BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 24d, 10h, 40m | CPU: 27% | MEM: 5632MB of 10992MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: [HELP PLEASE] vista internet problem...        Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:34 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
hello
i have a stupid problem with my internet
its slow ... very slow
if i download from torrent or a psp file sharing like shareaza or limeware i get my normal speed of 600-700 kb/sec
if i download from a website i get 20-150 kb/sec
dont know why i just happend this week.
i called my ISP but they sayd the connection is fine and works and should work with my speed of 600-700 kb/sec
i reseted,restarted,reinstalled my "speedtouch" modem but still the same...
no matter what OS or antivirus or without antivirus i get the same slow speed and slow loading web pages,even google takes time
reinstalled vista 3 times,also changed 1 day to windows 7 build 7100 x86,ubuntu and others, still the same...
my vista is with default drivers and network card marvel yukon
i havent installed any driver...
no spy,no viruses,just a clean os and the web pages works and download very slow

how can i fix this ? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: [HELP PLEASE] vista internet problem...        Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:36 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
When you said reinstall vista, you mean a clean install?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [HELP PLEASE] vista internet problem...        Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:41 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
Day2Die wrote:
When you said reinstall vista, you mean a clean install?

yes clean,no programs,no games,just clean with an antivirus avg or avira or others but the same,windows update disabled,windows firewall disabled,uac disabled
right now i installed "internet download manager" its strange
if i use this program i get my speed of 600-700 kb/sec but only on download
the web pages work slow...

is there any fix ?

i forgot, on any browser like internet explorer,firefox,opera is the same stupid thing...

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: [HELP PLEASE] vista internet problem...        Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:38 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
GLaDOS 1.07
First of all, if you leave P2P things running, it can slow down your connection because it is sharing your downloaded files with other people. Also, have you tried Google Chrome? It run's really fast on my wireless connection.

theportalguy

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [HELP PLEASE] vista internet problem...        Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:39 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 RTM
why do u need HUGE download speeds? Use download accelerator plus and turn off p2p and torrent programs when downloading from websites. if you wanna try your download speed, download something big from microsoft like win7 RC or Visual Studio 2010. My ISP speed is about 5MbS BUT all I got as a maximum is 600kBs

Internet is a tricky thing. I had a time when my internet provider got shut down and i barely got 5 kBs. Sometimes the companies run out of bandwith and do what theportalguy says. Google Chrome is very fast and I mean very very fast

hope this helps you :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [HELP PLEASE] vista internet problem...        Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:58 am 
Donator

MugenFox wrote:
My ISP speed is about 5MbS BUT all I got as a maximum is 600kBs

You mean your ISP gives you is 5 megaBITS per second and your download 600 kiloBYTES per second?

Chrome does not increase download speeds either, dns prefetching, caching, and rendering it does though. (unless it has a download accelerator built in that no site notices... :P).

Are you sure this happens even if you have no file sharing or anything running and your downloading from a source such as Microsoft who can upload to you at your max speed?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [HELP PLEASE] vista internet problem...        Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:36 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
MugenFox wrote:
why do u need HUGE download speeds? Use download accelerator plus and turn off p2p and torrent programs when downloading from websites. if you wanna try your download speed, download something big from microsoft like win7 RC or Visual Studio 2010. My ISP speed is about 5MbS BUT all I got as a maximum is 600kBs

Internet is a tricky thing. I had a time when my internet provider got shut down and i barely got 5 kBs. Sometimes the companies run out of bandwith and do what theportalguy says. Google Chrome is very fast and I mean very very fast

hope this helps you :D

i dont know what it was but now its back to normal :D
works great again..wonder how long 8-)

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: [HELP PLEASE] vista internet problem...        Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:29 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
I know that with some connections (my friend's, for example), you can only download so much per month before you exceed your bandwidth limit. He can only download a 2GB Windows 7 ISO about twice a month, and then his download speeds are cut a lot, like what you were saying about yours. But sometime in the next month, everything goes back to normal.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [HELP PLEASE] vista internet problem...        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:44 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
darthtk118 wrote:
I know that with some connections (my friend's, for example), you can only download so much per month before you exceed your bandwidth limit. He can only download a 2GB Windows 7 ISO about twice a month, and then his download speeds are cut a lot, like what you were saying about yours. But sometime in the next month, everything goes back to normal.

i dont have "bandwidth limit"
i dont know what it was but now its working perfect :D

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: [HELP PLEASE] vista internet problem...        Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:21 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune Build 5111
everybody has a download limit .. , those that are advertised as no limits are subject to a fair use policy otherwise they slow your speed down

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [HELP PLEASE] vista internet problem...        Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:39 am 
Donator

darthtk118 wrote:

Major offtopic, but anyway.

That's generally called a download limit. ISP's who have limits either "shape" (slow your net down) until the next billing month, or charge you extra per MB/GB. Some ISP's let you choose which one.

Each ISP is pretty much required to provide its users information in regards to how much they've downloaded, etc.

As an example, mine

Top  Profile