BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 21d, 23h, 36m | CPU: 24% | MEM: 5634MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Longhorn Reloaded        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:57 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OSX
Hi,

Being the Longhorn fan that i am, i can feel that its time to reinstall my Evo 410c (those who likes netbooks, should have a look at a Evo N410c -google it)

Anyway, my thoughts goes to giving Longhorn reloaded a try, so i went to TPB, and grabed a couple of diffrent versions.

Got two isos.

1. LHR_M1_FRE_EN_SE.iso

2. LB1PFRE_EN.iso

I'v checked the content of both, and they are very much diffrent from each other.

Anyone know wich one is the real verison, and what is the story behind the reloaded (i know that som guys from joejoe.org started the project and Microsoft ended it.. but not what versions what released etc.)

Run OSX on a pc - Ahsay backup monitoring - Online Backup

Last edited by leonbollerup on Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Rey loaded        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:10 pm 
FTP Access

From what I remember, they released only one version as M1, so I guess the first one is the real one, but that's only my guessing :) Try it on virtual machine.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Rey loaded        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:35 pm 
Donator

Two lefts and a diagonal sidestep from where you are.

Favourite OS
Windows 7 M3 (6801)
1. LHR_M1_FRE_EN_SE.iso
This was the original Longhorn Reloaded M1. Used XP or an early build of Longhorn's setup.

2. LB1PFRE_EN.iso
I think that this is Vista Build 5048 (not quite sure).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Rey loaded        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:46 pm 
FTP Access

LB1PFRE_EN can be any build before Beta 1. Check the string in setup.exe.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Reloaded        Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:05 am 
Donator

Before you go to all the trouble of running Reloaded on a real machine, run it in a VM first, you'l probably decide its not worth the hassle.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Reloaded        Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:14 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OSX
Hey,

I checked the setup.exe on both ISO's, and they both have the same version number, the content of the ISO's look like this:

LB1PFRE_EN.iso
- boot
- docs
- sources
- support
- valueadd
- autorun.inf
- readme.htm
- setup.exe
- win51
- win51ip
- winbom.ini

LHR_M1_FRE_EN_SE.ISO
- $OEM$
- docs
- i386
- autorun.inf
- boot.bin
- boot.catalog
- readme.htm
- setup.exe
- win51
- win51ip

i'll test them when i come home tomorrow (we are at a hotel in Lycksele now for a mini vacation)

Edit $MS = $ OEM $ (for some reason, phpbb changes it to $MS)

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Reloaded        Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:10 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
The forum changes M $ (with no space) to MS to stop people using it as an alternative to MS for Microsoft. Its MS not M dollar sign...

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Reloaded        Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:50 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OSX
ok, i would consder it a bug when it changes "$ OEM $" (without spaces and "")

Maybe you should change it from check parts of words, to checking the entire word ;)

L.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Reloaded        Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:53 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Can't be done, its how the forum works. Anyway how often is it you use a $ in your posts? Not very...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Reloaded        Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:10 pm 
Donator

Quote:
The forum changes M $ (with no space) to MS to stop people using it as an alternative to MS for Microsoft. Its MS not M dollar sign...

I should be able to spell it anyway I want to. Am I the only one who notices that Andy and Mr.Pijey talk down to everyone who isn't at least a moderator?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Reloaded        Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:17 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
st.alfonzo wrote:
Quote:

I should be able to spell it anyway I want to. Am I the only one who notices that Andy and Mr.Pijey talk down to everyone who isn't at least a moderator?

If you bothered to search the forum you'd realise that there were a lot of complaints from people when people used M $ instead of MS, so instead of complaining at us maybe you could respect that it annoyed a lot of people and something had to be done about it.

And so what if we talk down to people? That's what Admins and Moderators do. Without it there would be no order on the forum at all. Also, it's my forum, I can do what I like. If you're unhappy with it then that's your problem. Nobody forces you to read what I have to say.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Reloaded        Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:28 pm 
Administrator

Offtopic Comment
st.alfonzo wrote:

I am the only one noticing that posts like yours are the reason why we need to "talk down" to members that needs to make a fuss about unimportant matters? Only those that makes trouble needs "special" attention from us, everyone else is content or they talk directly to us about issues they got. We respect the members and their wishes and we expect the same back, but if none is given then we will reply in kind.

And on the topic of spelling MS, you may spell it as you want, but the forum will change it anyway if you spell it with a M[dollarsign]. Why? Because as Andy said it bothered a lot of other members, they felt it was childish and lame and degraded the quality of the posts. And those members didn't make a fuss about it.

Really, if you got a problem with how we do things why not take it up with us directly? You won't win any sympathy points by posting it on the forum. And then we might actually respond politely and explain why we have this filter...

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Reloaded        Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:52 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OSX
Andy, as i tell my devleopers.. thats a realy lazy bug and a even worse excuse.. fix it or i will.. well.. in this case.. i'll leave it to you ;)

.. allright girls, lets drop the bitch fight (not that i dont fancy a good chick fight.. buuut..) lets get back to the topic.. -> Longhorn reloaded ;)

anyone ever installed it before.. and what is your experince with builds the best performing LH4074 install ?

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Reloaded        Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:57 am 
Donator

I've installed it. As I said before, try it in a VM first (no offense to the guys at JoeJoe who worked on it) but its rubbish.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Reloaded        Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:41 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
there was a mod pack going around after MS shut the main project down..

if someone did manage to git a hold of an original iso
would we even be able t have it on the servers?

Top  Profile  YIM