BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 29d, 3h, 5m | CPU: 26% | MEM: 5789MB of 10906MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: (NOW FIXED)Problem with Asus Xonar Audio Center on Windows 7        Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:12 pm 
FTP Access

EDIT: Asus has released a patch file in the audio download section for all xonar cards.
Simply download the patch for your card and OS, and apply it, restart your computer and all the problems with explorer will be fixed and the audio center will now appear in the control panel.

Last edited by dualloop on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Problem with Asus Xonar D2X Audio Center on Windows 7        Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:35 pm 
FTP Access

Guess its time for Asus to sort out some new divers/software. Just hope they do a better job than Creative and all your features are still there when they do.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Problem with Asus Xonar D2X Audio Center on Windows 7        Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:49 pm 
FTP Access

OG wrote:
Guess its time for Asus to sort out some new divers/software. Just hope they do a better job than Creative and all your features are still there when they do.

At least Creative update their drivers often, the last drivers asus released for the xonar d2x are dated 11/02/09 :?
I think they are one of the few mainstream companies that still don't offer Windows 7 Drivers. Hence I am using Vista x64 Drivers.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Problem with Asus Xonar D2X Audio Center on Windows 7        Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:25 pm 
FTP Access

You call 2 years often? :P The last non beta driver for my card is dated March 2007. That was their 2nd attempt at a Vista compatible driver, the previous failure being released October 2006. About all we got was a half functioning driver with the volume levels halved and virtually none of the software we had in XP. The only driver since, a beta, was releases in March this year. Creative are a [censored] poor company with diabolical after sales support and have a fondness for threatening users who attempt to fix their intentionally broken software with legal action becuase a) they made Creative look like idiots and b) they proved Creative purposefully disabled features in an attempt to force people who adopted Vista to buy a new (hopefully Creative) product. No doubt Asus will fix your issue, if it's down to them, but if not, and you're in the market for a new one, steer well clear of Creative, EMU, and even Auzentech. Buy an M-Audio or sommit instead.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Problem with Asus Xonar D2X Audio Center on Windows 7        Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:38 pm 
FTP Access

OG wrote:
You call 2 years often? :P The last non beta driver for my card is dated March 2007. That was their 2nd attempt at a Vista compatible driver, the previous failure being released October 2006. About all we got was a half functioning driver with the volume levels halved and virtually none of the software we had in XP. The only driver since, a beta, was releases in March this year. Creative are a [censored] poor company with diabolical after sales support and have a fondness for threatening users who attempt to fix their intentionally broken software with legal action becuase a) they made Creative look like idiots and b) they proved Creative purposefully disabled features in an attempt to force people who adopted Vista to buy a new (hopefully Creative) product. No doubt Asus will fix your issue, if it's down to them, but if not, and you're in the market for a new one, steer well clear of Creative, EMU, and even Auzentech. Buy an M-Audio or sommit instead.

I hope asus fixes the issue, i really don't want to replace my card.
I'm sure creative will fix your issues because Microsoft will probably threaten to sue them for providing poor support to their new operating system, which can turn people away from the new os.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Problem with Asus Xonar D2X Audio Center on Windows 7        Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:46 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
I've used my D2X with the latest drivers (PCI_D2X_090225_8_17_64Vista3264.rar) from February without any problems at all, in fact they seem to work better in 7.

Although I have had major problems with 7201 64-bit, I've only just been able to get them sorted out (2 reinstalls, culminating with me installing 7137 again).
My problems included applications not working unless run as admin and and in XP-compatibility mode and random explorer-control panel related modules locking up completely.

I recommend installing 7137 and seeing if your problem goes away.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Problem with Asus Xonar D2X Audio Center on Windows 7        Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:59 pm 
FTP Access

longview wrote:
I've used my D2X with the latest drivers (PCI_D2X_090225_8_17_64Vista3264.rar) from February without any problems at all, in fact they seem to work better in 7.

Although I have had major problems with 7201 64-bit, I've only just been able to get them sorted out (2 reinstalls, culminating with me installing 7137 again).
My problems included applications not working unless run as admin and and in XP-compatibility mode and random explorer-control panel related modules locking up completely.

I recommend installing 7137 and seeing if your problem goes away.

I had 7137 installed previously and did not have these serious problems with explorer or other apps after installing the D2X Drivers and Software, so something has changed in this new build.
Since installing 7201, i have got it at a state that to me is more usable, plus as usual its faster so i'm gonna stick with this build.
Just out of interest longview, did you have a server execution failed in explorer.exe error when trying to open something like screen resolution from the right click menu?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Problem with Asus Xonar D2X Audio Center on Windows 7        Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:10 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
I never tried to change the resolution so I don't know for sure.

I didn't get any error messages from explorer at all though, but if I opened the Control Panel and clicked 'Uninstall a program' link it would lock up and not do anything.
If I opened the task manager it wouldn't show as non-responsive and selecting end program from there would close it.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Problem with Asus Xonar D2X Audio Center on Windows 7        Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:26 pm 
FTP Access

Just installed Build 7229 x64 and the problem is still there.
Seems like we need some Windows 7 Drivers from Asus

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: (NOW FIXED)Problem with Asus Xonar Audio Center on Windows 7        Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:14 pm 
FTP Access

EDIT: Asus has released a patch file in the audio download section for all xonar cards.
Simply download the patch for your card and OS, and apply it, restart your computer and all the problems with explorer will be fixed and the audio center will now appear in the control panel.

Top  Profile