BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 4d, 21h, 42m | CPU: 41% | MEM: 2715MB of 7755MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: bitmaps        Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:41 am 
FTP Access

I am working on a windows 2000 iso. The omly thing left to do is make some visual changes.
Here is where I need help. Can you all upload to ma a bunch of 16 color bitmap. When I change it myself the color gets all screwed up.
So guys if you all can send me a bunch so I can use in my OS that would be cool.

Oh yeah I found boot screen in ntoskrnl so where is the rest of the screens located?

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:55 am 
FTP Access

I'd recommend something like Paint Shop Pro for changing colour depths because a) it does it quite well and b) it's cheaper than Photoshop and the older versions are real shareware.

As for the other bits, the boot screen stuff should all be in ntoskrnl, there's other graphics in msgina.dll, explorer.dll, shell32.dll and a bunch of others I can't remember off the top of my head... someone else here will know though. :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:27 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS/2 Wrp 3.0
You can use Reshacker to add .jpg files to webvw.dll. This is uncompressed on the source tape.

To add wallpaper, give it a short name, eg DIAGONAL.JPG, and install it into the .dll using reshack. You then go to another resource (eg 308), and add a line like DIAGONAL.JPG,"Diagonal Sands.jpg". It's pretty easy to follow in reshack.

I added all of the remaining ones out of Windows ME (which largely share the JPG files from 2K), but you have to add them to the resource that goes to \windir\web\wallpaper. Sample files is limited to one file (athelete.jpg -> sample.jpg).

The rest of the wallpaper i got from Windows NT4 (which the .bmp files come from in the first place)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:20 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Again, read the rules!

http://www.betaarchive.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4
Quote:
Old Topics
5. Try not bring up old topics (this includes bumping). Old topics are considered to be one month old or more from the last post made. Only reply with comments or questions worth mentioning. Do not reply to old topics if the reply is pointless, eg "lol thats funny" or any other pointless comment that could just bump up post count. People consistently posting in old topics with pointless comments risk being banned.

Please lock it.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:49 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Unlocked.

Comment was on topic and allowed.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW