BetaArchive
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/

[Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=17462
Page 1 of 1

Author:  neonsonicboy [ Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:26 pm ]
Post subject:  [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

Well, here's some screenshots. Scrolling's a bit strange, but, you know... that's Apple for you.

Desktop pretty normal, can't really tell much difference.

Image

Launchpad. So you can launch apps like on the iPad.

Image

New Finder. Cover Flow a little different.

Image

Full screen as demonstrated with the terminal. It can be returned to normal with a blue button to the right of Spotlight on the menu bar.

Image

Mission Control. Rather uninteresting, especially without windows open. Quite useful though, an improvement on the old Exposé.

Image

Shipping with iTunes 10.1. Nice and normal.

Image

Mail full screen.

Image

New system profiler. You can still get the old one with 'System Report'. Naturally it doesn't know the colour of the machine case.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

The App Store. Not downloaded anything yet.

Image

And the redesigned Quick Look.

Image

I'll see if I can get the server edition running next.

Author:  giantsteen [ Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

Is there a 10.7 hackintosh yet :P ?

Author:  neonsonicboy [ Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

Yeah, it's been working on Dells and all sorts.

Author:  linuxlove [ Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

That new Finder looks more like iTunes.

Author:  neonsonicboy [ Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

The whole UI does TBH. It's been completely redone. I actually like it, despite my initial reservations I think it's a step in the right direction and they're slowly getting rid of all the complaints one could have about a Mac. Drop the hardware price point and I can't see a reason why one shouldn't buy one - they can run Windows and such...

Author:  giantsteen [ Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

OMG where can i download this hackintosh? What's it called?

Author:  neonsonicboy [ Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

I think you can just get the torrent of the retail disk and it should install on most computers without too many problems, but you'd have to ask someone who knows about this kind of stuff.

Author:  finkmacunix [ Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

What about Vmware ? Is it possible to install it in a Virtual Machine yet?

Author:  jamieostrich [ Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

finkmacunix wrote:
What about Vmware ? Is it possible to install it in a Virtual Machine yet?


only if you install it on vmware fusion on a mac first and copy it over. Kinda defeats the point tbh!

Author:  finkmacunix [ Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

My Mac is my main computer…
Fusion and Parallels say that Lion can not be installed, because they don't know that there is no server version of Lion…

Author:  bubo [ Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

You can change the scrolling from the system preferences, mouse, it is set up to scroll in the same direction as your finger swipes! the opposite of what Snow Leopard and previous OS X defaults were.


neonsonicboy wrote:
Well, here's some screenshots. Scrolling's a bit strange, but, you know... that's Apple for you.

Desktop pretty normal, can't really tell much difference.

Image

Launchpad. So you can launch apps like on the iPad.

Image

New Finder. Cover Flow a little different.

Image

Full screen as demonstrated with the terminal. It can be returned to normal with a blue button to the right of Spotlight on the menu bar.

Image

Mission Control. Rather uninteresting, especially without windows open. Quite useful though, an improvement on the old Exposé.

Image

Shipping with iTunes 10.1. Nice and normal.

Image

Mail full screen.

Image

New system profiler. You can still get the old one with 'System Report'. Naturally it doesn't know the colour of the machine case.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

The App Store. Not downloaded anything yet.

Image

And the redesigned Quick Look.

Image

I'll see if I can get the server edition running next.

Author:  gu3st [ Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

The server version of OS X isn't too different to the retail versions anyways. UI wise they are identical, they just have a few server specific management applications that allow you to start/stop/setup the server components. Not to mention on DP1, you could actually install them from the one DMG.

Author:  VSEAE15O [ Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

Not impressed. My eyes don't have the craving for sweets like eye candy. They like something bland, sort of bitter and abysmal--the Terminal

Author:  Saphiresurf [ Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

giantsteen wrote:
Is there a 10.7 hackintosh yet :P ?

Only with certain bootloaders and with those bootloaders certain computers. Last time I checked it doesn't work with the chameleon bootloader.

Author:  thepianoplayer1994 [ Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

wow!! thats great.. i cant wait to get a mac ;DD hee :)

Author:  Wiggles [ Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

I'm not impressed. I really don't understand how Apple can call every revision a new OS. Really, there's barely anything different between each of them and there doesn't seem to be anything really "new" here. What Apple sells for $129, Microsoft gives out for free... they're called Service Packs.

Keep in mind that I don't hate Macs. I hate Apple, if that makes any sense.

Author:  DarkMeta [ Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

Microsoft also takes somethings from thier Windows phone to Windows 8 itself.
I wonder why they do this.
Well actually not they now try to copy Apples way of develop OS'es

Is this strange it is a little bit?

Author:  fhaz [ Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

i have try this stuff but seems it not support my book air.. :(

Author:  Mellexx [ Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

I'm definitely going to hop on this once it's released, I wasn't sure if I was going to like where it was headed at first but now as I've seen more I'm without a doubt going to get this for my macbook pro.

Author:  brunomaraujo [ Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

Is it possible to install Lion on VMWare Fusion in Snow Leopard?

Author:  Mellexx [ Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

brunomaraujo wrote:
Is it possible to install Lion on VMWare Fusion in Snow Leopard?

I don't believe so, I saw somewhere people were trying to figure out a way to do it but afaik they were not successful.

Author:  igeorge [ Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

DarkMeta wrote:
Microsoft also takes somethings from thier Windows phone to Windows 8 itself.
I wonder why they do this.
Well actually not they now try to copy Apples way of develop OS'es

Is this strange it is a little bit?

Microsoft uses the Metro UI as everybody knows! The same as WP7, Windows Live Essentials and more!

Author:  Samlaptop [ Sun May 01, 2011 10:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [Screenshots] OS X Lion / 10.7 build 11A390 Client

Mellexx wrote:
I'm definitely going to hop on this once it's released, I wasn't sure if I was going to like where it was headed at first but now as I've seen more I'm without a doubt going to get this for my macbook pro.

So am I. I'm going to upgrade to Lion once released or leaked.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/