BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 22d, 10h, 37m | CPU: 13% | MEM: 5500MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows Home Server - questions        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:22 am 
Donator

- Will setup automatically detect SATA hard drives so I can install WHS onto one?
- According to one persons blog, uTorrent can download too fast sometimes breaking something disk related and that you should download to a drive not in the "hard drive pool" or something like that, true?
- How do you setup user accounts on the server with no password, as when I was testing WHS in VMWare and on my laptop it would say password error and that Windows would have to have the same password as the WHS user account, except none of my computers use passwords
- Can it back up one HDD to another, sort of like RAID1?
- Is there any way I can get the WHS to backup an Apple computer? There will be at least one

Many more questions to come, just these are the ones I can think of right now.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Home Server - questions        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:21 pm 

Quote:
- Will setup automatically detect SATA hard drives so I can install WHS onto one?

Yes, it even works with Windows XP, why not with WHS?

Quote:
- Can it back up one HDD to another, sort of like RAID1?

Yes, you can use Raid, but i think Windows will give you the following message, when you want to install it.

"Windows Home Server installation failed. Would you like to load additional storage drivers?"

So then, download the drivers!

I hope, i'm correct, if not, correct me ;)

The other things... i don't know

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Home Server - questions        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:15 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 8
This is something I may as well ask, without having to open up another thread.

Is there anyway for setup to ignore the system requirements, specifically the Hard Disk requirements of 80GB.

Top  Profile  WWW