BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 6h, 53m | CPU: 44% | MEM: 5745MB of 11012MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Witch is the most stable build of 7 x64?        Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:28 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
Well? And does anyone know if it has compatibility for visual basic 6 programs?

Thanks,

I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Witch is the most stable build of 7 x64?        Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:48 pm 
Donator

7077, i don't know about visual basic 6.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Witch is the most stable build of 7 x64?        Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:58 pm 
FTP Access

7000 I'd say, its the only one so far that hasn't had any bugs to speak of and it the only one I've had running since it was leaked that has not needed to be reinstalled. I just had to dump 7077 becuase it decided it no longer liked being connected to the internet, and screwed both my lan, something that seems to be becoming a "feature" of the more recent 7 builds.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Witch is the most stable build of 7 x64?        Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:08 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
I'd say 7068 or 7077. 7000 did have bugs (like the MP3 issue), they were just patched with an update before public release. Visual Basic 6 does work on x64, it's only the earlier 16bit Visual Basics that don't work on x64.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Witch is the most stable build of 7 x64?        Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:34 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
In Windows 7, higher builds are more stable. Build 7077 is currently the most stable. That's not true for Longhorn and Vista though.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Witch is the most stable build of 7 x64?        Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:15 am 
Build 7077 both x86 and x64 are the best performing and the most stable I have tested. I started testing with build 6801 (I think that was it). I have tested every build released or leaked since.

7077 is the build designated the first escrow build for release candidate compiled on 4-4-2009, with six followup builds in escrow since, which brings it to yesterdays' build 7083. No additional code changes are expected for this winmain_win7rc branch (unless a glaring bug is found) as they work toward an expected RC build 7100 in May.

7105 was created about the same time from winmain to form the release to manufacturing (RTM) branch and allow additional development in parallel to RC. The final RTM will be announced somewhere between July and September and I speculate it will be build 7700.