesn't like me. I installed it in VirtualPC, but when I rebooted, it wouldn't work, it just froze, just after the splash screen went.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:51 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
marktuson wrote:
It doesn't like me. I installed it in VirtualPC, but when I rebooted, it wouldn't work, it just froze, just after the splash screen went.

I never managed it to install ReactOS in VPC, don't know why...
Everytime when I've tried it, it froze after the splash screen, too. :?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:02 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
DO NOT install Reactos .in virtualpc,it wont work, the devs at reactos dont like vpc and therefore they cant be bothered to fix the compatabilty problems, use qemu or download vmware server and install reactos as a virtual machine, vmware is the pick of the 2 because it has a gui and reactos has been coded to be compatable with the vmware video driver

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:24 am 
Donator

I must agree betaluva. DON'T use Virtual PC to install ReactOS. This will never work.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:40 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
i just tried virtual game boy and it worked! watch my video of virtual gameboy running in reactos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Eo1xbYwkl4

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:48 pm 
They sure are getting better! I installed an older version.. was a bit unstable. Going good the ReactOS dev team. :)

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:28 am 
FTP Access

Has anyone actually tried a dual boot with ReactOS?

My question has always been how the video and sound drivers are?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:45 pm 
I have tried installing reactOS a few times and never got past the boot screen on VPC 2007

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:00 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
If you read the documentation on the ReactOS Site, you will see that they are only supporting VMWare and VirtualBox, and not Virtual PC

Also, Please read the rules. Bumping older topics isn't going to get you server access. Not to mention there is now a newer version of ReactOS out.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]