BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 2d, 4h, 29m | CPU: 33% | MEM: 4971MB of 11203MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:21 pm 
I like some of the new features like Time Machine and Spaces but it seems like the UI is becoming a bit inconsistent with the new capsule buttons in Mail. I was told some time ago that there will be "major UI updates" in Leopard but it still looks the same :(.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:45 am 
FTP Access

nazgul909 wrote:
I like some of the new features like Time Machine and Spaces but it seems like the UI is becoming a bit inconsistent with the new capsule buttons in Mail. I was told some time ago that there will be "major UI updates" in Leopard but it still looks the same :(.

you never know what kind of UI surprises that might come in early January.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:35 am 
I think Leopard will be really Feature-Packed. Apple always has little surprises for us. We will just have to wait and see

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:47 am 
Leapord will bring many thing were not aware of :P Probably a new look or somthing like amazing opmizations. I wish there were as many beta leaks in Apple as in M$.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:16 pm 
There are a lot of beta leaks of Leopard, infact, every leopard build released to ADC has been Leaked! You just need to know how to look in the right locations ;)

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:02 pm 
FTP Access

I heard somewhere that it has glass effects in some places, That would be cool

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:05 am 
FTP Access

kLOTTiS wrote:
I heard somewhere that it has glass effects in some places, That would be cool

OS X has had transparency for ages - the Dock and menus are slightly transparent, and I think there was even more transparency in the earlier versions but they toned it down a bit as people complained it made it hard to see things

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:14 pm 
You are correct, and since Tiger came out in early 2005, see-thru black was thrown in. Though there are rumors that Leopard will have a complete new UI, featuring glass-like-black stuff. Can't wait! :)

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:04 am 
If Leopard comes out, I'll buy it! It's much cooler than Tiger... better and with more functions... like Timemachine...

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:10 am 
Donator

CE0311 wrote:
If Leopard comes out, I'll buy it! It's much cooler than Tiger... better and with more functions... like Timemachine...

Let's not over-appreciate all the hype. And the sentence is to start with when, because 10.5 will surely come out in the next months, and there'll hopefully be a new Mac mini as well by then because I'd like to replace my current PPC model...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:57 pm 
FTP Access

I was somewhat disappointed that MacWorld didn't reveal any new updates on Leopard or any next-gen Mac models. I really hope they give the option for a better graphics engine or driver rather than dedicated memory for the MacBook. I plan on getting one this year by Christmas...

Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:38 am 
it says on macrumors; on february 24th, there will be a special Apple event which features "Leopard" with all the secret features .

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:47 pm 
FTP Access

dajar wrote:
it says on macrumors; on february 24th, there will be a special Apple event which features "Leopard" with all the secret features .

All I did was smile when I read this. :)

Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:04 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Mac OS X 10.5
troyoda1990 wrote:
I was somewhat disappointed that MacWorld didn't reveal any new updates on Leopard or any next-gen Mac models.

Completely agree. Macworld seems to be in danger of needing a rename to iPodworld.

Still, I reckon Leopard is gonna be huge. I have high hopes for Apple on this. They haven't let us down with an OS release since the days of Copland *shudder*. As a developer, what has been shown already has me hooked. The idea of core animation.. Ahhhhh. You're seeing this already with many developers seeing the new tools available to them, and deciding that the next release of their apps are going to be Leopard only. These aren't small-timers either, Delicious Monster and Micromates (Textmate) (to name the two that spring to mind) have both made that commitment.

I too am looking to buy a laptop, but will probably plump for a Macbook Pro within the next few months, hopefully.. Its always so hard to time these Apple purchases.. :roll:

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:29 pm 
i strongly believe that Leopard is going to be the best OS out there.Tons of new features with the stability of OSX.Just AMAZING.