BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 27d, 19h, 34m | CPU: 41% | MEM: 5742MB of 10733MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows 7 build 6956 installation problem        Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:16 am 
Hi guys,

when I try to install this os to real pc, I have error alert:

Quote:
Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt to resume configuration, restart the computer

Files are successfully copied to hard drive, this error occur after first normal installation reboot, when windows show screen "setting up services".

I try to install to 2 configurations and have this error at both. Configurations are:
1. CPU: Phenom X4 9600 BE/2Gb RAM Aeneon/Biostar T770A2 (chipset ATI 770, patched bios for fixing TLB first-line phenom problem)/Video: HIS Radeon 3870 DDR4 512Mb/HDDs: 320Gb Hitachi deskstar + 750Gb Seagate barracuda (both of SATA-type)
2. CPU: Athlon X2 4800+/2Gb RAM Aeneon/Biostar NF520A2-SE (chipset Nforce2)/Video: Sapphire Radeon 3650 DDR3 512Mb/HDDs: 320Gb Hitachi deskstar + 80Gb Seagate barracuda (both of SATA-type) + 250Gb Samsung (of IDE-type)

I also try to setup it to virtual pc (each of vmware, virtualbox and ms virtual pc) and have success each time :).

I try to found answers with google, but key phrase point me to several vietnamize and one hungarian forum. I don't know both these languages and come here to found answers or just people who have the same problem.

Where I need to digg? :oops:

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:35 am 
Donator

Have you tried re-burning the disk, or mounting the ISO within Windows, and installing it that way?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:46 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Yeah, try burning the disc on the lowest speed possible. If you can install it in emulators and not real hardware, it's most likely the disc.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:55 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
5.50.5111/6.0.3706/6.0.4028
Riden, try to mount ISO image into Daemon tools and setup Windows 7 from virtual drive. This is a way what working for me, i'm install Windows 7 from Windows XP. Maybe it solve your problem.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:47 pm 
Guys, thanks for replies! I will try to burn dvd with lowest possible speed. But I have one doubt here. Because when I've installed os at vmware, I try both ISO and physical drive ways and both was successfull :? .

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:34 pm 
Donator

considering it extracts file when it "copies them" and they expand wouldn't it throw an error if it was burned improperly (while copying the files)?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:22 pm 
I've burned dvd at 2x speed and have the same error. Moreover, I think dvd burning is not a reason here because of 2 facts:

1. This error pops up after first normal rebooting during installation, so all files are already at hard drive and I think I can just remove dvd from dvd drive.

2. If I install os from this physical dvd disk to virtual machine I have success

I run xubuntu live cd to search something in logs, but don't found relevant info in them.

Probably, this is hardware incompatibility, I will wait for win7 beta at January. By the way, I have the same error with build 6801, but vista is running well on both configurations.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:21 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
riden wrote:
I've burned dvd at 2x speed and have the same error. Moreover, I think dvd burning is not a reason here because of 2 facts:

1. This error pops up after first normal rebooting during installation, so all files are already at hard drive and I think I can just remove dvd from dvd drive.

2. If I install os from this physical dvd disk to virtual machine I have success

I run xubuntu live cd to search something in logs, but don't found relevant info in them.

Probably, this is hardware incompatibility, I will wait for win7 beta at January. By the way, I have the same error with build 6801, but vista is running well on both configurations.

1. LEAVE IT IN THERE during the install, always it never hurts.
2. Then it's you're PC (physical).

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:34 pm 
DjRob, normally disk always at drive during the installation, I remove only several times for test purposes. And I have the same error in both cases: with disk and without it.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:57 pm 
Donator

considering you did it in a vm i don't think its that the drives to small... if it copies the files at all without error its not going to be the disk (and it isn't used during step 2).

do you have another computer to try this on?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:11 pm 
I will try to install os to asus z99h laptop, but I can do this only at weekends. It doesn't have ATI/AMD equipment, so if I will have success, I will report it.

Sorry for topic 'up' if it occur :oops: . I found the reason. In all trials, except virtual computer installations, I prepare ntfs partition for os with Partition Magic software. I try to install os by selection 'unallocated space' during installation and have success :). So, you need to create partition for Windows 7 build 6956 and Windows 7 build 6801 using os installer if you have error message from first my post.