BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 12d, 0h, 0m | CPU: 30% | MEM: 6674MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:11 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Server 2003
Something I raised a while ago. You can now select to show EITHER desktop icons or gadgets...

WMP thumbnail now shows album art rather than a screenshot of the little window

Control Panel is now letting me pin in to the superbar

Control Panel now is tidied & shows display options. Network Centre has some new icons

New Homegroup Icon

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:48 pm 
FTP Access

This is really shaping up to be a great release.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:55 pm 
Donator

It cant wait until when you have the taskbar on the sides the text for programs goes down. I have always wanted that.

At least I have a few more things off the list with this build :P.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:51 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Explorer windows have been slightly modified and now include a little indicator between the breadcrumb bar / address bar and the search bar, to show that it can be resized.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:14 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
I have discovered one downside.

When I click an Icon it disappears (it's still there but not the icon, only the text).
Also I have enabled the hidden files and system files, many icons are also missing due it being hidden.
It's a bit annoying.

There was nothing wrong in 7000 with that.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:23 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
DjRob wrote:
I have discovered one downside.

When I click an Icon it disappears (it's still there but not the icon, only the text).
Also I have enabled the hidden files and system files, many icons are also missing due it being hidden.
It's a bit annoying.

There was nothing wrong in 7000 with that.

Erm, I don't think this topic was meant for you to post bugs in. These are changes in terms of actual features.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:48 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
I am not going to open the 100th topic about windows 7.

This was releated to this build.
And it is a change in this build.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:37 pm 
FTP Access

Another change, unfortunately to worse, is that I can't replace standard Task Manager, with the Sysinternals's one, which is much better. On 7000 you could do that easily.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:40 pm 
are all "personalize" options gone in 7022 starter edition or is it my fault?

you cant even disable aero as it seems (at least on "normal" ways).
edit: really seems like all themes are disabled, weird...

PostPost subject: Re: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:07 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Windows 7 Starter doesnt support themes. So the personalize isnt enabled.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:50 pm 
Donator

Daniel1981 wrote:

But from the screenshot, it DOES support Aero basic theme. I thought personalization page is required if you're changing wallpapers, no?

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:18 am 
FarCry3r wrote:
Daniel1981 wrote:

But from the screenshot, it DOES support Aero basic theme. I thought personalization page is required if you're changing wallpapers, no?

for example yes, but also to change from aero to classic or so on, but not even classic can be enabled on normal ways, which had never been before in any starter edition.

PostPost subject: Re: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:24 am 
Donator

Namronia wrote:
FarCry3r wrote:
Daniel1981 wrote:

for example yes, but also to change from aero to classic or so on, but not even classic can be enabled on normal ways, which had never been before in any starter edition.

I would never enable classic theme in Windows7 again. It's just too ugly, at least on 6801...

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:36 am 
Donator

Yeah, they've completely destroyed the classic theme, which is a shame really, Vista Basic is just as ugly.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:36 am 
FarCry3r wrote:
Namronia wrote:
FarCry3r wrote:
Daniel1981 wrote:

I would never enable classic theme in Windows7 again. It's just too ugly, at least on 6801...

for work, themes dont have to be nice, they have to be functional :P
J.Byrne wrote:
Yeah, they've completely destroyed the classic theme, which is a shame really, Vista Basic is just as ugly.

vista basic has aero basic, not classic. 8-)

PostPost subject: Re: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:53 am 
Donator

Umm, wha?

There are four main styles, Aero, Aero Basic (Aero without transparency), Basic (Toilet Blue) and Windows Standard (Win2k look).

Basic sucks because it's a toilet water color and the taskbar and start menu are mismatched, and Windows Standard sucks because its all patchy and weird in places.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:54 am 
J.Byrne wrote:
Umm, wha?

There are four main styles, Aero, Aero Basic (Aero without transparency), Basic (Toilet Blue) and Windows Standard (Win2k look).

Basic sucks because it's a toilet water color and the taskbar and start menu are mismatched, and Windows Standard sucks because its all patchy and weird in places.

ahh yes, sorry, i thought you meant enabled by default.

my fault :oops:

PostPost subject: Re: Some changes and fixes from 7000 to 7022 i have noticed.        Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:09 pm 
Another two little changes I noticed are in Paint and in WMP.

The `Paste' Icon is changed in comparison to Build 7000.

There are modified Icons for Play/Pause, Next,... in WMP.