BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 29d, 2h, 17m | CPU: 13% | MEM: 5790MB of 10924MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: OSX86 Install Problem...        Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:31 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows for Workgroups 3.11
Hello, I have a Compaq Presario V6000Z which I am trying to turn into a Hackintosh, but I can't get any of the distros I've tried to boot from the dvd. Most give me a .com.apple.boot.slist or plist error. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Specs:
1.8 GHz Turion 64 x2
2GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 integrated gfx
80 GB HD

Distros:
iPC and XxX Leopard both give me an EBIOS error
iATKOS_5i booted once, sat with the mac logo and a spinning circle for two hours. i restarted and it hasn't booted since
iDeneb slist/plist error
Leo4All booted once to install screen w/o keyboard/mouse. i restarted and it hasn't booted since.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: OSX86 Install Problem...        Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:42 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
have you tried Tiger instead of lepoard? you will be able to get QE and whatever that other one is that you can't yet get with Leopard... I had luck with any of the 10.4 distros... but 10.4.11 was prolly my favorite... since it booted on my old lappy =)

JaS made a few good disks to use on 10.4, I have 10.4.3, 6, 8, 9, and 11 to use... if you need links

I also know of a good Google Groups Mailing list that is designed for Hackentoshi (plural of hackentosh) that I have used in the past for help.

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: OSX86 Install Problem...        Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:35 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
I am guessing you need the JMicron IDE fix.
Here you go: http://chameleon.osx86.hu/, http://chameleon.osx86.hu/?pg=2

JMicron SATA/IDE controllers are often incompatible with some boot loaders. In particular, those using GRUB, such as Ubuntu, cannot boot in some conditions[8]. The most recent Linux kernel and the most recent JMicron controller BIOS [9] solve these incompatibilities, but may not be present in existing products, or may require re-flashing the motherboard BIOS. Other bootloaders such as EXTLINUX and the Windows boot loader work fine. It has been fixed by the latest distros. - Wikipedia

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: OSX86 Install Problem...        Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:44 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows for Workgroups 3.11
The JMicron fix didn't work.
What baffles me is that the three distros that I tried that booted, booted once, and then never again. I don't understand why they wouldn't boot on a subsequent time.

Top  Profile