BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 22d, 9h, 26m | CPU: 10% | MEM: 5531MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: No Midori?        Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:51 pm 
FTP Access

Recently, to Poland came Steve Ballmer to the meeting with IT represantives and helpers to many people in Internet forums. He said everybody can send him an e-mail referring to MS coming products and he'll answer it. I asked him following question:
"Hello, I'm ***** *****, Poland. Last time during your meeting with IT representatives, you said we can ask you questions, so I have a one. A couple of months ago, certain MS representatives said that Windows Server 2008 R2 would be the last Windows ever. However, a few weeks ago, I saw an announcement saying that MS is hiring people to Windows 8's development. Then what's the current status of Midori (will it be itself Windows 8, but built on completely new basis) and is it going to be released at all? Thanks in advance, ***** *****."

And he answered: "Midori is a technology exploration." It's not much, but from that we can conclude that Midori's not going to be released at all, and it's just another research program, but this time based on Singularity. It's a pity, that MS won't write its next OS from a bottom, although they said something different a couple of months ago.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: No Midori?        Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:56 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
This has always been the case. Midori was only ever planned as an evolution of Singularity, to see if they could reproduce what they acheived with singularity with a Kernel that would be suitable to replace Windows NT.

It was not ever to replace Windows NT, but merely to just see if it could be done.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: No Midori?        Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:39 pm 
FTP Access

I don't know, I'd heard just what I typed. Where did you read it?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: No Midori?        Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:16 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
4044/7700/7950/8888
Windows 8 MSDN Build (for testers only).torrent

(i can upload the torrent on rs but no seeders, only peers, but i dont know the exact hour on Russia )

Nom: Windows8_7.1.7990.0.debuggers (dbg) .090516-1235_Pre-Alpha.Iso

Size: 2 234 804 512 octets

MD5: 60646BAAWEX0FS5S29EGCCBSDB026X2W

SHA1: A2265W6S4B24753DF293A5E50B666W69F024WS

CRC: A365845F

Download open only 7h am at 12h am

Some source claim this iso are avaible on msdn...

(sorry for my english)

Regards.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: No Midori?        Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:10 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Don't believe everything you read. A bit of research goes a long way, and that's an obvious fake by any stretch of the imagination.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: No Midori?        Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:38 pm 
FTP Access

This actually could be true because i had read somwhere that microsoft had divided
the OS development team into two seperate teams which would work on seperate projects.
But even if that was the case i seriously doubt that the second team would have advanced
so far as to produce an actual build that would be open to testers

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: No Midori?        Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:28 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Microsoft will only be at the very early planning stage of Windows 8, if they've begun in full at all. Such a build is not on MSDN (You can verify that very easily), and I doubt we'll see a build on MSDN for probably 2-3 years. Then you move on to the build string. Windows NT 7.1? What happened to 7.0? and 7990 is very unlikely too. The size is also a little on the low size for an untouched build, and the information missing is most concerning. What's the SKU? It fails to even specify the architecture, usually included even if it is quite obvious by it's size. The lack of screenshots, or even a screenshot of the digital certificate for verification purposes that accompany most releases is also a hint. Then the lack of seeders is conclusive, I suspect that it's nothing more than a load of 0s, or just entirely made up from the start.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: No Midori?        Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:29 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
I also love copy-paste :P
Code:
http://www.google.gr/search?hl=el&q=Windows8_7.1.7990.0.debuggers+(dbg)+.090516-1235_Pre-Alpha.Iso+&btnG=%CE%91%CE%BD%CE%B1%CE%B6%CE%AE%CF%84%CE%B7%CF%83%CE%B7&meta=&aq=f&oq=

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: No Midori?        Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:13 pm 
Administrator

Yeah, Hounsell's right. There's too much odd about this, Windows 7 isn't out yet and they already got a compiled build for Windows 8? Unlikely. What caught my eye was also the ISO filename, even if it's a vague point. But seeing how the previous releases has been named they in 9/10 cases have been according to MS standards.

As Hounsell said, 7.1? C'mon... Microsoft also begins their ISO filenames with the build (7100.x.compiledate-compiletime_platform_sku_language etc etc). So why should they begin with "Windows 8"? There's no definite codename for the successor of Windows 7 yet. As for the rest of the filename... "debuggers+(dbg)" and "Pre-Alpha".... ".Iso" (capital "I"). There's just too much of a homemade I-don't-pay-attention-to-details quality over this "release".

And fact, if it was legit it wouldn't only be all over the net now, but it would also be on various reputable Windows information sites. And the build would have been picked apart into pieces by now. Microsoft doesn't go out with info on very early builds, but these "winbeta"-sites do, and it's been pretty silent about it except for rumors.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: No Midori?        Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:40 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Well, I am working in Microsoft Israel (Software Engineer in Office Team) and as much as I know about the Windows Team, they still looking for ideas and only compiled 2 build of Windows NT 7.0 (thats is temporary codename) and none of them are 7.1 nor Build 7990. Currently they are only giving ideas about the next Windows version (Yes, Windows version. No Midori nor Singularity). What I do know for sure is that the next Windows version will be 64 Bit only.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: No Midori?        Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:26 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
mrpijey wrote:
[..] and they already got a compiled build for Windows 8? Unlikely.

That wouldn't be so unlikely, MS begun working .NET Server around June 2001, when XP hit the RC stage, they begun working on Longhorn when Server 2003 hit the RC stage (build 36xx, July/August '02) and they started working on Seven (known as "Vienna" back then) at the time Vista hit the RC stage (build 5600, August '06).

The Windows 7 RC is out - I think they are already working on Windows 8/compiling builds etc...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: No Midori?        Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:34 pm 
Donator

But really people, for the last, last time, Midori has nothing to do with the next version of Windows, it is a Microsoft research project.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: No Midori?        Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:40 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
Windows 8 would be cool to get our hands on :).

Isn't it funny how what is so new quickly becomes old hat as soon as we hear abut something newer?

Top  Profile