BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 30d, 5h, 21m | CPU: 68% | MEM: 6244MB of 11407MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: WindowBlinds 6 On Windows Longhorn        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:24 am 
FTP Access

i try windowblinds on windows longhorn build 3683 and it works here is the screen shots
you just need to run it on compatible mode "windows xp" On installer

it will work on longhorn 4074 too i think you will just need to disable the sidebar
and the desktop manager sidebar tile has no porblem about windowblinds

but it has some issue the button down on taskbar is black yo fix it just disable the sidebar See it on screen shot.
the x button on search is black
background wallpaper don't works

Last edited by jeremydd on Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:05 am, edited 8 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: windowblinds 6 for windows Longhorn It Works!!        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:25 am 
Donator

I hate to be so narrow minded, but:
Why Bother? Whats the point?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: windowblinds 6 for windows Longhorn It Works!!        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:26 am 
FTP Access

jabster wrote:

just saying that it works on windows longhorn
so like me i want to install wb 6 on any beta os
and some people dont know that it works on longhorn builds
and by the way my video card is not dwm/dce card compatible my video card is ati radeon x1650 pro series it memory is 512mb

(edited: is this a wrong section to post ?)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WindowBlinds 6 On Windows Longhorn        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:40 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
I don't understand the point. You want to use WB? Might as well use it on a stable and secure platform such as XP or Vista.

The only thing left about Longhorn is how it looks, and you remove that and call it a success?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WindowBlinds 6 On Windows Longhorn        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:07 pm 
FTP Access

hounsell wrote:
I don't understand the point. You want to use WB? Might as well use it on a stable and secure platform such as XP or Vista.

The only thing left about Longhorn is how it looks, and you remove that and call it a success?

im not hurting longhorn style/looks as i said i dont have an dwm/dce to activate "DWM or DCE" compatible video card (not on longhorn 3683)

and..
im just saying that wb 6 works on longhorn since many people dont try or dont have a time to install it on longhorn builds or maybe their os would screw up ,some people want transparent border,it is alternate as theme cuz there is no available theme on longhorn if you want to make your longhorn theme to vista style like that.

and again just saying that Windows blinds 6 Works on Windows OS Beta WOW!!!

(Offtopic:any of you guys have an translator site ? filipino language to english ?)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WindowBlinds 6 On Windows Longhorn        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:35 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
jeremydd wrote:
i said i dont have an dwm/dce to activate "DWM or DCE" compatible video card (not on longhorn 3683)

You can force it in the early builds.
http://djrob.betaarchive.co.uk/site/info/13.html

jeremydd wrote:
(Offtopic:any of you guys have an translator site ? filipino language to english ?)

http://translate.google.com ?
Or anyother commen translation site.

If it's not available there, there isn't one for that language.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WindowBlinds 6 On Windows Longhorn        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:31 am 
Donator

The beauty of Longhorn (especially the late 40XX builds) is how well thought out the UI is, especially the non-Aero UI.
You've actually made it look like Xp with a dodgy sidebar...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WindowBlinds 6 On Windows Longhorn        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:46 am 
FTP Access

jabster wrote:
The beauty of Longhorn (especially the late 40XX builds) is how well thought out the UI is, especially the non-Aero UI.
You've actually made it look like Xp with a dodgy sidebar...

do you know sir its longhorn build 3683
just saying that it is compatible with longhorn. Please stop saying that 8-)

and i dont said that the plex,slate,jade is not good i like slate if you tell :wink:

and another explanation
windowblinds 6 is for xp and vista i just post that windows longhorn is compatible with wb 6 :|
and yes windows longhorn is beautiful (H)

DjRob wrote:
jeremydd wrote:
i said i dont have an dwm/dce to activate "DWM or DCE" compatible video card (not on longhorn 3683)

You can force it in the early builds.
http://djrob.betaarchive.co.uk/site/info/13.html

jeremydd wrote:

http://translate.google.com ?
Or anyother commen translation site.

If it's not available there, there isn't one for that language.

Dwm and Dce is not supported on my card i tried 4074 and it hangs and the 4039 build its dont show dwm and also build 4008 i tried to run C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe C:\Windows\System32\User32.dll dcestartup but nothing happens :| My video card is ati radeon x1650 pro series 512mb
i forgot to say thanks so much :wink:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WindowBlinds 6 On Windows Longhorn        Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:44 am 
thx for the tip, are you aware of any other builds it works on?

PostPost subject: Re: windowblinds 6 for windows Longhorn It Works!!        Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:09 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OSX
jabster wrote:

Because you can.. and because some people still finds it entertaining (like me).

Run OSX on a pc - Ahsay backup monitoring - Online Backup

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: WindowBlinds 6 On Windows Longhorn        Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:18 pm 
Nice find by you. But i think nobody will benefit from it. Because nobody uses Longhorn as a main OS. Its not a good OS. The thing which people like very much in Longhron is it's appearance. Nothing else except this and WinFS, maybe. If we use WindowBlinds, Longhorn is just XP with a theme and a sidebar and just some buggy new features, nothing more

Again, I congratulate you for your find, because I didn't know that