BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 30d, 14h, 22m | CPU: 22% | MEM: 5935MB of 11078MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:01 pm 
Donator

From 7264:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:04 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune & Longhorn
Quite good wallpaper. I think it is not really nice that you can't change it, but it is better than that grey betta fisch one. Would be nice with aero glass. Problem is that there isn't aero glass in starter :(

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:06 pm 
Donator

That one looks really awesome, where you got the Starter Editon, since the is just there Ultimate out? :o

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:09 pm 
All versions are on the same DVD, you just need to patch some files or have the right serial.
Also you could look into the WIM with 7zip or ximage and extract the files of the single versions ;)

PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:51 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
I personally think this one (from all the other editions) looks better:

Still, the more, the merrier.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:54 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win XP build 2419 | Win7 and up
zeehonden_3 wrote:
Quite good wallpaper. I think it is not really nice that you can't change it, but it is better than that grey betta fisch one. Would be nice with aero glass. Problem is that there isn't aero glass in starter :(

I think that someone will hut down the BMP from a resource dll or something and makes a hack/guide for it. The image has to be somewhere in windows..

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:06 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune & Longhorn
Whistler_fan wrote:
zeehonden_3 wrote:

I think that someone will hut down the BMP from a resource dll or something and makes a hack/guide for it. The image has to be somewhere in windows..

Yes, Rafael (from withinwindows.com) has tried to do it, but says that it is better protected than he thought.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:33 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Damn, that wallpaper is so much nice than the default one on the other editions.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:21 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
zeehonden_3 wrote:
Whistler_fan wrote:
zeehonden_3 wrote:

Yes, Rafael (from withinwindows.com) has tried to do it, but says that it is better protected than he thought.

Rafael's UXstyle app can allow you to change it
Rafael wrote:
(Thankfully, UxStyle, to be pushed out as a public beta this weekend (hopefully), will feature the ability to bypass this wallpaper restriction.)

http://uxstyle.com/

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:29 pm 
FTP Access

I wonder if it will be included as one of the wallpapers you can select in the other editions. :idea:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:09 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
Ambig wrote:
I wonder if it will be included as one of the wallpapers you can select in the other editions. :idea:

I saw it in the windir or system32 on 7246 I don't remembr if you could select it, but if not browse for it and set it as your wallpaper.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:03 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
pizzaboy192 wrote:

Rafael wrote:
(Thankfully, UxStyle, to be pushed out as a public beta this weekend (hopefully), will feature the ability to bypass this wallpaper restriction.)

and as long as DWM service is included or running on starter then that there prog
could allow us to copy over the areo theme and have glass :D

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:18 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
angelwolf71885 wrote:
pizzaboy192 wrote:

Rafael wrote:

and as long as DWM service is included or running on starter then that there prog

I'm fairly certain the someone will find a way to just rip DWM from the final Windows 7 build, shouldn't be _that_ hard to install it on another Windows 7 install...

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:41 am 
Donator

pizzaboy192 wrote:
angelwolf71885 wrote:
pizzaboy192 wrote:

Rafael wrote:

I'm fairly certain the someone will find a way to just rip DWM from the final Windows 7 build, shouldn't be _that_ hard to install it on another Windows 7 install...

You'll also have to fix the license values...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:53 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
Namronia wrote:
All versions are on the same DVD, you just need to patch some files or have the right serial.
Also you could look into the WIM with 7zip or ximage and extract the files of the single versions ;)

or you can delete ei.cfg, then you can select any version you want.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:35 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
nookupeous wrote:
Ambig wrote:

I saw it in the windir or system32 on 7246 I don't remembr if you could select it, but if not browse for it and set it as your wallpaper.

Sorry for double post, but the wallpaper is located at C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper\Windows\img0.jpg

in the .wim file the wallpaper is stored at 1\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper\Windows\img0.jpg

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:58 am 
FTP Access

pizzaboy192 wrote:

People thought the same thing about enabling Aero on Vista Home Basic. ;)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:13 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Ambig wrote:
pizzaboy192 wrote:

People thought the same thing about enabling Aero on Vista Home Basic. ;)

but whats different about win 7 is even in starter ALL the components are installed just not enabled
u just need a simple token to enable the features...

s alls we need is blue badge 7.0 ( its a pun ) and we can have all the features enabled in starter :D

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:23 am 
Donator

Yes, but the Tokens.dat file is protected by SPP and if it gets modified, SPP will complain.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:36 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Windows OCManage wrote:
Yes, but the Tokens.dat file is protected by SPP and if it gets modified, SPP will complain.

well its good to see Microsoft wasn't that dumb lol..

but im sure someone will come up with a token serial generator
hell i think Orbit30 already did with his latest tool...

btw is the Token.dat encrypted itself? meaning when you open it is it gibberish
or can u actually see the stuff that can be changed?

but i think the withenwindows guy is going to run into issues with starter
because windows seems to check the hash of the wallpaper

so i don't think a simple theme enabler is going to let us change the wallpaper :(

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:23 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
angelwolf71885 wrote:
Windows OCManage wrote:

well its good to see Microsoft wasn't that dumb lol..

but im sure someone will come up with a token serial generator
hell i think Orbit30 already did with his latest tool...

btw is the Token.dat encrypted itself? meaning when you open it is it gibberish
or can u actually see the stuff that can be changed?

but i think the withenwindows guy is going to run into issues with starter
because windows seems to check the hash of the wallpaper

so i don't think a simple theme enabler is going to let us change the wallpaper :(

The wallpaper is hashed in 7 Starter, but it is not easy, but trickable. all you do is find a way to fake the system into thinking that the hash is still the same for the picture, but in reality, it is a completely different picture. Same concept as BlueBadge V0,1,and 2 (Tricked windows into thinking it was on the MS network.)

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:53 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
More of my classmates said that the new wallpaper in build 7232 and later is so "ugly"...and I think this wallpaper for starter may be not bad.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper        Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:58 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
5.50.5111/6.0.3706/6.0.4028
Looks not bad. Maybe it is better than new default image from other editions

Top  Profile  WWW