BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 28d, 23h, 8m | CPU: 13% | MEM: 5816MB of 10703MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows 7 installation strangeness and Vista        Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:08 am 
Donator

So, I have a pretty good RAID card. Smart Array 5304 quad channel SCSI Ultra160 PCI-X card with 128MB of battery backed up Read/Write cache. I tried installing Windows 7 64bit and it failed because, unlike Vista, it doesn't ship with a signed driver (if anyone can tell me how to get this out of the vista install disk, that would be much appreciated). Anyway, after a couple of attempted installs, I booted back into Vista64, and in the Event Viewer, I noticed an Error message about unable to initalize some Virtual Disk Manager... at the same times I was trying to install Windows 7. So I tried once again, it failed (no disk driver), and I booted back into Vista. Again, there was an entry in Event Viewer saying about unable to initialize Virtual Disk Manager. So, somehow, Windows 7 is writing to Vista's Event Viewer, even though it says it is unable to find the disk. Just a strange peculiarity.

Top  Profile