BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 22d, 10h, 24m | CPU: 57% | MEM: 5494MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Longhorn Build 4074 Support (Sorry >.<)        Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:56 am 
Donator

Hello BA,

Just a silly question, and I know it's out of date and probably not worth it. But i'm currently playing with Longhorn Build 4074. Naturally, i'm having driver issues. I have all my drivers installed successfully bar one, my Atheros AR5007EG WiFi card. The driver installs, but the card keeps getting a "Error Code (10): The Device Cannot Start" error. When I've played with 4074 on a different machine, ages ago, I got the same error with my WiFi card (different card however). So, is this an issue with this build of Longhorn? Does anybody have a working driver for the AR5007EG? I've tried different versions of the XP and the Vista driver.

Sorry for the resurrection a dead issue guys!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Build 4074 Support (Sorry >.<)        Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:16 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Always newest but not this time
hah that is Longhorn all about if it's support your hardware then it's good but if don't then you cant force to run those hardware's & xp & vista both are have different architecture from LH so those driver can't help you

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Build 4074 Support (Sorry >.<)        Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:55 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
XP Drivers should work with Longhorn... You might need to bypass any artificial limitations on the installer by installing directly from the INF file.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Build 4074 Support (Sorry >.<)        Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:57 pm 
Donator

Quote:
XP Drivers should work with Longhorn... You might need to bypass any artificial limitations on the installer by installing directly from the INF file.

May I ask what you mean? I've tried installing the driver in Device Manager by searching for it in it's location, and choosing "Don't Search, I will choose the driver to install". I've then pointed it to the inf file and installed it like that. Is that what you meant or is there another way?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Build 4074 Support (Sorry >.<)        Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:03 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
rayle wrote:
Quote:

May I ask what you mean? I've tried installing the driver in Device Manager by searching for it in it's location, and choosing "Don't Search, I will choose the driver to install". I've then pointed it to the inf file and installed it like that. Is that what you meant or is there another way?

That's what I meant. If it's still not working, there's not much hope left really.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Longhorn Build 4074 Support (Sorry >.<)        Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:06 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
Search for different versions of the driver (back from 2003/2004 if it exists)...

Top  Profile  WWW