BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 62d, 13h, 48m | CPU: 39% | MEM: 5161MB of 12211MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Redstone Time! IoT 14262.1000 and Mobile 14267.1002 released        Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:16 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
The IoT build is available at dev.windows.com, I ran the x86 one on Virtualbox, nothing special though.

As for the Mobile build, it is for Lumia 950/950XL/550 and Xiaomi MI4 only...

And it comes with ARM 64-Bit support, good news for the 950 series.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Redstone Time! IoT 14262.1000 and Mobile 14267.1002 rele        Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:47 pm 
FTP Access

Bordeaux, sometimes in Paris, France, maybe also in R.W

Favourite OS
So I installed the 14267 build on my phone and it doesn't really feels much different at this point from 10586, even in terms of performances. I quite like the new messaging additions, but as you know, all things powered by skype tends to be very buggy. I tried the new photo/moji support and the app crashed everytime I opened the convo, I had to delete it and to reopen it in order to view it. Sad to see MS releasing it only for the 50 line, but I guess they have a point, the team at redmond probably doesn't want any feedback related to unsupported firmwares.

Here is some screenshots of the about page, the insider hub and everything I could find:

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Redstone Time! IoT 14262.1000 and Mobile 14267.1002 rele        Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:45 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
How'd you get this running on an 830?

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager - my configuration manager for 86Box

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Redstone Time! IoT 14262.1000 and Mobile 14267.1002 rele        Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:31 am 
FTP Access

Bordeaux, sometimes in Paris, France, maybe also in R.W

Favourite OS
I guess I can reveal the trick since apparently it got widely shared in public on xda-developers as well on social networks and youtube. We didn't originally want to reveal it because it could brick your device and most importantly, MS could patch the vulnerabilities exploited in this guide. They already started to patch some of them starting with NDTK and the File explorer app, and MTP.

You'll need an interop unlocked device in order to get redstone builds on your lumia.

Here I will detail the procedure on how to interop unlock a lumia device and how to edit the PhoneManufacturer key

Requirements:

You'll need the Windows Phone 8.0 SDK installed. You can use the lite version found here:
http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/18768687/file.html

You'll also need vcreg 1.5 from this forum post on XDA-Developers:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows ... st64410126

You'll also need (optional, if you don't want to do some tedious work) CustomPFD 6 from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows ... s-t2981057

Tutorial:

• Once the Windows Phone 8.0 SDK tool set is installed, connect your phone to your computer and make sure the device is correctly recognized.
  • Then make sure your device is on the latest 10586.107 build and you enabled Developer Mode in the for developers settings on the phone.
  • Once that's done, open the Application Deployment tool on your computer, browse for the vcreg xap downloaded earlier and deploy it.
  • Once that's done open the vcreg app on the phone, tap ..., go to templates, and tick the following:
    • Live interop/capabilities unlock
    • Restored NDTK (for use on nokia lumia devices, not for 950)
    then tap apply.

Now if you don't want to use CustomPFD follow this, otherwise jump over the next item.
    • If you don't want to use CustomPFD
      • Go back to VCReg, select the string option, and select the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE option, then in the path textbox enter the following:
        System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\
      • enter in the key textbox PhoneManufacturer
      • Press read to check if I didn't mess things up when typing this tutorial. You should see either Microsoft or NOKIA displayed in the value textbox.
      • Now enter MicrosoftMDG in the value textbox and press write. Read the key again to see if it correctly written the value.
        If it didn't redo the first steps involving enabling interop unlock and leave the device for 5 minutes and reboot and try again.
      • Once that's done go to Windows Update and check for updates.
    • If you want to use CustomPFD
        Deploy CustomPFD to your phone using the same tool as earlier.
      • Open CustomPFD, go to the section where you see all hives, browse to HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\PhoneManufacturer
      • enter MicrosoftMDG and press write.
      • Now check for updates

The update will take approximately 1 hour depending on the device.
If you are stuck on step 3 in the migrating your data phase follow this instructions on this link (see the "To reset an unresponsive phone" section):
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-t ... t-my-phone
This will take you directly to the Out of box experience.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Redstone Time! IoT 14262.1000 and Mobile 14267.1002 rele        Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:35 am 

Favourite OS
lh 4001
gus33000 wrote:
I guess I can reveal the trick since apparently it got widely shared in public on xda-developers as well on social networks and youtube. We didn't originally want to reveal it because it could brick your device and most importantly, MS could patch the vulnerabilities exploited in this guide. They already started to patch some of them starting with NDTK and the File explorer app, and MTP.

You'll need an interop unlocked device in order to get redstone builds on your lumia.

Here I will detail the procedure on how to interop unlock a lumia device and how to edit the PhoneManufacturer key

Requirements:

You'll need the Windows Phone 8.0 SDK installed. You can use the lite version found here:
http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/18768687/file.html

You'll also need vcreg 1.5 from this forum post on XDA-Developers:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows ... st64410126

You'll also need (optional, if you don't want to do some tedious work) CustomPFD 6 from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows ... s-t2981057

Tutorial:

• Once the Windows Phone 8.0 SDK tool set is installed, connect your phone to your computer and make sure the device is correctly recognized.
  • Then make sure your device is on the latest 10586.107 build and you enabled Developer Mode in the for developers settings on the phone.
  • Once that's done, open the Application Deployment tool on your computer, browse for the vcreg xap downloaded earlier and deploy it.
  • Once that's done open the vcreg app on the phone, tap ..., go to templates, and tick the following:
    • Live interop/capabilities unlock
    • Restored NDTK (for use on nokia lumia devices, not for 950)
    then tap apply.

Now if you don't want to use CustomPFD follow this, otherwise jump over the next item.
    • If you don't want to use CustomPFD
      • Go back to VCReg, select the string option, and select the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE option, then in the path textbox enter the following:
        System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\
      • enter in the key textbox PhoneManufacturer
      • Press read to check if I didn't mess things up when typing this tutorial. You should see either Microsoft or NOKIA displayed in the value textbox.
      • Now enter MicrosoftMDG in the value textbox and press write. Read the key again to see if it correctly written the value.
        If it didn't redo the first steps involving enabling interop unlock and leave the device for 5 minutes and reboot and try again.
      • Once that's done go to Windows Update and check for updates.
    • If you want to use CustomPFD
        Deploy CustomPFD to your phone using the same tool as earlier.
      • Open CustomPFD, go to the section where you see all hives, browse to HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\PhoneManufacturer
      • enter MicrosoftMDG and press write.
      • Now check for updates

The update will take approximately 1 hour depending on the device.
If you are stuck on step 3 in the migrating your data phase follow this instructions on this link (see the "To reset an unresponsive phone" section):
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-t ... t-my-phone
This will take you directly to the Out of box experience.

Can you give us the update packages? Thanks

Top  Profile