BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 23d, 20h, 44m | CPU: 16% | MEM: 5679MB of 10971MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows 7 RC. Hmmm.        Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:24 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Server 2003
I have been using the RC of Windows 7 for a few days after lifting it from the fabulous M1 server. I was a bit worried about the installation procedure as it seemed quite a few people were experiencing problems. It did, however, go smoothly. And quickly. Unfortunately but probably predictably I have quarms with Windows 7. I have been compilating a nice little list of "stuff what annoys me". Don't get me wrong, it is MS's best yet IMO, and they're getting closer and closer to Windows becoming a real class-leading piece of software.

My first issue is partly with microsoft and partly with developers. It's to do with those oddball apps which insist on using their own theme : circa iTunes, Spotify etc....

-Developers : Microsoft provides you with APIs and stuff to make your programs look really nice. But noooooo, you feel the need to imitate iTunes at every opportunity, or make your programs look like a TV screen. It's just annoying.

-Microsoft : Why do only certain parts of Aero work properly with such applications? They have all the nice little effects when opening / minimising, I can use Aero Shake with them, but why can't I use Aero Snap. This is very annoying.

Does anyone else find this annoying?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 RC. Hmmm.        Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:14 pm 
I am just downloading win 7 now, hoping my beta 1 official key works.

I would never upgrade from a beta to RC, i would always do a clean install. how ever having said that, part of me wish that we should be able to upgrade without issues. ofc we still need to remember that it is a beta and RC :)

I completely agree with you that third party developers should use the theme we have in windows and drop that iTunes crap. and i also think that is why aero is not working as you want it to is down to how third party developers has coded their software wrong.

Do you know if i can use my win 7 beta 1 key for this RC ?

- R

PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 RC. Hmmm.        Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:23 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Server 2003
When I said upgrading, I actually meant a clean install. I always do a clean install :)

Your B1 key will activate it just fine.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 RC. Hmmm.        Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:49 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
Merge article with: http://www.betaarchive.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7860

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 RC. Hmmm.        Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:57 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Server 2003
Day2Die wrote:

Those 2 threads have nothing in common.

Top  Profile  WWW