BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 28d, 9h, 38m | CPU: 35% | MEM: 6112MB of 10938MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: [req. help] - Longhorn 4074 Windows transparency        Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:40 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OSX
Hi,

I got the transparent taskbar and sidebar, how do you make the Windows transparent ?

Run OSX on a pc - Ahsay backup monitoring - Online Backup

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: [req. help] - Longhorn 4074 Windows transparency        Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:45 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Enable DWM?

Look at the sticky at the top of the forum ;)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [req. help] - Longhorn 4074 Windows transparency        Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:56 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OSX
hey,

DWM, isent that resource demand as h*ll.. and even when i do, i get the green version..

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: [req. help] - Longhorn 4074 Windows transparency        Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:00 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
leonbollerup wrote:
hey,

DWM, isent that resource demand as h*ll.. and even when i do, i get the green version..

You'll need a patched desksrv.dll that contains the glass ;)

And other than DWM, there's no way for Glass Windows.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [req. help] - Longhorn 4074 Windows transparency        Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:30 pm 
FTP Access

hounsell, I think Leon means this.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [req. help] - Longhorn 4074 Windows transparency        Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:33 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
dexter152 wrote:
hounsell, I think Leon means this.

I know that's what he means, and that's what I've given him instructions to do.

You first enable DWM and 'Glass'. This'll produce the Green theme on an untouched 4074, because Glass was not distributed with the build, it's been added by others as part of Fix packs, etc.

So I therefore linked him to a desksrv.dll that had the green resources replaced with Glass resources. That particular desksrv came from Longhorn 08.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [req. help] - Longhorn 4074 Windows transparency        Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:44 pm 
FTP Access

Oh, sorry for that then :P. I thought you din'dt know there was Window Glass.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [req. help] - Longhorn 4074 Windows transparency        Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:48 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OSX
i think i heard some talk about the taskbar/sidebar supports transparent .png files, anyone knows if the windows also do ? (i'm looking for a way to make the windows transparent - without DWM)

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: [req. help] - Longhorn 4074 Windows transparency        Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:10 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
leonbollerup wrote:
i think i heard some talk about the taskbar/sidebar supports transparent .png files, anyone knows if the windows also do ? (i'm looking for a way to make the windows transparent - without DWM)

No, but it supports transparent BMPs as far as i know... I had that idea long time ago but never tryed it - just to take the Aero window PNG from desksrv.dll, cut it in Photoshop, convert to transparent BMP with AlphaConverter & put in the visual style... it could work...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [req. help] - Longhorn 4074 Windows transparency        Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:11 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
leonbollerup wrote:

They are transparent PNGs. But the Windows engine only supports BMPs. The new sidebar/taskbar was an exception, because of the .NET core it was based on. Windows are still rendered by the BMP engine though, unless you enable DWM.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [req. help] - Longhorn 4074 Windows transparency        Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:11 pm 
Donator

Jup i also did that, and longhorn is looking good alright :D

I just can't say goodbye to it.

Top  Profile