BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 30d, 14h, 40m | CPU: 22% | MEM: 6346MB of 11118MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Server 2008 R2 Beta 1 Printers won't install        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:45 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows for Workgroups 3.11
I get an access denied error whenever I try to install a network printer, whether it be by IP, hostname, or through the Windows wizard. Is anyone having the same problem, or is there a way to fix this? Also, the adobe pdf printer that comes with acrobat wouldn't install, either.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Server 2008 R2 Beta 1 Printers won't install        Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:54 am 
I'm using Server 2008 and I don't know what kind of difference there is between our versions. Anyway, make sure you have printer sharing enabled. When I did add printer I had to put in a username and password. After that it worked for me. What specific problem are you having?

PostPost subject: Re: Server 2008 R2 Beta 1 Printers won't install        Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:56 am 
Donator

Are you sure you didn't logged into Guest (or Limited) account? :idea:

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Server 2008 R2 Beta 1 Printers won't install        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:08 pm 
Do you have network discovery enabled? Then you should be able to browse for the computer and printer.

PostPost subject: Re: Server 2008 R2 Beta 1 Printers won't install        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:30 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows for Workgroups 3.11
they just won't install. network discovery is enabled. i've just given up, and soon i'm going to put 7048 on it.

Top  Profile