BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 23d, 21h, 9m | CPU: 21% | MEM: 6066MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows 7 Beta Damages Some MP3 and solution        Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:12 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
It seem that some build of Windows 7 beta may cause damage to your mp3; cutting of the first few second of your MP3. "It does however only happen under the following circumstances: The first few seconds of a mp3 file will be cut in Windows 7 if the header of the mp3 file is larger than 16 Kilobytes and if meta data is written to the file."

More information: http://windows7news.com/2009/01/02/wind ... -some-mp3/

Set Windows Media Player 12 to NOT automatically update information from the internet and NEVER edit tags solve the problem.

Last edited by Day2Die on Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Beta Damages Some MP3        Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:24 pm 
FTP Access

I had seen this posted elsewhere - quite a big bug if you ask me! I guess i'll be keeping my MP3's away from Windows 7 for now...most interesting thing is that the article says that MS said the public beta won't be affected by this...I guess that means the public beta will be a later build?? Can hope anyway :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Beta Damages Some MP3        Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:32 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
alterbridge86 wrote:
I had seen this posted elsewhere - quite a big bug if you ask me! I guess i'll be keeping my MP3's away from Windows 7 for now...most interesting thing is that the article says that MS said the public beta won't be affected by this...I guess that means the public beta will be a later build?? Can hope anyway :)

From what I understand of it (about the not affected build) is that the build number will be higher then 7000.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Beta Damages Some MP3 and solution        Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:59 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
I've added a solution to the problem.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Beta Damages Some MP3 and solution        Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:15 pm 
FTP Access

I think they are going to use build 7000 as beta 1 anyway and release a hotfix via Windows Update. If it wasn't going to be a public beta they would just mention it as a known issue in the release notes.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Beta Damages Some MP3 and solution        Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:36 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Have not the same problem with MP3, it working ok in 7000

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Beta Damages Some MP3 and solution        Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:20 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Tilka wrote:
I think they are going to use build 7000 as beta 1 anyway and release a hotfix via Windows Update. If it wasn't going to be a public beta they would just mention it as a known issue in the release notes.

They may choose to do a recompile of 7000 and release that as the Beta 1, but it almost certainly won't be the build we have now.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Beta Damages Some MP3 and solution        Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:41 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
A similar problem has happened to me, but using WMP11 on XP. It would skip the first second or two of some MP3's.

Top  Profile  WWW