I need install help for OS/2 Warp aswell.. :P

Discussions about *nix and Other Operating Systems should go in this forum.
The Distractor

I need install help for OS/2 Warp aswell.. :P

Post by The Distractor »

With OS/2Warp3, I put Install Disk 1 into floppy drive and my box (test PC, AMD Duron 1.2ghz, 512mb ram, 40gb hdd) reboots.

With OS2 Warp 4, I can get into the install but the partitioning program fdisk.exe is seriously messed up. O_o it can't create partitions at all. Maybe this is due to the hdd being a 40gb one i dont know.

With eComStation I boot from cd, it boots and then doesn't run the install program at all. (although it worked fine on a Virtual PC)

Can anyone help? I want to try out these OSes on my test PC..

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Well, for Warp 4, I can say that it doesn't support disks larger than 4GB by default. I have no idea what causes your problems with the other versions, however.

The Distractor

Post by The Distractor »

empireum wrote:Well, for Warp 4, I can say that it doesn't support disks larger than 4GB by default. I have no idea what causes your problems with the other versions, however.
Maybe it's as simple as the 'OS/2' setting in the BIOS! I could check when I have time.

Skyfrog
FTP Access

Post by Skyfrog »

You need to update the driver on your floppy disk to add support for large hard drives. I think there are updated install disks you can download, I forget which site I found mine on. If you can't find any I may be able to dig mine out and make images of them for you.