BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 7d, 5h, 8m | CPU: 27% | MEM: 6575MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:02 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn Concept
Well I've downloaded and burned the much talked about leak of build 7077, and I must say I'm not entirely convinced. I've installed it, works a treat as did previous builds but there is no full build number:

And here's the winver:

DISCUSS THIS! :).
Alexander

Admin edit: Added "discussion" to the end of the topic name so people don't get confused when looking on the new topics list.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:31 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
There is no full buildtag on the desktop because this is a build from the RC-branch.
Build 7000 did also have no full build tag on the desktop.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:33 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
That is because it's an RC build.
And it's a ''big'' build, more ''smaller'' builds between the ''large'' build have the full tag in the Winver.
That's why it is there.

Are you questioning if this build is real?
Yes, it's real.

You can still get the full build string here:

Regedit.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Currentversion

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:40 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
"Official released build" is be a better description than "big", 6801 did also have no full tag on the desktop....

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:41 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn Concept
Oh ok, I see now.
Although, for a "Big" build there is hardly any difference to the features in 7068.

Alexander

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:51 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
More than likely there are lots and lots of bug fixes. Aren't there any release notes anywhere?

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:56 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
I have never seen any release notes of a Windows build containing a list with "under-the-hood-changes"
(and those torrent release notes aren't very informative usually, too), but we will see some general release
notes when the RC has oficially been released.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:10 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
My guess is that 7077 contains a bunch of bug fixes, some show-stopper bug fixes, and a lot of performance improvements. There are changes to Paint and newer icons too

(I'm comparing 7077 to 7000)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:41 pm 
Donator

People seem to be using the certificates to tell whether or not the files have been modified. I don't really know anything about them but they're definitely there and valid.

People are saying that the bug in the WMP buttons on the superbar is gone, which seems indicate that it's not just a bunch of hex-edited files.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:53 pm 
Administrator

Daniel wrote:
I have never seen any release notes of a Windows build containing a list with "under-the-hood-changes"
(and those torrent release notes aren't very informative usually, too), but we will see some general release
notes when the RC has oficially been released.

That's not so odd. These builds are not meant to the public, they are meant only to a select few within Microsoft and their partners. It's not like with public software you get a "6.1.7077.0 fixes:" list... Whatever fixes that are added to each build (and new bugs discovered) are all stored in a database available only to developers, testers and trusted partners. It's like with the service packs where you can get lists from Microsoft on what's fixed or not, but instead these lists are not available to the public since the builds are not.

I've seen some of these lists and trust me, they are VERY long, very complicated and most of the stuff is not understandable unless you are a developer and familiar with the insides of Windows.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:08 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8 7955
From the way the build number is shown on the desktop and in winver, (it is exactly the same style as the beta) I would be inclined to say that this build *IS* very likely the Final RC (or maybe the RC Escrow if they are doing that, though there has been no official confirmation) that it will be released officially very shortly. From what I've seen the only builds that don't show the full build number are public builds.

Considering that this is exactly what happened with the beta, I would also guess that the RC will be publicly released in a week or so. (Like the beta was)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:58 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
7 Ultimate 64bit
is this on the FTP yet? if not do you want me to upload to FTP?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:04 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
It is on M1.

Daniel wrote:
"Official released build" is be a better description than "big", 6801 did also have no full tag on the desktop....

I have just explained in some simple terms what it meant (not very technical), that's why ''big''.
But also you'res name is good (better then mine, but just I wanted to explain what I meant.

EDIT:
Is the Media Player bug gone when clicking a button on the pop-up on the taskbar?
That you automatically double click.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:15 pm 
Administrator

It's on the FTP as well.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:35 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win8
One thing that I've noticed that MS fixed OSK bug that was discussed in here.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:48 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
If the x64 leak, somebody please ring the alarm.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:25 am 
Donator

I installed the 7077 build tonight, strange that I wasnt asked for a key, first time that has happened for me.

NTS my performance info were all "unrated".
The install was fast at 13 minutes 45 seconds after hitting the next key, after formatting the partition.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:14 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune & Longhorn
viper wrote:
I installed the 7077 build tonight, strange that I wasnt asked for a key, first time that has happened for me.

The install was fast at 13 minutes 45 seconds after hitting the next key, after formatting the partition.

Wow that is extremely fast. I had to put in the code (I was upgrading), but the official beta keys still work and activate! :D

You can rate your computer by clicking with the right mouse button on my computer, than properties (or something like that, I can't see it now, this is what I still now), then click on the button where is Not Rated, or somewhere around it, and then click on rate again. That will do it.

I had to install (again........) the drivers of my graphical card, but I didn't get the aerotheme. If you have the same, click by themes on an aero theme, and it is fixed. (You first must have rated it, and it must be above a certain number (I thought 2)).

Great that this build leaked! What a leaks in a short period of time! I hope 7032 will leak again...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:45 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn Concept
I need build 7032. Never knew it leaked :o.

Alexander

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:50 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
It looks like 7077 failed Escrow, meaning MS is still developing builds for RC, and that changes that will come in the offical RC require explicit permission.

http://www.aeroxp.org/board/index.php?s ... t&p=142840

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:06 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune & Longhorn
Alexandergrim wrote:
I need build 7032. Never knew it leaked :o.

Alexander

It didn't leaked, it almost did. There were torrents, but it stucked at around 14% :(

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn
Thlump wrote:
It looks like 7077 failed Escrow, meaning MS is still developing builds for RC, and that changes that will come in the offical RC require explicit permission.

http://www.aeroxp.org/board/index.php?s ... t&p=142840

that info from NetRolller 3D was wicked and explained a tun to me, and gave me a slew of answers to multiple things...

peas
cityboy

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:09 pm 
Donator

viper wrote:

Aren't they aiming for a 10 minute install? And if one of your drivers was not compatible or not present you have to install then right click my computer and hit properties then go to the rating spot and run the test (i have to do it very time from vista up)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:11 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
A 10 minute install would be sweet if they could manage it! Even if Windows continued to "install" in the background once you're into a basic setup, as long as it didn't affect performance too much, that would be cool too.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 7077 Leak Discussion        Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:17 pm 
Donator

I heard you can play minesweeper after it copies over during install (that would be fun and pass the time along faster).

[\offtopic]

Top  Profile