BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 7h, 27m | CPU: 28% | MEM: 6149MB of 11065MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Leopard OS X86        Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:02 am 
I dont know if im the only person who has this on my External but has anyone manged to successfully install it onto an AMD System with out a Kernel Crash ? ive tried the TOH RC2.5 but no luck yet .. would appreciate some help

PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:09 am 
Donator

You should look here.

Anyway, I'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss that here since that's warez. Andy, your opinion?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:22 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Its OK to talk about as long as no download links are posted.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:10 pm 
FTP Access

:P I've never been able to get it to work... Don't know why...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:34 pm 
Donator

When I tried OSx86 Tiger on my main PC, I got a kernel panic because the CPU doesn't support SSE2. When I built a new PC with a Core 2 Duo CPU, I got a "Still waiting for root device" error. As far as I'm concerned, OSx86 is a waste of time to get working.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:01 am 
FTP Access

I think that it said somewhere that you have to disable one core in order for mac to work, but Ive never tried it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:13 am 
Donator

intellivision wrote:
I think that it said somewhere that you have to disable one core in order for mac to work, but Ive never tried it.

But the Macs coming out of Apple currently have Core 2 Duo processors which is why I thought that Core 2 Duo would work.

Besides, I'm pretty sure the problem was the fact that I had my hard drive set to Cable Select when the OSx86 Wiki says that you're supposed to have it set to Primary Master. But either way I formatted the disk I had OSx86 on and find it a waste of time to re-download it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:04 am 
Donator

OP: You may want to wait until an update is released.
For now it may be wise to run Tiger.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:20 am 
Donator

OSx86 will only run with one core enabled on some systems, others have gotten both cores working. It all depends on your hardware (and some luck it seems). Anyway, I've got OSx86 running in VMware on a real Mac just for the hell of it (worked like a charm with the SS3-capable CPU) and also recently installed it on a SSE2 notebook w/a Celeron M. It works, but a lot of things need to be fixed.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:19 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Build 7600
Ive got tiger running on my computer with both cores. Lol it says i got a 4ghz prosseser. But i dont know what i did to do that.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:58 am 
FTP Access

mdogg wrote:
intellivision wrote:

But the Macs coming out of Apple currently have Core 2 Duo processors which is why I thought that Core 2 Duo would work.
Remember Mac mini and how you had the option of buying either the Core Solo or Core Duo versions? Yes, Core 2 Duo processors are currently made by Apple, but I believe Leopard would run on a Core Solo computer if I'm not mistakened.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:01 am 
Donator

troyoda1990 wrote:
mdogg wrote:
intellivision wrote:

Remember Mac mini and how you had the option of buying either the Core Solo or Core Duo versions? Yes, Core 2 Duo processors are currently made by Apple, but I believe Leopard would run on a Core Solo computer if I'm not mistakened.

C2Da are not made by Apple, rather used. :wink: And yes, 10.5 will work on Core Solo, but you have to disable one core on some "Hackintoshes" anyway.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:44 pm 
FTP Access

I recommend you look in to uphuck's iATKOS. His release was due earlier this month but due to recent developments he's adding EFI emulation.

It's going to be OSX86 Leopard with an unmodified kernel, all the modifications are in the bootloader and to the OS it looks like you have EFI rather than a BIOS. This means you can run an unmodified kernel and you can update the OS via regular methods rather than looking for patched updates (which as you're probably aware can get a bit messy).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:51 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
I've tryed few different releases and on some i've got problems but JaS worked fine... So what rels are you using? BTW, there is OSX86 10.5 with a fix for SSE2 processor out (orginaly Leopard (at least the x86 hack) can work only on SSE3 CPUs).

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:25 am 
Donator

moonlit wrote:
I recommend you look in to uphuck's iATKOS. His release was due earlier this month but due to recent developments he's adding EFI emulation.

It's going to be OSX86 Leopard with an unmodified kernel, all the modifications are in the bootloader and to the OS it looks like you have EFI rather than a BIOS. This means you can run an unmodified kernel and you can update the OS via regular methods rather than looking for patched updates (which as you're probably aware can get a bit messy).

If all the OS is looking for is EFI, then what's stopping people from installing OSX on EFI-based PCs?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:24 am 
Donator

FiFi wrote:
I've tryed few different releases and on some i've got problems but JaS worked fine... So what rels are you using? BTW, there is OSX86 10.5 with a fix for SSE2 processor out (orginaly Leopard (at least the x86 hack) can work only on SSE3 CPUs).

I've used JaS ( 10.4.7/.8 ) and XXX ( 10.4.10 ), both worked, but I'd keep the JaS releases as a backup as I get the impression these are quite stable and and rather painless to set up, newer releases tend to have quite a number of bugs.

ppc_digger wrote:
If all the OS is looking for is EFI, then what's stopping people from installing OSX on EFI-based PCs?

EFI seems to be somehow "hidden" on these boards, i.e. they support it, but there's currently no way to access it or interact with it, so you still have to boot via conventional BIOS-based methods. And then, there's the TPM chip.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:16 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 R2
leopard has come along way
i mean ppl have worked out how to use a vanilla kernel now with a patch
that emulates efi
very impressive

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:56 am 
FTP Access

I run Leopard on a Dell Precision 380 with a P4 3.8HT processor. Everything works onboard except the built-in Broadcom Gigabit. I use a PCI RTL8139 NIC and a GeForce 7300. I have 3 SATA hard drives, one as the boot volume and the other two are set up as a software RAID with Disk Utility.
My processor is not supported by the official Apple kernel, so I use the ToH patched kernel along with pc_efi. InsanelyMac is a great resource for everything Mac OS X on white hardware.
If you have any questions about Mac OS X on PCs, you can ask me, or search InsanelyMac.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:30 pm 
I have been tryiing for about the last week to get one of the Leopard OSX86's to run. I guess I will stick with Tiger, which worked better than Vista runs for me.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:32 am 
Donator

<offtopic>
mdogg wrote:
When I tried OSx86 Tiger on my main PC, I got a kernel panic because the CPU doesn't support SSE2. When I built a new PC with a Core 2 Duo CPU, I got a "Still waiting for root device" error. As far as I'm concerned, OSx86 is a waste of time to get working.

I don't know how many people quote themselves but I am just this time.

This was one month ago and I've changed my mind since so for anyone who's seen this topic and are thinking, "What's wrong with this guy?", you now know that I've changed my mind since then.
</offtopic>

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:14 pm 
FTP Access

I've installed Leopard succesfully on my AMD Sempron 3100+. I used the Zephyroth 10.5.2 Install Disc, but there were problems.
When I wanted to install the System with the disc, anything seemed normal until I rebooted the computer. The System locked up in the "Choose your Keyboard layout" screen.
But I found a solution:
I installed Tiger first and then I upgraded Tiger to Leopard. So the screen wasn't shown to me anymore, and I just had a fine install.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:56 pm 
FTP Access

I've successfully installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my computer with an Athlon 64 3700+ and a Radeon Xpress 200 chipset.
No version of Tiger ever worked on it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:39 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Mac OS X 10.7&Ubuntu 11.04
Well for 1 does your CPU support SS3 if not what patches are you using?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:46 am 
Donator

I had the "Still waiting for root device" problem. As it turns out, OSX didn't support the IDE controller in my laptop.

Lot's of useful info here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:14 am 
I've successfully installed kalyway 10.5.2 with vanilla kernel, this run like a charm :D,
and i wouldn't format my harddisk for this os :D

8)